Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 01:07 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,246,940 times

Advertisements

I think a simplistic answer is there are only about 22 episodes in a season but 52 weeks of that time slot. So over a year they have 30 nights that can't be an original episode of the show in question. How they decide when to plug in one of there "30" is a mystery.

Old 01-31-2017, 01:19 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
I think a simplistic answer is there are only about 22 episodes in a season but 52 weeks of that time slot. So over a year they have 30 nights that can't be an original episode of the show in question. How they decide when to plug in one of there "30" is a mystery.
Well, the show doesn't have that time slot for the entire year. Typically, an entire season is shown, then another show picks up the slot for the other half of the year. There's sometimes a mid-season break where they show reruns (like ABC likes to do with the Thursday night lineup, for example), but it's usually in the neighborhood of 4-6 weeks. When there are single rerun weeks, it's usually because of some other event either on that network or on another network that they don't want to go up against (Election season party conventions, Olympics, World Series, etc). It just seems odd to have one random rerun.

Old 01-31-2017, 02:04 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,246,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Well, the show doesn't have that time slot for the entire year. .
I didn't say they did. But the network does. And when they only have 22 episodes of "This Is Us" they have 30 more things to fill in that slot. And there won't always be a logical answer to how they fill in. That's my point.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:05 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
In the Midwest it isn't even showing a repeat some dumb game show doing back to back episodes. Netflix here I come.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:23 PM

5,587 posts, read 8,398,368 times
Quote:
Well, the show doesn't have that time slot for the entire year. Typically, an entire season is shown, then another show picks up the slot for the other half of the year. There's sometimes a mid-season break where they show reruns (like ABC likes to do with the Thursday night lineup, for example), but it's usually in the neighborhood of 4-6 weeks. When there are single rerun weeks, it's usually because of some other event either on that network or on another network that they don't want to go up against (Election season party conventions, Olympics, World Series, etc). It just seems odd to have one random rerun.
Yes, it IS weird! It is so rare to see a re-run these days -- remember when summers would be all reruns? Anyway, I was REALLY disappointed.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:44 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
In the Midwest it isn't even showing a repeat some dumb game show doing back to back episodes. Netflix here I come.
They had the game show here in FL but then after that was over, they had This Is Us on - meanwhile I taped the game show (not realizing), luckily I realized and was able to watch almost all of it live but just after the game show. Not sure why they didn't just delay the show 15-20 minutes or however long the news conference was rather than put the game show on but it basically worked out in the end, I just could have done w/o taping the game show, lol

Old 02-01-2017, 02:20 PM

711 posts, read 687,885 times
Quote:
Yep. The networks also seem to have a habit of taking a very successful show and moving it to use as either a lead in or close of a couple other new shows the network is trying out.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:31 PM

465 posts, read 303,574 times
I'm trying not to read all this thread but just discovered this show today.

I loved the twist even though I was partially paying attention and didn't connect the dots until the second episode when the actor brother contacted the adopted one at the party. I love the overweight couple. I also love some of the cameos so far; late Alan Thicke, McRaney, Katey Segal.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:53 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
I'm trying not to read all this thread but just discovered this show today.

I loved the twist even though I was partially paying attention and didn't connect the dots until the second episode when the actor brother contacted the adopted one at the party. I love the overweight couple. I also love some of the cameos so far; late Alan Thicke, McRaney, Katey Segal.
when I partially pay attention, I have to watch again, b/c so much is missed...but agree with you on the cameos here....

the very first show hooked it's teeth into me, and wouldn't let go.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:07 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,407,499 times
Yes, I think she said something to the effect of 'we own you ... you will not work anywhere in television if you break this contract ... ' stuff to that effect. I think it's why Kevin went the Broadway route.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV