Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 04:59 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Labonte Yer killin me with the BB tease! I'm with ya about Modern Family - I do still get a kick out of Phil and Cam, though. For now. Also read about Gracepoint and nixed it - but thanks for the heads up. Are you saying there will be a third season of Broadchurch? I thought it was over - yippee!
Early next year is what I heard so far as it airing. Supposed to start filming in the next month or two.

The third series will be the final one. They're calling it a 'trilogy' but.. Unless they do something massive in this last part to tie all three together, I think that's a stretch.

Broadchurch season 3 cast, location, premiere date - everything you need to know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 05:26 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
I am so bored of Once Upon A Time I never saw last night's season finale just couldn't be bothered.
Gave up halfway through the season.

Getting tired of: "Grimm," "Mike and Molly" (I know it's ending), loved "Family" until the detective had his thumbs cut off but still want to watch to see how it ends, "Marvel's Special Agents of Shield," and "Big Bang Theory."

Kind of on the fence about "Two Broke Girls." I used to think it was cute but now it seems kind of one just joke over and over again.

I just began watching "Mom" last season and I really like it. Love "Agent Carter" and really bummed it's being canceled. I just got into watching "The Middle," late to the party. Still like "Survivor" been watching since the beginning. I like the new show "The Carmichaels" anything with David Alan Grier is okay by me.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:28 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
I am still excited about my basic cable/premium channel shows. No so much the broadcast shows I like.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:00 AM

243 posts, read 230,047 times
Well The Big Bang Theory was losing it's appeal to me for a while, but this last episode was pretty good, where Leonard's dad meets Sheldon's mother, and...

Game of Thrones, I still love this show, especially after Season 6 Ep. 4. I love the way that ended.

The Blacklist is still going strong, but then you just can't top James Spader.

The Americans I still enjoy very much.

Orphan Black... well I stopped watching it a while back, but I might pick it up again.

House of Cards, I can't wait till this one starts up again.

The Good Wife, I'm sorry, but I just could not keep watching that one. It just got way to Lefty-pooh for me.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:41 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,032 times
I only watch a few shows and there's only a couple that are 'must watch' for me:

Walking Dead - People dump on it all the time and while the writing could be better, I still love the show and especially the characters.

Vikings - really enjoy the show. Love the characters, the storylines and the bloody battles.

Forged in Fire - a competition rather than a regular show where each episode four blacksmiths compete against each other to see who can create the best knives from various materials given to them and when there's two blacksmiths left they have to build a historical weapon as revealed by the host and have it go through various tests to see how their weapons hold up against the abuse. The blacksmith left standing with the best weapon wins $10,000. A really fun and interesting show to watch!

Game of Thrones - only started watching it this season and enjoy it so far. Will have to go back and watch all the other seasons someday.

Shows that I watch that aren't must see right away:

Fear the Walking Dead - I guess I like it more than other people and still enjoy it, but I like TWD much, MUCH more.

Turn - enjoy the show even though its not something that I usually watch right away. Just watch it DVRed or when they reshow the episode later on.

Dancing with the Stars - have watched it for many years now and still enjoy it. Never really watched it when it first came out, but then I saw Julianne Hough on season four and have been hooked ever since. Back then I really cared about who won the trophy, but now I mostly just watch it and enjoy the dancing and usually don't care too much about who wins in the end.

That's about it. Not many other shows on TV that really seem interesting to me these days.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:59 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Tried Wallanderbut didn't get into it - then binged Top of the Lake and that was more my speed. I think partly what grabs me about the mystery series I've been into recently, is that the season follows one or two crimes instead of a new mystery each episode.

Even so - I've started hinterland before I realized the above theory. I'm looking forward to the next episode but also hankering for another one crime series!

Old 05-28-2016, 09:21 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I still love Call the Midwife on PBS. Other than that show there are very few shows that I try and watch every week. I'm enjoying Chicago Med and Chicago Fire, not so much Chicago PD. I still like Mom, bored with The Middle, Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory and Mike and Molly (which is ending none too soon.) Never missed an episode of The Walking Dead until the episode where we were supposed to believe Glen was killed by the horde, wasn't really and the show didn't go back to let us know for a few more weeks. I don't like it when producers pull that kind of crap.

I don't watch any reality shows except the American Ninja Warrior.

Old 05-28-2016, 12:43 PM

1,227 posts, read 2,063,577 times
Doctor who. I am losing interest with Peter Capaldi as the doctor...But I still watch it.

Old 11-02-2016, 02:51 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times
Well...I am gonna add How to get away with murder to my list of dropped shows.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:13 AM

794 posts, read 1,324,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Well...I am gonna add How to get away with murder to my list of dropped shows.
Ugh! I agree. Its really getting ridiculous. It is still on my DVR, but I watch it several days later and FF through a lot of it.

Most of the shows I'm excited about have very long periods of hiatus which drive me crazy - Outlander, Call the Midwife, The Americans.

On network TV, DH and I both really like The Goldbergs and Mom. We usually watch those on the night they are live and are almost always laughing out loud. I also still watch Grey's Anatomy; it has had some low points but it usually keeps my interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV