Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 11:24 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times

Advertisements

"Blindspot" and "Chicago Med" moving. Below is the new planned schedule.

Monday

8 p.m. “The Voice”
10 p.m. “Timeless”

Tuesday

8 p.m. “The Voice”
9 p.m. “This Is Us”
10 p.m. “Chicago Fire”

Wednesday

8 p.m. “Blindspot” (new timeslot)
9 p.m. “Law & Order: SVU”
10 p.m. “Chicago PD”

Thursday

8 p.m. “Superstore” (new timeslot)
8:30 p.m. “The Good Place”
9 p.m. “Chicago Med” (new timeslot)
10 p.m. “The Blacklist” (new timeslot)

Friday

8 p.m. “Caught on Camera with Nick Cannon”
9 p.m. “Grimm”
10 p.m. “Dateline”

Saturday

8 p.m. “Dateline Saturday Mystery”
10 p.m. “SNL Vintage”

Sunday

7 p.m./4 PT: “Football Night in America”
8:20 p.m./5:20 PT: “Sunday Night Football”

NBC fall TV 2016 schedule: ‘Blindspot’ and ‘Chicago Med’ move, comedy back on Thursday | TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 11:48 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
The only NBC shows I watch are Grimm, Dateline and football if the Broncos are playing. Otherwise, nothing on NBC.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:32 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,732,618 times
Putting Chicago Med up against Scandal may not be very wise.
I honestly can't believe its ratings were as decent as they have been. I feel it is a weak medical show and I'm usually annoyed. Yet I keep watching because of cross-over episodes (I want to be up-to-date.) I continue to contemplate giving it up.
Anyway, right now it competes against NCIS:New Orleans, which I believe typically attracts an older audience than Chicago Med. It also competes against Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, which is more of a niche audience.
I think that Scandal and Chicago Med have more of a similar audience. I feel Scandal will win this battle hands-down.
With DVRs and OnDemand, I suppose it matters less now. Still, I think ratings will go down because of this move.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:45 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I honestly can't believe its ratings were as decent as they have been. I feel it is a weak medical show and I'm usually annoyed. Yet I keep watching because of cross-over episodes (I want to be up-to-date.) I continue to contemplate giving it up.
Anyway, right now it competes against NCIS:New Orleans, which I believe typically attracts an older audience than Chicago Med. I t also competes against Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, which is more of a niche audience.
I think that Scandal and Chicago Med have more of a similar audience. I feel Scandal will win this battle hands-down.
With DVRs and OnDemand, I suppose it matters less now. Still, I think ratings will go down because of this move.
I watch both Scandal and Chicago Med, and I had the same reaction. I will probably watch Scandal live, and catch Chicago Med the next day. I watch Med for the actors. I wish it were as good, storytelling-wise, as St. Elsewhere, which I think it could be if they would take it in that direction, but that's not how Dick Wolf rolls. At least it isn't musical beds like Grey's, which I stopped watching regularly because of Dizzy.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:18 PM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
Good, Grimm's still in the same timeslot. Favorite show on tv for me.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:58 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Blindspot at 8PM. Okay I guess. Seems a little strange but I don't see a better alternative - short of holding the series until January and running it straight through without reruns.

Timeless looks excellent, as I would expect. But I'm surprised by the Good Place, though on second though, I shouldn't bet. It's Ted Danson and Kristen Bell! This is Us seems like it'll satisfy a certain type of viewer (not me, though).

Old 05-16-2016, 05:20 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,250,047 times
We (my wife and I) watch the Chicago series and Blacklist. I watch Blindspot but she does not. I see Blindspot as a bit like the Blacklist using tattoos instead of Red to introduce the evenings adventure.

As to the Chicago series my rankings are
1. PD
2 Fire
3.Med

Old 05-16-2016, 08:51 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
..."Chicago Med" moving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
We (my wife and I) watch the Chicago series...

As to the Chicago series my rankings are
1. PD
2 Fire
3.Med
The Chicago franchise is a big draw for NBC right now. Chicago Med will do well regardless of its move. I will be eager to see how Chicago Justice, the latest installment spun off from Chicago P.D., will do. I hope NBC does not screw it as it did with several Law & Order series.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:19 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Other than the occasional NFL game, it looks as if NBC will continue to be the network I never watch.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:18 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Blindspot at 8PM. Okay I guess. Seems a little strange but I don't see a better alternative - short of holding the series until January and running it straight through without reruns.

Timeless looks excellent, as I would expect. But I'm surprised by the Good Place, though on second though, I shouldn't bet. It's Ted Danson and Kristen Bell! This is Us seems like it'll satisfy a certain type of viewer (not me, though).
I dont quite understand what "This is Us" is supposed to be. Their birthdays are on the same day and their lives intertwine? The trailer seemed kind of out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV