Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2016, 12:20 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,452,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
That was my first thought. However, perhaps the idea was to allow each group to personally bond initially within their generational group as preparation for a "clash of of the generations" phase of the competition which we are now entering.
And I am confident that they would present/defend it in just those terms--and not without some fair rationale. But I think at heart, like most of these reality show producers, they do not think their show can create enough interest without meddling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 12:48 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,858,764 times
Well Dave definitely proved he's no TV mastermind. lol A very short term gain that seems doomed. A mix-up might help him I guess. He did already tell the others he'd flip no problem. But I dunno, giving up an idol for someone no one wants there isn't super swift - not at this point in the game anyway. Maybe the one we never hear from is the wildcard. I have no idea what her name is. Sunday? (someone wrote it above but I honestly couldn't tell you it from watching the show)

Old 10-13-2016, 03:33 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Well Dave definitely proved he's no TV mastermind. lol A very short term gain that seems doomed. A mix-up might help him I guess. He did already tell the others he'd flip no problem. But I dunno, giving up an idol for someone no one wants there isn't super swift - not at this point in the game anyway. Maybe the one we never hear from is the wildcard. I have no idea what her name is. Sunday? (someone wrote it above but I honestly couldn't tell you it from watching the show)
Yeah, I think the one you are referring to is Sunday. She's been kind of quiet.

After saying how much he wanted and needed the idol, Dave gives it away? Not smart. He mentioned he is more of a Cochran type player but the last episode proved he's no Cochran that's for sure. What kind of strategy was that? Maybe he is drawn to Jess because she's a strong person but she's also an unpopular one. The only reason I can think of as to why Dave gave Jess the idol is because he thought with Lucy out of the way, Jess would take over as leader. Then she would be grateful and carry him through. But she doesn't seem to be liked for by the others. It isn't just Lucy's demands that people get rid of her that she got all those votes.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:53 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,452,170 times
I think David only read half the memo. The first part said that if you want to be taken seriously, make a really deft move. The second part said, "However, if the deft move does nothing for your game, and actually harms it, well, then not so much."

Old 10-13-2016, 04:20 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,596,028 times
I enjoyed Dave's move. He didn't know that a mix-up was coming. Now the balance on that tribe should be 4 to 3 in Dave's favor. Wouldn't that be to his advantage, at least in the short term?

Has anyone else been noticing the excessive number of very overt christians there are this season? CC, Sunday, Chris, that brown haired missionary girl on the Millenial tribe, and the curly headed young guy who gets all the air time, too. There are probably several others who would jump into this potential power alliance. I don't think this was happenstance on the part of the producers - I'm sure that production saw it as a possible way for people of different generations to come together in an alliance and provide an interesting twist to the game this season. I'm hoping that some of the other players are noticing this too and will take out a few of those players before it does become a strong alliance.

It's interesting to think about the reasons behind the ways people ally themselves with others.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:36 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,261,488 times
I think Dave made a wise move.

Jess was so loyal and trusting to her alliance that she didn't believe Ken. But once she saw the votes come her way she knew they were no longer loyal to her. She would have joined Dave, Ken, and CiCi in a new majority alliance against the other three.

Of course the swap changes everything

Old 10-13-2016, 11:01 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,326 times
Dave certainly made a dumb move with the idol. For someone who doesn't like the physical challenges he seems to be doing quite well at them.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:30 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,858,764 times
I mean like that an idol actually got played, instead of the usual hold the tribe ransom with it, but that move didn't make sense. He was safe and not absolute bottom. Save it and use it to get out a real player - not wannabe leaders.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:46 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,235,032 times
Love the clarity and colors of the photography even more so this season....and it's not just my TV. Does this show receive awards for this?....because it should.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:33 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,264,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Love the clarity and colors of the photography even more so this season....and it's not just my TV. Does this show receive awards for this?....because it should.
The Amazing Race is the same way. The shots you get of other countries all around the world has really made me want to visit places I had never thought about before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV