Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 10:01 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,143,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Oh come ON!!! Kate is 400 lbs., has no self-confidence and is miserable with herself, yet she attracts not one, but TWO not-bad-looking guys all in the space of a couple months...?

I don't think she necessarily "attracted" the guy at the weight camp. He just came across as one of those creepy, jerky guys that probably hits on any woman he sees.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:44 AM

3,829 posts, read 6,730,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
The other thing is I don't think these flashbacks are progressing entirely chronologically. So just because we saw a 10th birthday doesn't take any pre-10 flashbacks off the table. At least I don't think so.
I agree. We flashback to the three kids around 8/9/10 a lot, but they go back to infancy and other times, too. Next week looks to be Jack and Rebecca's wedding.
By not keeping it chronological they have allowed Jack to continue without an end date.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:22 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,020,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I also felt the kids were teenagers.
They wrote Jack this way. They had to have a plan before the set up his death. The way the flashbacks work, I feel they can go on indefinitely and include Jack in storylines. It is William's character that is boxed into a corner.
See, I feel like he has options. I've known quite a few people who are "months from death" but are still around 10-20+ years later. There's also some proof that having a reason to live helps a lot. I can see a "miraculous remission" buying him a few years.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:23 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,020,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
When Kevin and Olivia "crashed" that funeral and Kevin was talking to the deceased man's wife, I thought he mentioned he was 15 when Jack died?

Or I could be completely wrong lol
They definitely looked like teenagers in the cemetery scene.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:36 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
But he is overweight too, so it's not a big mystery that he doesn't care if she is.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:14 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,103,476 times
I liked this episode better than last week's. There were some heartwarming story lines. I liked Randall's interaction with William. I expected him to be impatient, as William occupied his entire afternoon, but he showed just the opposite. You can tell that he learned a lot from Jack growing up. He has many of Jack's character traits.

It is good to see that Kevin is finally starting to grow up a bit. It seems like it is only happening as women he cares about (okay, maybe he doesn't care that much about them) set limits with him. Both Sloan, and his ex did it. I don't think he is used to that.

I was taken aback a little by the guy at the weight loss camp who came on to Kate. That seemed to come out of left field. We don't really know much about that relationship, so I will reserve judgement until next week. I did like how he challenged her to go back and deal with her issues. I think I wanted the writers to leave everything right there, but like I said, I'll reserve judgement.

The birthday party idea didn't work that well for me, unless the intent was to show how Kate was care taking even at a very young age. It seems like Kevin was the only one who really benefited from the three different parties.

I just thought this episode was well written, and had some nice story lines. I like that everything wasn't resolved in this one episode. I gives me a reason to want to come back next week to see what else happens.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:31 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
See, I feel like he has options. I've known quite a few people who are "months from death" but are still around 10-20+ years later. There's also some proof that having a reason to live helps a lot. I can see a "miraculous remission" buying him a few years.
I thought he wanted to quit the chemo, so that part didn't make sense to me. But it was funny how he just did not give a poop what Randall needed to do that day. He had an agenda. and after a while, finally, Randall caved and enjoyed it. That was sweet.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:29 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I thought he wanted to quit the chemo, so that part didn't make sense to me. But it was funny how he just did not give a poop what Randall needed to do that day. He had an agenda. and after a while, finally, Randall caved and enjoyed it. That was sweet.
I felt sorry for Randall, and yet, he put aside his own life for his father....and William has felt so utterly miserable for so long, that to feel this good, put him in an almost euphoria, if you can understand that, even though he probably still had aches and pains, but didn't notice them.

Also, when a person is dying, sometimes, they bounce back for a short time, and it seems like everything is going to change and get better...then all of sudden, boom, they're gone.

So, William didn't know what Randall's plans were how could he, he probably assumed it was just a normal day at work for Randall....had he known what was on Randall's plate, I'm sure he wouldn't have done what he did. William is a very considerate, caring person....it's just that b/c he is dying, he wanted to share that feel goodness he now hasn't felt in probably years, with his son.

and yes, it was very sweet, had it worked the other way around, and when William Died, Randall would have probably never forgiven himself....

I don't believe anything is as important as stopping everything or putting our own live's aside for a loved one...

One thought, I'd like to share....I think Jack's goodness and loyalty comes thru all his children, but mostly inherited by Randall....he inherited his father's goodness.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:41 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,248,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmills View Post
The birthday party idea didn't work that well for me, unless the intent was to show how Kate was care taking even at a very young age. It seems like Kevin was the only one who really benefited from the three different parties.
Another key from the birthday party was to put some perspective on the woman Kevin went to see after Toby gave him the epiphany. The ex-wife he loved as early as 10 years old.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:10 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,103,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
Another key from the birthday party was to put some perspective on the woman Kevin went to see after Toby gave him the epiphany. The ex-wife he loved as early as 10 years old.
Yes, that 's what I meant. Remember Sophie (I couldn't remember her name yesterday) was actually akate's best friend. Doing the three birthday parties didn't make sense, because a Kevin and her would have gotten to spend time together anyway if they'd done it the way they always did. Doing it seperatexmade that less likely.

Now that that think about it, the party gave you insight into all three of their personalities. They all gave a glimpse of who they are today. Randall was/is grounded. He didn't care that he didn't have a whole bunch f acquaintenwnces at his party. Kevin was/is the "center of attention." His needs always come first, and he can be oblivious of the needs of others. Remember, it was HIS idea to do the seperatexparties (if I remember correctly), and look who benefited. Kate and Randall certainly didn't. Kate was/is a care taker, always putting other's needs before her own. Hmm, it was more moortant than I thought last night.

This was one of the better episodes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV