Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 09:55 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
People aren't just " big". Kate was fat before the kids started picking in her, and before her father died. Why?
Of course people are just "big"...often times it's because of medical issues such as thyroids but we don't know that yet if Kate's size was from thyroid or medical issues. We also don't know how big she was as a teenager up until Jack died. We know how she looked up until 10 yrs old and now as an adult.

I don't think anyone can answer "why". We never know what's inside a person's head.

Yes, she was fat before they picked on her but the fact that they threw in her face that they wouldn't be friends with her BECAUSE of it, that's going to affect her self esteem. All the girls joining Kevin's party--another slap in the face. Single pretty much her whole life until Toby and like I said, I think Jack was more loving and nurturing than Rebecca.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:01 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Issues don't always stem from the home environment. Remember when they went to the pool and the girls gave Kate a note saying they didn't want to be friends with her because she was fat? That was HARSH. To me, Jack is more loving and nurturing than Rebecca and I think maybe, just a little bit, that Kate resents her mother (the argument they had when they were going to Rebecca's house). I remember when she looked at the tag in Rebecca's shirt and she seemed sad. I almost feel like Rebecca was kinda condescending with Kate sometimes instead of nurturing (but that's just me). Also seems Rebecca focused more on the boys. Kate had a very close relationship with Jack and it seems she has never gotten over his death. I always sensed that Jack was Kate's biggest fan and Randall's too. Part of her obesity is from eating but she was always big. Why people eat their problems is unknown, even to that person. Maybe it's comfort. Maybe it's a way of "forgetting".

I'm curious to see too what will happen with Randall's project. I think William coming into Randall's life has shown Randall that sometimes you need to stop and smell the roses and live each day as though it's your last.
Remember when Kate and Rebecca were in the car driving back from the Doctor's appointment and Rebecca asked, "Did I do this"? And Kate replied in tears, "I don't know".

Old 01-27-2017, 12:15 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Remember when Kate and Rebecca were in the car driving back from the Doctor's appointment and Rebecca asked, "Did I do this"? And Kate replied in tears, "I don't know".
Yes! I couldn't remember the conversation exactly...thank you! I think that Kate knows if Rebecca is part, if not all, the reason why but Kate didn't want to say that to her mother.

Not all children have the same relationship with their parents. Father/daughter and mother/son aren't always equal.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:24 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I enjoyed the last episode. I am puzzled by Kate's "issues". Why would she have self esteem issues when she was raised so lovingly, just as her brothers were? Plenty of people were raised in less functional homes, but do not eat their problems.
I think it's pretty fishy that Kate gets a second hotty hitting on her. Come on people, I don't even know how someone that fat has sex.
I wonder what will happen with Randall's work project, since he blew off the whole day with his father. Will the weasel in his office beat him out, and if so, will he care?
You think he's hot? He's fat too. And he's a dick. He said so himself. The way he's hitting on her is even dickish. modcutNothing more. No romance, no I like you, nothing.

Last edited by Beretta; 01-29-2017 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: inappropriate language

Old 01-27-2017, 03:58 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
One thing I liked was that when they were babies, all three had different high chairs. All probably from garage sales or hand me downs. Which is exactly how a young couple with three babies world have handled it back then. Can you see different high chairs for triplets today? No. They would go into debt to have matching high chairs.

One thing I didn't like was seeing little 10-year-old Kevin in a wife beater undershirt. Yuck. Not realistic at all.

And no I don't think too many men would have found Kate "sexy" or put the moves on her. I'm not saying overweight women and men can't be attractive or desirable. Just that Kate is extremely obese and I doubt most men would find her attractive. Even extremely obese men wouldn't. (and I'm overweight myself)

Old 01-27-2017, 04:36 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

And no I don't think too many men would have found Kate "sexy" or put the moves on her. I'm not saying overweight women and men can't be attractive or desirable. Just that Kate is extremely obese and I doubt most men would find her attractive. Even extremely obese men wouldn't. (and I'm overweight myself)
They would have had to at least talk to her to determine that her personality was worth the effort to get to know her more.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:51 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
One thing I didn't like was seeing little 10-year-old Kevin in a wife beater undershirt. Yuck. Not realistic at all.
Huh? They sell undershirts for little boys, what is "yuck" about that? I don't see how its unrealistic. Maybe that's the type of undershirt that Jack wears, so his sons copy him.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:57 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
jencam You think he's hot? He's fat too. And he's a dick. He said so himself. The way he's hitting on her is even dickish. He's saying 'we're going to modcut

I'm sitting here belly laughing....

yes he is

Last edited by Beretta; 01-29-2017 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: quoted post edited

Old 01-27-2017, 05:02 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm sitting here belly laughing....

yes he is
OK, physically he is good-looking, but not hot. He's too overweight to be hot. And for me, personality matters. I would smack him and never speak to him again the way he is with her. It's very domineering and I don't like that.

The way he talks to her is like something out of a Law and Order SVU episode. Or Criminal Minds. Like he's going to rape or kidnap her! ugh

Old 01-28-2017, 01:13 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
Hey folks, I'm the one who brought up the comment about storyline with Kate and the guys. I am NOT saying some men are not attracted to obese women, or that Kate is not deserving of a guy's attention, or that overweight people are undesirable. What I meant was that the woman has been without a relationship for a long time (as far as we know) and is not exuding self-confidence. We all know how hard it is out here in the real world for ANY of us to find a good man, let alone somebody who is not just overweight but morbidly obese. So for her to have attracted TWO good-looking guys (I don't think I originally said they were "hotties") within a couple months does seem a little implausible. After all, she just met Toby right before Christmas and already he wants to marry her. Now the new guy at fat camp, having seen her for all of two seconds, makes a move on her. A little bit of a stretch, is all.

That said, I myself am attracted to the beefier men. I wouldn't have a problem, looks-wise, with the horse guy...I like the big football type. As far as his personality goes, at first I thought he just had a cocky self-confidence, but later he did just reveal himself to be a dick, and a creepy one at that. I wonder if this is a pattern of abuse with him and the vulnerable women at the camp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV