Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 03:02 PM

126,272 posts, read 19,041,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I so wish the date was always put in the subject line

when does it begin?

CBS has scheduled the premiere date for a new season for September 21.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 12:08 PM

5,515 posts, read 7,106,662 times
Lots of beautiful women this season. A lot of them are very funny too, should make for some interesting interviews during the show.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:13 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
I'm the parent of a Gen-Xer, grandparent of 3 Millenias. I already don't like the youngest kid. Didn't like what he had to say about beating "the old people". Hmmm, hard for me to think of Gen-Xers as "old people".

Got a homey on there. The Boston Police sarge. I liked the Xers. I liked the Millenial girl with curly dark hair that went through puberty in junior year of HS.

Yes, Tom, lots of eye candy for ya!

Old 08-29-2016, 06:47 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,266,803 times
Any bets on how long before the tribes are shuffled? In seasons like this, they seem to like to do it by episode 3. But maybe since the whole seasons is called Millenials vs Gen-Xers, maybe they'll keep them separate until the merge.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:11 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I'm a Boomer with 2 Gen-X'ers that are parents of teens; and two unmarried Millenials who grew up with The Fast & The Furious, Mortal Kombat, Grand Theft Auto and all the technology we saw as so intimidating. My sons generation (the Millenials) is spoiled, expect handouts and have helicopter parents ready to jump whenever they're needed. Of course that's a total stereotye, but I'll bet it's played up.

It'll be interesting how each group interacts with the other. I'm excited for the season. Should be fun, I think.
IDK, I think its going to be the other way around, the older crowd is going to be played up as stick in the mud play it safe and dumb and the younger crowd is going to be fast and smart and a little reckless.
Probst has been saying how much he loves the younger crowd and wants to be like them.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
IDK, I think its going to be the other way around, the older crowd is going to be played up as stick in the mud play it safe and dumb and the younger crowd is going to be fast and smart and a little reckless.
Probst has been saying how much he loves the younger crowd and wants to be like them.
I believe you are correct, Gies. Survivor is also actively looking for younger people to play the game. To me, that says the younger crowd is too woosey to want to play a physical game. Look at how much they have had to change things in the game already so people wouldn't starve to death! It's a wonder the shelters aren't already built for them! IMO takes a Gen-Xer or older to provide shelter it seems.

Old 09-03-2016, 04:45 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait !!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2016, 09:44 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I believe you are correct, Gies. Survivor is also actively looking for younger people to play the game. To me, that says the younger crowd is too woosey to want to play a physical game. Look at how much they have had to change things in the game already so people wouldn't starve to death! It's a wonder the shelters aren't already built for them! IMO takes a Gen-Xer or older to provide shelter it seems.
Couldn't give you another rep.

I will say this oldster is going to be irritated when they make the old people look bad. 23? seasons and this is how they treat their old fans?

Old 09-05-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Couldn't give you another rep.

I will say this oldster is going to be irritated when they make the old people look bad. 23? seasons and this is how they treat their old fans?
It's probably not personal, Gies. It is looking for that almighty dollar in advertising and "us oldsters" are not the target. The Millenials are. Shows with old farts is not going to cut it with the kids. Think back, WE were the same way. More respectful from what I gleen but still thought anyone over 30 was OLD. I totally remember that like it was yesterday, not almost 50 years ago!! I think we need to roll with the punches of society. I know it is maddening to feel dissed but we must "soldier through it". I content myself that some day all these young stuffs will be in EXACTLY our position now, as I am sure our elders said too. Vicious circle of life.

Whew! Didn't mean to wax so philosophical!

Old 09-17-2016, 10:16 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,730,778 times
Friendly reminder- check your DVR to see if it is set.
I have Comcast and every season I have to set it to record since it isn't simply "Survivor" but "Survivor: Insert Casting Scheme Here".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV