Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2017, 01:23 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,104,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I don't know why they have to show Jack with greasy hair all the time either. But other than that, I think he is just adorable.

Someone mentioned they thought Randall's mother died in childbirth? I thought she OD'd? Or maybe I thought that because she was on drugs prior to giving birth?

I am thinking Randall might have the beginning of Parkinson's, which would be awful. I found it unrealistic that he would go to the chess thing instead of dinner with the big client -- I know how the corporate rat-race is, and especially if he's wanting to close this deal himself.

Seriously, Rebecca has three teenaged kids, her husband works 10-12-hour days, and thinks she can go on tour with the band?

Realistically, Kate would not be going to the door of Cabin #13 just to tell the guy off; she'd be staying as far away as possible. So maybe she IS going to cave.
Yes, even without having seen the fat-suit story about Toby, I thought to myself that his paunch looked a little out of proportion to the rest of his body.

The storyline between Kevin and his ex-wife is not something I really care about, I think because they just sprung it on us with no inkling whatsoever that he had ever been married.
Notice the parallel between Rebecca being propositioned by her ex, and Kate being propositioned by Duke. Wonder how these story lines will track - especially given Rebecca and Kate's strained relationship.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:08 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
What I found completely unbelievable is someone as obese as Kate has not one, but two men who are interested in her. Yes, she has a pretty face but besides being seriously overweight her personality sucks also. In real life are men attracted to women who are 400+ pounds?

I think Randall should let Sanjay pick up some of his workload. He has family that needs him now and it's time for him to put his job on the back burner for a little while. Even his boss seemed to understand that. I don't think he is going to be fired do you guys?

I love Randall's wife and his father. Those are my two favorites along with Randall himself and Jack. Hope Randall's shakes are just from stress and not indicative of anything more serious. If Randall was killed off I would seriously stop watching.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:55 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,278,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
What I found completely unbelievable is someone as obese as Kate has not one, but two men who are interested in her. Yes, she has a pretty face but besides being seriously overweight her personality sucks also. In real life are men attracted to women who are 400+ pounds?

I think Randall should let Sanjay pick up some of his workload. He has family that needs him now and it's time for him to put his job on the back burner for a little while. Even his boss seemed to understand that. I don't think he is going to be fired do you guys?

I love Randall's wife and his father. Those are my two favorites along with Randall himself and Jack. Hope Randall's shakes are just from stress and not indicative of anything more serious. If Randall was killed off I would seriously stop watching.
What?

Have you ever walked around and observed people? There are all types of couples walking around, including people who weigh 400 pounds.

In corporate America, there is no such thing as 'helping' someone. Sanjay is out for his job.

Randall needs to file FMLA so that he can take care of his dad. He may fall under the key employee clause though. If so, he's screwed.

Randall may have a treatable illness. Killing him off is a huge leap.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:54 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
What?

Have you ever walked around and observed people? There are all types of couples walking around, including people who weigh 400 pounds.

Yes there are but two guys, who aren't that big and they both are after Kate, who besides her weight has a crummy personality? It would be different if she was a great person. I just find it a little far fetched. But then again it's not a documentary.

In corporate America, there is no such thing as 'helping' someone. Sanjay is out for his job.

Sanjay may want his job but doesn't his immediate supervisor have some say in this? I got the impression that his boss wants to lighten Randall's load right now.

Randall needs to file FMLA so that he can take care of his dad. He may fall under the key employee clause though. If so, he's screwed. I wasn't aware that the FMLA didn't apply to key employees. See you learn something new every day. :-)

Randall may have a treatable illness. Killing him off is a huge leap.

Hoping it's just stress. He's the only truly likeable one of the three siblings.

Old 02-11-2017, 04:08 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I don't know why they have to show Jack with greasy hair all the time either. But other than that, I think he is just adorable.

When you look at his hair just remember some hairdresser is being paid a lot of money to make his hair look greasy with some fru fru hair products. Thus keeping folks employed.

The storyline between Kevin and his ex-wife is not something I really care about, I think because they just sprung it on us with no inkling whatsoever that he had ever been married.
It seemed to us the writers forgot to write Kevin a continuing storyline. From the beginning to now all his storylines have jumped all over the place without any common factors of continuity. (other than he's an actor)

Old 02-11-2017, 04:44 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I definitely don't see Jack as controlling either. I just wish he'd wash his damn hair. I mean, not even on his wedding day?! LOL!
I know. What is going on there? I LOVE Jack, but ew.

Old 02-11-2017, 04:49 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:

IDK why you keep saying this over and over. She has one man who loves her, which is not unrealistic, and then a complete prick, who we suspected, and now it's confirmed, is after her as 'easy pickings'.

As far as his job, he really can't afford to get TOO behind. Bosses in that world (hardly any world) don't actually 'understand' anything like that enough for it not to affect career. Going to the chess thing instead of that client dinner was a step too far.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:11 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
IDK why you keep saying this over and over. She has one man who loves her, which is not unrealistic, and then a complete prick, who we suspected, and now it's confirmed, is after her as 'easy pickings'.
Chiluvr1228: I don't know why this bothers you so much, but in my family it's a happy, loving things that we all embrace.....

My son is 5'6", about 150 lbs. His wife is 5'5" and about 460 lbs. They are probably the same age as Kate and Toby. They are happy as clams and love each other and their life, very much. They've been married 7 years.

My sil and her husband will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary in April. They met in elememtary school, and in high school, it became love. They went on to college and after graduation they got married. She is about 480 lbs, he's probably 300 lbs. There are many couples in which the man is slimmer and the woman is very heavy. I suspect it's a lot more common than you've seen. All four of these people are warm, loving, kind, funny people and they have lots of friends to share their lives. From my experience, it's not at all unbelievable that someone as obese as Kate has two suitors. I'm so glad thee people have found love!

Old 02-15-2017, 05:42 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
I liked last night's episode. I really feel for Randall. I think his issues are all stress-related. He's basically having a breakdown. I like that Kevin went to be with him, but generally speaking, I hate Kevin's character. I just don't like the way he constantly freaks out about little things. We all get nervous, but he seems to be the only one who can't handle it. Randall has real problems. Being nervous about a play or stressed because you're sleeping with 2 different women is not a real problem.

I generally haven't been a fan of Kate and Toby (Toby still comes off as obnoxious and crass to me). But they didn't bother me that much this time. It's the first time I felt like they were actually connecting.

My prediction? Jack gets drunk on Valentine's Day (he starting drinking at the restaurant after his fight with Rebecca) and dies in a drunk driving accident on V-Day. Looks like William may pass away in the next episode or two, which is sad, because I really like his character. Looks like Randall takes some time off and they get away for a while and make up for lost time.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:22 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,249,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Looks like William may pass away in the next episode or two, which is sad, because I really like his character.
Ya it looks like he doesn't have long left.
If this was a Shonda Rhimes production season one would end with Randell walking in to William's bedroom and finding him "dead????" as the credits roll.
Then my wife and I look at each other and say "we gotta wait till September?"

I was not moved by Kevin rushing to Randell's side. Any emotional connection was lost because he walked out on ATT Girls big moment as she entered the stage. Not a cool move. Especially since he is essentially a narcissist and didn't have any absolute confirmation Randell was in distress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV