Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2018, 10:23 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
They didn't show her dumping out the ashes but it was implied that she did. She said something like "it's time for me to make space for Toby" or something along those lines and they never showed her actually doing it
Which, given this set of writers, makes me suspicious. Why not show her casting the ashes in the wind?

Old 03-17-2018, 10:43 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
They didn't show her dumping out the ashes but it was implied that she did. She said something like "it's time for me to make space for Toby"
I am hoping she literally "made space for Toby" in the urn of ashes.
Toby can die next season and she has room to put his ashes in the urn.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:45 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Which, given this set of writers, makes me suspicious. Why not show her casting the ashes in the wind?
I know what you're saying, I think the same thing

Old 03-17-2018, 11:47 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Oh my!
I think someone dies but no clue who and they will drag it out forever, like 2 more seasons or so

Old 03-17-2018, 11:51 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Like they said in "Jaws", "We're going to need a bigger urn."

Old 03-17-2018, 01:23 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,232,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Sometimes a rose is just a rose...

They cut it because they thought it was more powerful if not shown. From an interview with co-showrunner Elizabeth Berger:

TVLINE | Is there anything that you really wanted in the wedding episode that didn’t make it in?
Ooh, interesting. One of the things that we chose to do in editing, which was a surprise to us, was not show Kate spreading the ashes. It was something that we always thought we’d include, but when we got into the edit bay, we realized that it was more powerful offscreen to us, that it was the journey of getting to that emotional place that we cared about more than seeing the physical act of doing it. So that was an instance where we imagined it one way and you get in there and you decide, “I think it’s better this way.”

TVLINE | I was wondering: Did she spread all the ashes? Did she save any?

In our minds, she did. She felt like it was time.

Full interview here:

‘This Is Us’ Finale Recap — Season 2: Flash forwards and Time Jumps | TVLine

Old 03-17-2018, 01:35 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Sometimes a rose is just a rose...

They cut it because they thought it was more powerful if not shown. From an interview with co-showrunner Elizabeth Berger:

TVLINE | Is there anything that you really wanted in the wedding episode that didn’t make it in?
Ooh, interesting. One of the things that we chose to do in editing, which was a surprise to us, was not show Kate spreading the ashes. It was something that we always thought we’d include, but when we got into the edit bay, we realized that it was more powerful offscreen to us, that it was the journey of getting to that emotional place that we cared about more than seeing the physical act of doing it. So that was an instance where we imagined it one way and you get in there and you decide, “I think it’s better this way.”

Full interview here:

‘This Is Us’ Finale Recap — Season 2: Flash forwards and Time Jumps | TVLine
Yes, and if they hadn't deceived us before, with, for example, that setup in which we were led to believe that Jack killed himself while drunk driving, I might feel more inclined to take these people at face value. But they did. So I don't.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:38 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post

I thought Kate said something about giving up a little of her dad when she was sitting on the tree stump.
That made me think she only spread some of his ashes.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:09 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
My thoughts immediately went to Beth - either that her health was failing, or God forbid, they were talking about her gravesite.
Hmmm. That didn't occur to me.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:11 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yeah, I don’t think they’d say “you ready to see her?” if it were Alzheimer’s, since that doesn’t come on suddenly. My father has it, and he’s been gradually declining for about 6-7 years now... so unless they hadn’t been in contact with her for that long, they’d already be accustomed to her condition. I guess you could say this is good or bad depending on your perspective, but I/we have time to adjust between every stage of my father’s illness.

My guess (like someone else mentioned) was that Deja is in prison. Just given how they ended it with her act of vandalism and rage, that implied to me that she was about to head down a bad path. I was looking hard for some kind of hint, like prison doors or armed guards, but couldn’t see anything to support my suspicion. We’ll see!
I wonder if Beth has a full blown nervous breakdown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV