Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2016, 07:20 PM

185 posts, read 173,972 times

Advertisements

I had a question for the game of thrones fans out there

I absolutely love this show i am all caught up I have never read he books though . But I finally got my girlfriend into the show and we have watched the show back from the top her first time through obviously . We are on season 3 episode 3 and I had a question

After hearing lady Starks talk with tellisa stark about John snow and hating him as a baby because it wasn't hers and was reminded her husband was unfaithful and then later a hint of the tower of joy between bran and how land reeds son , to me both were eye opening hints to me because I'm caught up and know of the Theory my girlfriend however it meant nothing didn't get a reaction so my question is ..

Should I bring up mention the theory to her and how those two conversations hinted at it it would you consider that spoiling the show for her ?

Old 05-10-2016, 11:54 PM

677 posts, read 652,790 times
I would leave it for her to find out in season 6. For book fans it was progressively shown throughout the books with lots of little hints, but I don't think it would be best to spoil such a big plot hook 3 seasons before the show catches up.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:44 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,956,682 times
The big scene is last week's episode about the Tower of Joy is actually 20 years old - it was in the first book - A Game of Thrones back in 1996. It took place when Ned was under the influence of Milk of the Poppy after being stabbed in the leg by Jamie Lannister. So, it's a lot different for book readers than it is for people that have only seen the show. We've basically known about R+L=J for 20 years or so now, and there were further hints in subsequent books - The House of the Undying in A Clash of Kings, for one.

However, for people that just watch the show, there were a few hints last season (Stannis to his wife, Littlefinger, etc), but nothing quite so big as Ned's flashback from the book
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV