Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2019, 01:04 PM

1,474 posts, read 1,219,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Randal said how he really feels about what Beth considers important, and that will be hard to recover from.

Why can't some of Randal's work be done from home? The desk type things..
Logistically Beth could teach some on the weekends, but now there are bigger issues than
scheduling.

I think Kevin still loves Sophia. If her engagement ends Kevin will be torn..

Totally agree with this!

Old 03-20-2019, 03:51 PM

6,452 posts, read 6,606,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You know what, I think Randall is so buttoned up most of the time, that he should be able to vent sometimes. His wife has no trouble dumping on him whenever she feels like it. I think Randall was right to be angry.
I agree that Randall has every right to be angry. Though it's wrong in general to assume, he of course assumed Beth just stood him up, after she made it clear she didn't really want to attend that dinner. She has not been supportive of his new job because she is so focused on herself. In a family, both parents can't always follow their dream at the same time. Beth had her high-powered job for a while, and if I remember correctly Randall was a stay at home dad then, right? Now it's Randall's turn to shine, and to do a job he is passionate about.

Now, his choice of words ("housewives twirling ahout") was horrible and hurtful, and that will be hard to recover from. But I think Beth is being ridiculous and unrealistic to insist that RIGHT NOW, after she was the career woman for a while, now that Randall is an elected official (which she supported until right before the election, rather late for him to pull out) , when 3 kids need someone to care for them (which her ballet teaching income won't cover), that THIS is the time she has to have her "hobby job." She is being selfish.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:56 PM

21,108 posts, read 13,414,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I agree that Randall has every right to be angry. Though it's wrong in general to assume, he of course assumed Beth just stood him up, after she made it clear she didn't really want to attend that dinner. She has not been supportive of his new job because she is so focused on herself. In a family, both parents can't always follow their dream at the same time. Beth had her high-powered job for a while, and if I remember correctly Randall was a stay at home dad then, right? Now it's Randall's turn to shine, and to do a job he is passionate about.

Now, his choice of words ("housewives twirling ahout") was horrible and hurtful, and that will be hard to recover from. But I think Beth is being ridiculous and unrealistic to insist that RIGHT NOW, after she was the career woman for a while, now that Randall is an elected official (which she supported until right before the election, rather late for him to pull out) , when 3 kids need someone to care for them (which her ballet teaching income won't cover), that THIS is the time she has to have her "hobby job." She is being selfish.
That wasn't to follow any dream of hers. That was so Randall could quit his job and do nothing for a while. When he talked about how awful that job was, she said you think my job is MY dream? She was just paying the bills so he could have his mid-life crisis. Which he 'deserved' after all that happened, I'm just saying that wasn't him sacrificing for her.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:06 PM

11,755 posts, read 11,943,473 times
I'm so annoyed at both of them because it feels like they're both caught up in chasing their own dreams and desires at the expense of the three kids. Selfish.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:23 PM

8,583 posts, read 15,950,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I'm so annoyed at both of them because it feels like they're both caught up in chasing their own dreams and desires at the expense of the three kids. Selfish.
So true, the kids are the ones that get shortchanged when parents over extend themselves.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:27 PM

11,755 posts, read 11,943,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
So true, the kids are the ones that get shortchanged when parents over extend themselves.
Especially with a foster daughter in the mix too. It didn't seem that long ago that they were trying to make her part of the family and she was having a tough time of it. Now it's like they dont even have any responsibilities as parents.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:35 PM

8,583 posts, read 15,950,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Especially with a foster daughter in the mix too. It didn't seem that long ago that they were trying to make her part of the family and she was having a tough time of it. Now it's like they dont even have any responsibilities as parents.
Exactly. Beth even wanted Randal to quit the campaign because the kids all needed more attention.
As I mom I would do whatever I needed to to help them though the teen years. In a few years when they
leave for college she would have plenty of time to do her dance thing.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:58 PM

2,606 posts, read 2,684,528 times
But she put her dancing dream on hold after her father died and her mom told her to be realistic. Then years went by and that fire is rekindled. It's not fair to ask her to let her passion take a backseat, when she always did what was best logically. Randle on the other hand went ahead is always going after one passionate project to next whether it makes sense or not. But yes she could cut it down AMD he should bring more work home and they should get kids to help more around the house, like laundry and hire help at home and maybe even move someplace closer so the commute isnt crazy. Yes kids will be shifted from school but they will adjust

Old 03-21-2019, 12:36 AM

5,586 posts, read 8,348,131 times
If Beth's phone wasn't really dead (because we know she heard his message), why didn't she answer his multiple calls?

Old 03-21-2019, 12:47 AM

15,546 posts, read 11,917,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
If Beth's phone wasn't really dead (because we know she heard his message), why didn't she answer his multiple calls?
I was confused about that too. When did she listen to the message? It wasn't during the dinner party because she was acting cold towards Randal from the moment she showed up.

Was she trying to squeeze in both drinks and dinner and made up the excuse? Or maybe she was standing Randall up, heard the message, and then decided to rush over to the dinner just so she could throw it all in Randal's face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV