Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 05:37 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Given that this is supposedly 10-15 years in the future, I was thinking something to do with Rebecca. Beth could also be a possibility like someone else mentioned, but I think some other illness like cancer would be more likely than Alzheimers.
Yeah, I don’t think they’d say “you ready to see her?” if it were Alzheimer’s, since that doesn’t come on suddenly. My father has it, and he’s been gradually declining for about 6-7 years now... so unless they hadn’t been in contact with her for that long, they’d already be accustomed to her condition. I guess you could say this is good or bad depending on your perspective, but I/we have time to adjust between every stage of my father’s illness.

My guess (like someone else mentioned) was that Deja is in prison. Just given how they ended it with her act of vandalism and rage, that implied to me that she was about to head down a bad path. I was looking hard for some kind of hint, like prison doors or armed guards, but couldn’t see anything to support my suspicion. We’ll see!

Old 03-16-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
While I agree with you, but since this show is a mind ****, it could have been someone else's black car. I am not going to assume anything. It's such a shame that we have to wait until October to see what happens next.
I absolutely HATE the “mini seasons” we get with so many shows these days... whatever happened to the television seasons going from Sept-June, and only breaking for the holidays and major events (like Super Bowl or Oscars)? Argh.

Quote:
This is the only show that gets my undivided attention. Usually with TV shows, I multi-task and play on my computer while watching them. This is about the only show that I watch with 100 percent of my attention.
Me too! I’m usually playing on my phone/tablet when it starts, and by the end I realize I’ve been sitting up straight (instead of my usual lounging position) and fixated for the whole show... and I only watch via streaming, so don’t even have commercials to break my attention.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:29 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,891,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
My guess (like someone else mentioned) was that Deja is in prison. Just given how they ended it with her act of vandalism and rage, that implied to me that she was about to head down a bad path. I was looking hard for some kind of hint, like prison doors or armed guards, but couldn’t see anything to support my suspicion. We’ll see!
Or, that's what they want us to think, and they're actually planning another bait 'n' switch.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:51 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Yeah, I don’t think they’d say “you ready to see her?” if it were Alzheimer’s, since that doesn’t come on suddenly. My father has it, and he’s been gradually declining for about 6-7 years now... so unless they hadn’t been in contact with her for that long, they’d already be accustomed to her condition. I guess you could say this is good or bad depending on your perspective, but I/we have time to adjust between every stage of my father’s illness.

I'm not sure they'd be that scared and reluctant to see Deja in prison. It seemed worse than that.....

'It's time to go see her'. 'I know, but I am not ready' (or something like that).

Old 03-16-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
first of all this is all hypothetical because A. i don't have a husband and 2. although i looked into foster care about 10 or 11 years ago, went to the county, took the course/classes i ultimately decided that my adopted son who was about 5 or 6 at the time was enough work for single me.

to me it is about optics. it just doesn't look good. this is a teen girl who they don't know that well who has had some issues. closing the door to her bedroom with the adult male just isn't smart. my opinion and of course if you are ever in the situation you can handle it however you want!

and also, shame on you for assuming that i think it is a shame that he might be her adoptive father and wants to take on that role and fill that void for her. this isn't about that. i have an adopted son myself. adopted him when he was 10 months old and he is almost 17 now. thankyouverymuch.
He didn't shut the door. He didn't shut the door. He did NOT shut the door! It went from wide open to open a few FEET.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Or, that's what they want us to think, and they're actually planning another bait 'n' switch.
Of course that’s a possibility with this show, lol. But since we can’t really predict the unpredictable (how’s that for a sentence? ), I’m just gonna speculate based on what they showed us. For now, at least.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:12 PM

Random question, if it hasn’t been discussed yet (not about to skim 200+ pages!): Does anyone else find the background/running music to be annoying? I’m never a fan of constant background music in TV shows, but sometimes you don’t notice it after a while - while on this show, the continuous “pluck pluck” guitar really grates on my nerves sometimes. I love this show, but wish they’d tone down that one aspect of it!

This is mostly a recent thing (maybe within the last 10ish years) it seems, as older dramas I watch/ed usually kept things quiet when the actors were talking. Do they think people can’t focus anymore without background noise?

Old 03-16-2018, 09:14 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,390 times
Quote:
i didn't like how randall goes into deja's bedroom and closed the door. he didn't close it all the way, i don't think. but when he walked in there and started to close the door i was like "NOOOOO" that's creepy. this girl is feeling insecure and distrusting of adults. no man should be going into her bedroom and closing the door. just IMHO.
Quote:
i'm not talking about randall wanting to "talk to his daughter" or that she trusts him. that's all good obviously.

if you can't see how it might not be a good idea for a new man (he is NOT her dad or her adoptive father) in a teen girls life who has been through the foster system to go into her bedroom and close the door then i don't think i can say any more to convince you. (yes, he didn't close the door all the way and i said that, i'm more talking about to completely close the door anyway).

he is not her adoptive father yet. this is all still new for all of them. i would just err on the side of caution. it's just too soon to me. but again, it is all hypothetical and we are talking about a tv show here and i am just giving my opinion if this were a real life situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
He didn't shut the door. He didn't shut the door. He did NOT shut the door! It went from wide open to open a few FEET.
i have said twice now that he didn't close the door all the way. i was more talking about not closing the door at all, even as much as he did, in addition to not closing it all the way. then the conversation went to what is wrong with him closing the door.

to me it should remain completely open. or better yet, they can have their conversation somewhere besides the bedroom. but i'm not the only one who was mentioning him "closing the door". yes i get it...HE DIDN'T CLOSE THE DOOR ALL THE WAY. i shouldn't have said he "closed the door" at all. i didn't mean that he closed it all the way. ok?

just to clear that up.

but really...i am done with this topic. no more door closing talk for me.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I'm not sure they'd be that scared and reluctant to see Deja in prison. It seemed worse than that.....

'It's time to go see her'. 'I know, but I am not ready' (or something like that).
Sooo, maybe they’re at the “viewing” or ICU for another character? Could be Beth, Deja, or Rebecca? I suppose it could even be Annie, G-d forbid, since they’ve only shown Tess in the flash-forwards so far. But if that were the case, I’m guessing Beth would have been sitting there with her family too. Hmmm.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Sooo, maybe they’re at the “viewing” or ICU for another character? Could be Beth, Deja, or Rebecca? I suppose it could even be Annie, G-d forbid, since they’ve only shown Tess in the flash-forwards so far. But if that were the case, I’m guessing Beth would have been sitting there with her family too. Hmmm.
IDK. Of course they want us to wonder. I can't think of a scenario in my life that would spark a convo like that.

Anyway, they have us right where they want us, the meanies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV