Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 12:09 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,021,349 times

Advertisements

Does anyone think the writers boxed themselves in regarding Jack's future? I don't know if they had any clue how much of a hit it would be and I wonder if they regret it? Even if they had pushed it back 10 years to allow scenes with the current actors that aren't hallucinations. I hope that Randall's bio dad gets a miracle.
Toby needs to go. The patch of hair on his head is so ick.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:17 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,403,838 times
Oh come ON!!! Kate is 400 lbs., has no self-confidence and is miserable with herself, yet she attracts not one, but TWO not-bad-looking guys all in the space of a couple months...?

Also, the bypass surgery was being scheduled for February and we know Toby has his heart attack at Christmas. And the Adirondacks are COLD and snowy at that time. So it didn't make sense that it was all warm and leafy green, both in the Adirondacks and wherever it is that William is driving the Mercedes around. And William said he was a kid in Memphis, yet he was a young man in Pittsburgh and then an old man in Philly. He gets around.

So I was in tears at the funeral scenes. Wonder if we're close to actually finding out what happens.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Does anyone think the writers boxed themselves in regarding Jack's future? I don't know if they had any clue how much of a hit it would be and I wonder if they regret it? Even if they had pushed it back 10 years to allow scenes with the current actors that aren't hallucinations. I hope that Randall's bio dad gets a miracle.
Toby needs to go. The patch of hair on his head is so ick.
Right, wondering about that too. I mean, how many flashbacks with him are they going to be able to do? And yet he's a hugely popular character...

Old 01-25-2017, 04:32 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,249,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Right, wondering about that too. I mean, how many flashbacks with him are they going to be able to do? And yet he's a hugely popular character...
We have known "all along" he was dead. The funeral snip-it we saw was a flashback Kate was having from the fattie camp stick banging workout. In her flashback we only saw side views of the kids who looked older. To me older as in 20 plus. But it was a very brief side-view we got. So I think they can keep on doing what they have been doing for awhile.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:38 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,426,646 times
I generally haven't liked Kevin's character or story line, but I like the direction they took it with him last night. I really like how it tied into their childhood and also effected Kate, who is so close with Kevin. Still not a fan of Toby, though. I still think he's just got a brash, abrasive personality. Also think the other guy at the camp coming on to her was pretty unrealistic. Not because of her weight, but by just how forward he was.

It looks like the kids were teenagers during the funeral scenes. The picture of Jack at the memorial was also of a pretty young man. I still think there are plenty of ways they can keep his character going in flashbacks.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:51 AM

3,829 posts, read 6,731,744 times
I also felt the kids were teenagers.
They wrote Jack this way. They had to have a plan before the set up his death. The way the flashbacks work, I feel they can go on indefinitely and include Jack in storylines. It is William's character that is boxed into a corner.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:43 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
We have known "all along" he was dead. The funeral snip-it we saw was a flashback Kate was having from the fattie camp stick banging workout. In her flashback we only saw side views of the kids who looked older. To me older as in 20 plus. But it was a very brief side-view we got. So I think they can keep on doing what they have been doing for awhile.
When Kevin and Olivia "crashed" that funeral and Kevin was talking to the deceased man's wife, I thought he mentioned he was 15 when Jack died?

Or I could be completely wrong lol

Old 01-25-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I also felt the kids were teenagers.
They wrote Jack this way. They had to have a plan before the set up his death. The way the flashbacks work, I feel they can go on indefinitely and include Jack in storylines. It is William's character that is boxed into a corner.
I can jump on board with this

Old 01-25-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
When Kevin and Olivia "crashed" that funeral and Kevin was talking to the deceased man's wife, I thought he mentioned he was 15 when Jack died?

Or I could be completely wrong lol
I don't remember that but the side view of Kevin looked like his teenaged version. So if they were 15, we've got five more years of flashback material.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:00 AM

The other thing is I don't think these flashbacks are progressing entirely chronologically. So just because we saw a 10th birthday doesn't take any pre-10 flashbacks off the table. At least I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV