Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2017, 03:09 PM

655 posts, read 1,128,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
My husband still insists we DVR it and watch it on Sunday night, even if we happen to be not otherwise engaged on Thurs evenings. He's really into his routine of when we watch "our shows" together. I try to stay away from all forums and blogs between Thurs and Sun....

We do the same! It was always our Sunday night family show. It is on at 9pm on Thursdays here now and it is too late for the kids to stay up. So they would rather we watch it on demand on Friday or Sunday night. The time slot is killing this show!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 12:29 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakru View Post
We do the same! It was always our Sunday night family show. It is on at 9pm on Thursdays here now and it is too late for the kids to stay up. So they would rather we watch it on demand on Friday or Sunday night. The time slot is killing this show!
I am betting that's the goal. That's the way networks give a show the lethal injection, shift it to 10 PM and let it fade away.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:03 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times
Has this show ever had the same time slot for two consecutive seasons? It seems like they've been trying to kill it all along.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:55 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Speaking of ratings, they are not favorable so far this season...There's nearly a 27% viewer drop from 2016. The time slot IMO does not help at all.
The Amazing Race TV show on CBS: ratings (canceled or season 30?) - canceled TV shows - TV Series Finale
10PM Thursday without even a strong show before it doesn't look lie CBS was really expecting much.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:05 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,417,131 times
I want Floyd for my best friend! It seems like he would be so much fun to hand out with.

The scenery the past two weeks has been phenomenal. So beautiful!!!

Old 04-28-2017, 07:29 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Really enjoying this season. They are putting it at just strange times to kill it. It is such a fun show I hope they continue!

Old 04-28-2017, 08:52 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,196 times
I wish Ashton & Vack (sp) weren't the last group. I can't believe so many people didn't like them. They were odd couple & were finally telling together. There is too much politics going on there. Seems like Brook is leading it, eventho she is terrible player. I am surprise she is still in the show. Her partner is irritated by her too. Its not just about performing well anymore. Its about being liked

Old 04-28-2017, 08:52 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,077,858 times
I have watched this show from the beginning and it is my favorite reality show. One of the reasons I like it is because up until the very last minute you have no idea who is going to win. Anything can happen to change the outcome, losing a passport, getting a cab driver that doesn't know where he is going or even the final run to the finish. Wasn't there even a show where a couple were at the final pit stop and they didn't have enough money to pay the cab driver which delayed their run to meet Phil? I can't remember what the final outcome was. Maybe some of you fans have a better memory and can remind me.

I do have a question about the team that was eliminated last night. What was the reason that the other couples disliked them so much and wanted them gone?

Old 04-28-2017, 08:56 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,196 times
Anyone know how I can plan a trip similar to Amazing race. It will be great for people to go to new place & try new local challenge / activity.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:58 AM

692 posts, read 1,004,676 times
Quote:
I do have a question about the team that was eliminated last night. What was the reason that the other couples disliked them so much and wanted them gone?
Not sure, but can't imagine what they did that was any worse than Brooke's whining and crying every 5 minutes and B-List guest speech at the mat. That ain't cute, but I suspect that behavior has gotten her this far in life without anyone truly checking her on it. At this point they should be gunning for stronger teams not we don't like you teams who finish middle to back of the pack.

It would be interesting if the rules of the double u-turn was changed so that anyone was eligible regardless of check-in order or if you u-turned someone else.

Quote:
Seems like Brook is leading it, eventho she is terrible player.
My theory is she had a problem more with Ashton because in her mind Ashton was the only other "cute" girl left in the race besides her. I've seen many like her. Usually they aren't as cute as they think they are but just comely enough to wear the crown.

Last edited by Lubina; 04-28-2017 at 11:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV