Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 10:39 AM

4,903 posts, read 4,193,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Probst has teased up that next week is a double boot episode! Still just an hour long, though. And the following week is the finale! Just two episodes left of this season!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 11:28 AM

15,893 posts, read 18,250,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I get the crying for the families. They are hungry, sleep deprived and highly emotional. You can't help but cry at times. When I ran the NYC marathon and saw my family at the finish line I lost it. Mental and physical exhaustion do that to you!

I totally agree with you. A month is a very long time when one is isolated from familiar people and things. Plus, they have to deal with not trusting anyone fully. It's lonely and I'm glad I'm not there.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:35 AM

15,893 posts, read 18,250,138 times
I never cared much for the family visits. However, thinking back there is something that bothered me a lot. Remember when it was down to the final 2 or 3 and the finalists had a big meal and then followed a path leading to the torches of the dearly departed. There would be some dirge-like music and everyone was supposed to cry (which we didn't) That was a total waste of time IMO and a flop as a "dramatic" experience.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:46 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,353,463 times
I've been thinking today how bad I feel for Adam because I was in a similar boat about fifteen years ago. I was living over 2000 miles from my family at the time when my sister called and told me my dad was very ill and they didn't think he would make it.

I jumped onto the first plane heading back to my family but missed seeing my dad at the end. He died while I was in transit. All the other family members surrounded him so he went seeing everyone but me. I will always feel sad about that. I didn't get a chance to say "Goodbye."

Normally, I don't like the visits from the loved ones and feel that people overreact when they meet up but in Adam's situation not knowing how his mom was doing must have been really hard on him. Seeing his brother must have made it just a bit easier for him.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:28 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,175,095 times
I don't know about the millenial vs. gen x thing being any reason this season is different. But it does seem that its a "short game" season. There are some seasons when everyone is strategizing a very long game, you still have no idea most of what went on. Some seasons seem chaotic. Interviews later you get the idea that the chaos was caused by strategy of some sort but not sure what. This season seems like we are seeing what people think pretty well but they are playing a short game or...alliance clusters or whatever. People flip but only sort of for one move or not even completely one move like last night then flip back. Its sort of weird to watch. I think its mostly the younger crowd or millenials. They both seem more likely to be "fluid" in their alliances and forgiving of others who flip around. Well except for David and Adam, they don't seem to like either of those guys.

Ken...that was interesting to see how Will perceived Ken as sort of a droning ax grinder on his opinions on honor etc. Yea I could see where that might get hard but Will seems a bit full of himself. He is VERY LUCKY that his stunt didn't boomerang back on him. I think in other seasons a flipper would have been gone next.

Ol whats his face I'm a lawyer not talking to Zeke - phhtttt. He always seemed like a bit of arrogant asshat. Its a game get over it. Its not even like you need the money.

Strong players are being picked off. Are we going to end up with a tribal of I just lasted longer than anyone else because I was sort of zero?

Old 12-01-2016, 03:57 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,326,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I don't know about the millenial vs. gen x thing being any reason this season is different. But it does seem that its a "short game" season. There are some seasons when everyone is strategizing a very long game, you still have no idea most of what went on. Some seasons seem chaotic. Interviews later you get the idea that the chaos was caused by strategy of some sort but not sure what. This season seems like we are seeing what people think pretty well but they are playing a short game or...alliance clusters or whatever. People flip but only sort of for one move or not even completely one move like last night then flip back. Its sort of weird to watch. I think its mostly the younger crowd or millenials. They both seem more likely to be "fluid" in their alliances and forgiving of others who flip around. Well except for David and Adam, they don't seem to like either of those guys.

Ken...that was interesting to see how Will perceived Ken as sort of a droning ax grinder on his opinions on honor etc. Yea I could see where that might get hard but Will seems a bit full of himself. He is VERY LUCKY that his stunt didn't boomerang back on him. I think in other seasons a flipper would have been gone next.

Ol whats his face I'm a lawyer not talking to Zeke - phhtttt. He always seemed like a bit of arrogant asshat. Its a game get over it. Its not even like you need the money.

Strong players are being picked off. Are we going to end up with a tribal of I just lasted longer than anyone else because I was sort of zero?
The strongest player is the one who gets the 1 mil check. Tough guys, know it all's get kicked out pretty quick.
IMO the only reason the play survivor is to win, no matter what it takes. Nobody remembers the strong players if they don't get the check.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:32 AM

5,586 posts, read 8,367,481 times
I loved the episode, and the fact these players are playing HARD. I was surprised none of Zeke's "army" caught the fact he said "these are MY five". You know, making a statement like that can really rub people the wrong way. Can't blame Adam for playing the idol, he had no reason to trust Will.

I can fully understand the emotion at the family visits -- you gotta figure, the families at home have seen the show and know how much their loved ones could be suffering, for real. And the contestants are exhausted, hungry and stressed. I'm sure a month feels like a decade.

Hey, I was thinking maybe (the cop) would whisper in his Dad's ear that he had told everyone he was a funeral director. Don't blow my cover, Dad! And yeah, it was strange that the families weren't involved in the challenge and we didn't see them enjoying the BBQ. I do like seeing the loved ones -- just out of curiosity, like how about Ken's brother being just as handsome as Ken? That would suck to be Ken's ugly brother.

Finally, I know I'm in the minority but I really like David. He is from Philly, my hometown, and I think he's done great for someone as neurotic and petrified as he was when he started. And he's funny.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:16 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,243,635 times
I'm really enjoying this season. The players are making some wild, impulsive moves, and that's a nice change from the typical "form an alliance and try to Pagong the other alliance" approach, which is usually pretty boring, and rarely works.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:44 AM

4,903 posts, read 4,193,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post

Finally, I know I'm in the minority but I really like David. He is from Philly, my hometown, and I think he's done great for someone as neurotic and petrified as he was when he started. And he's funny.
Is /was he really "neurotic and petrified or is he just a very smart player???

Old 12-02-2016, 09:12 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,587,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Probst has teased up that next week is a double boot episode! Still just an hour long, though. And the following week is the finale! Just two episodes left of this season!
Really? Eight left right now. Double boot takes it down to six. I don't think I've ever seen a finale with six left. Usually five are left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV