Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 07:38 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,021,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
I think Toby should have really listened to his parents.
Disagree. I doubt Kate caused the depression. I think we're going to find out that
1- the ex left bc of the depression, the depression wasn't caused by her leaving
2- some of his grand gestures were signs of his manic phase

I think his parents will see that they are totally wrong since Kate isn't abandoning him. Besides, chronic depression is an illness, no one else can cause it.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:41 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,249,462 times
I don't think we are going to find Deja's actions at the end had anything to do with any sort of impropriety on Randall's part.
I'm not sure why the writers have decided to have Deja seemingly reject/rebel against the kindness Randall and Beth have shown toward her but IF they decide to turn Randall in to some sort of "monster" they might as well end the show because the public won't stand for it.

I am curious in the flash forward where Randall and his daughter are discussing the "time to see her", "I'm not ready" exchange if that has to do with an older Deja in prison?

Old 03-14-2018, 07:41 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Disagree. I doubt Kate caused the depression. I think we're going to find out that
1- the ex left bc of the depression, the depression wasn't caused by her leaving
2- some of his grand gestures were signs of his manic phase

I think his parents will see that they are totally wrong since Kate isn't abandoning him. Besides, chronic depression is an illness, no one else can cause it.
I hear you in all of that but I was referring to her neediness and constant reassurance that she needs, not the flash forward of him. Who knows what it could be for him since the writers seem to throw us all off with everything

Old 03-14-2018, 07:43 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
I don't think we are going to find Deja's actions at the end had anything to do with any sort of impropriety on Randall's part.
I'm not sure why the writers have decided to have Deja seemingly reject/rebel against the kindness Randall and Beth have shown toward her but IF they decide to turn Randall in to some sort of "monster" they might as well end the show because the public won't stand for it.

I am curious in the flash forward where Randall and his daughter are discussing the "time to see her", "I'm not ready" exchange if that has to do with an older Deja in prison?
I think Beth has Alzheimer's

Old 03-14-2018, 08:00 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,021,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
I hear you in all of that but I was referring to her neediness and constant reassurance that she needs, not the flash forward of him. Who knows what it could be for him since the writers seem to throw us all off with everything
I think she's the type who will be the rock when necessary. Toby (now) kind of indulges her weak behavior but I think when the s hits the fan, she can get strong fast.

But yeah, they love to mess with our minds so I'm not going to waste too much time trying to predict lol.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:08 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,249,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I think Beth has Alzheimer's
Interesting thought. Is there some "clues" that lead you there?
Obviously my thought was based solely on what we saw Deja do at the end and its certainly not a theory I'd defend. It was just something that popped in my head.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:12 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
Given that this is supposedly 10-15 years in the future, I was thinking something to do with Rebecca. Beth could also be a possibility like someone else mentioned, but I think some other illness like cancer would be more likely than Alzheimers.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:29 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Interesting thought. Is there some "clues" that lead you there?
Obviously my thought was based solely on what we saw Deja do at the end and its certainly not a theory I'd defend. It was just something that popped in my head.
No clues, just something that popped in my head too

Old 03-14-2018, 08:35 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
Quote:
I don't think we are going to find Deja's actions at the end had anything to do with any sort of impropriety on Randall's part. I'm not sure why the writers have decided to have Deja seemingly reject/rebel against the kindness Randall and Beth have shown toward her but IF they decide to turn Randall in to some sort of "monster" they might as well end the show because the public won't stand for it.
I did not mean to suggest that Deja's actions are a reaction to any impropriety on Randall's part. This is happening at the wedding site, isn't it? So when would Randall's actions have been improper? What I meant in saying I'd leave the door open is that they should not expect normal behavior from Deja, up to and including a possible fake rape accusation. And that's all it would be, fake.

Quote:
It looks like ten years from now. Randall's wedding speech voiceover says "ten years from now" just as we see him and Tessa sitting and waiting to see whomever they've come to see.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:05 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Given that this is supposedly 10-15 years in the future, I was thinking something to do with Rebecca. Beth could also be a possibility like someone else mentioned, but I think some other illness like cancer would be more likely than Alzheimers.
What about the other daughter though, the youngest one? We don't see anything about her in future. Maybe something is going on with her.
I hate that we have to wait on this show again!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV