Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2016, 12:31 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times

Advertisements

I think that was a brilliant strategic move by Hannah tonight! (And yes, she looked extra-dirty tonight!) Think about it -- she could have just let Adam lead the way, but she was able to convince him that Sunday was a strategic move, even though her real reason was loyalty to David. I mean -- SUNDAY!!! Her type of player usually always floats along til the end. As Hannah called her, an "enticing goat". That girl is no dummy. Speaking of which, I am VERY impressed with the intelligence and articulateness (?) of these players, even Will at age 18. How do they find young people who don't say "like" and "know what I'm saying?" every other word?

I LOVE the fact that the remaining group are ALL strategic players. Well, except for Bret, but he at least has been more vocal than Sunday. Let's see if they start zero-ing in on him as a cop, if they have figured it out. That will surely put a target on his back.

And finally -- welcome to Wilful1!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 01:09 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Who the heck in this game deserves to win??? This is the first time I can't make a clear case for one individual based on merit. They've all kinda played a role, but none have stood out as dominant.

And how the heck did I end up rooting for Dave, when he is someone I disliked in the beginning? Maybe that whole "underdog" thing got to me. Somehow he ended up being a shot-caller ( and how the other contestants ever let that happen, I'll never know. )

Old 12-08-2016, 01:11 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Ken lost any shot at the million he deserved in my opinion when Will threw him a lifeline and Ken decided to repay him for that by outing him for it, He's made no big moves. The only case that can be made for Ken is that he's played the game honestly, with integrity, and has stayed loyal.

Bret has to be the most arrogant guy on survivor who has never made a big move of his own.

Jay made a big move by orchestrating Michaela's ouster, and he's managed to survive without having an alliance throughout most of the game, not to mention his competitiveness in immunity challenges.

Adam has kinda floated around to whichever way the winds were blowing, but what big moves has he made?

Hannah changed the trajectory of the game by abandoning Zeke, and then again this week by convincing Adam to vote in lieu of Dave.

I don't know. I think an equal case can be made for any of the remaining players, except for Ken and Bret.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 12-08-2016 at 01:34 AM..

Old 12-08-2016, 01:12 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
I was watching Hannah's dirty face, too, then noticed it was washed when it came time for tribal council. Her move to get Sunday out (thank goodness, what a sour puss that woman had) will give her the kind of credibility for which Will was hoping.

I was sobbing with Adam and Jay tonight. Not too often that Survivor makes me cry!

Maybe I'm team Adam now?? I think the reason I haven't enjoyed this season as much as others has been because I keep disliking players I previously liked (ahem, Ken) and so don't really root for anyone when I watch.

Hello to wilful1 , you'll enjoy the books forum, too!

Old 12-08-2016, 02:06 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
Just don't understand, why Sunday? She, at least I thought so, would be someone I would attach myself too and drag to the finals with me. Buut what do I know? Wilful1, don't get lost in the stacks, c'mon back with a fresh perspective.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:22 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
I was surprised by the Sunday vote simply because we didn't see her! Usually we at least get a confessional in someone's boot episode but I think the only time we heard her talk was once at tribal. Very strange. She must have been quite boring.

I'm pretty excited going into the finale! There are at least 4 people that I can see winning: Jay, Adam, David, and Hannah. I don't think Bret or Ken have much of a chance (Sorry, Jax!!).

And for the person that asked about the legacy advantage Ken has, it has to be played on Day 36, so that will be the beginning of the next episode. I'm curious if it's another vote steal type thing or an advantage in the immunity challenge. Or something completely new! Just one more week!!

Old 12-08-2016, 07:07 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I think an equal case can be made for any of the remaining players.
That's what makes this a good season.

I give credit to Ken for telling Jessica (or whatever her name is) that he had no intention of being her lap dog. He stood up for himself, when the normal strategy has always been to let people think you'l do what they say.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:09 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Just don't understand, why Sunday? She, at least I thought so, would be someone I would attach myself too and drag to the finals with me.
I think you answered your own question. Too many people wanted to sit next to her at the end, which means someone else would have to go home, and those someone elses didn't want to go out like that.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:45 AM

810 posts, read 1,025,361 times
I wonder if the rewards steal "advantage" will come into play at all. They didn't even have any reward challenges last night!

I guess Adam just gave Jay a souvenir

Old 12-08-2016, 07:50 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
I thought the episode would be 90mins or 2hrs. I think it needed a bit more room between challenges and vote offs but oh well. Honestly Sunday seems like a wasted vote, she wasn't winning anything. If they leave David in the game he's going to win. He's a talker. Same thing with Jay but for other reasons. Not going after his idol worked out but could have been doom and gloom as he'll win if he's around. An Adam, David, Jay finale would certainly be interesting. I don't think the rest have a chance unless those 3 are gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV