Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 06:44 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,315,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
I absolutely agree with you . Once a situation gets too unrealistic I get turned off too which may be why I do not watch tv shows that much anymore, you can only suspend your disbelief for the sake of entertainment just so far before it is stretched too thin.

As for lack of realism in doctor dramas I stopped watching House because of that. It seemed like every single episode his young doctor assistants were misdiagnosing the poor patient and often planning some weird unnecessary surgery dragging the patient into the operating room, only to be stopped at the last minute from causing serious harm by House. That is actually pretty scary .
I stopped watching House for that reason too. Lol.. I had to because I was scheduled for surgery and watching it just made me more nervous about my surgery.

I've been watching Royal Pains which in the beginning was good because there was more of a backstory, but now with every episode the main character who's a physician runs into has some sort of emergency medical issue that's unexpected and he has to diagnose and treat them.
Hank, the main character can't even go on a date, or jogging or even social events without running into someone who needs medical attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 08:20 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,007,004 times
I can't stand to watch the house flipping show on HGTV with Tarak. Tarak's wife, whos name has escaped me now, really pizzes me off. There is something about her I just can not stand.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:39 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,848 times
I don't care what it's about or who's in it, if it has a laugh track or is filmed before a studio audience, I don't watch it.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:01 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,415,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeoflight View Post
I can't stand to watch the house flipping show on HGTV with Tarak. Tarak's wife, whos name has escaped me now, really pizzes me off. There is something about her I just can not stand.
I actually like Tarek but thinks he deserves someone better.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:18 PM

22,844 posts, read 6,435,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
We stopped watching M&M when they changed Molly into that gross, ridiculous character she played in Bridesmaids, Identity Thief, etc. Molly was a great character that they ruined and made the show ridiculous.
^ This...She became some crazy, off the wall, nutcase...the whole show was affected by it.
(I like the supporting cast better.)

Old 05-25-2016, 10:09 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,169,560 times
Tarak's wife comes across as a Prima Donna to me.

One I quit watching was Friends. I'd watched years ago, realizing it was not my lifestyle or choices I'd pick, but still interesting. Years down the road here come the re-runs. I started watching and have come to the conclusion that Rachel is one big **** and I can't watch it any more. Also Joey, really bad behavior. And Phoebe, used to think she was just quirky but now I think there's something mentally wrong with that character.

Don't know why I ever watched it the first time around. I guess my values have become more solid as I grew older.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:22 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,812,030 times
I think the last time I watched a sitcom was in the Roseanne days.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:07 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
She's a vapid airhead with no taste, maybe?

Old 05-27-2016, 01:56 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
She's a vapid airhead with no taste, maybe?
Actually, though I felt at first she appeared to be a "Valley Girl" or not have much going on, once I saw what she contributed in her design choices, I began feeling differently. I like seeing the outcome of their homes, because they are inevitably stunning when done. Guess it is a matter of taste.

* I realize this is supposed to be about Sitcoms, but responding to what was brought up. I suppose it does not matter since it is about TV turn-offs, but just wanted to cover that.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:41 PM

3,551 posts, read 2,531,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I didn't watch Seinfeld much after Susan died from licking cheap envelopes. The way the characters reacted was callous and shallow -- even for them. I did like it that karma bit them in the ass in the series finale.
That was a high point of the show to me. I really thought it was brilliant at the time - what other sitcom would have the balls to be that callous? None, back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV