Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 08:26 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times

Advertisements

Was the MIL trying to get on TV?

"Hey random stranger, my DIL hates me and she doesn't let me see my grandkids!"

She reminded me a little bit of my MIL in that moment. We went to a funeral and afterwards, we went back to my husband's cousin's house. She started telling some guy she'd never met before her entire woe is me life story and started saying stuff like, "No one does anything for me. I have no one to cook for me. No one to clean for me. No one to shop for me. No one. I'm all alone."

And there is my husband sitting ten feet away, asking himself why he even bothers to shop for her almost every week, attempt to cook for her, attempt to bring her out, bring her to appointments, take care of endless amounts of crap for her, etc. One day he's going to run away from home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 10:50 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I probably would have had a private conversation with my MIL after the party - but that is not Shannon's way.

Not enough drama! Tears, running to the bathroom, screaming it to everyone, screaming at David . . . .

Good lands; these women EXHAUST me.

Most of us just . . handle a problem and go on.
Amen. But there wouldn't be a show if things were handled the way most of do it. MIL was way out of line though. Sheesh!

Old 09-22-2016, 06:37 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Amen. But there wouldn't be a show if things were handled the way most of do it. MIL was way out of line though. Sheesh!
So true!!! It's like every horror movie when the young soon to be victim hears a noise and goes out to look with a flashlight...I think for most of us our lives would make for boring reality TV...which is a good thing!!!

Old 09-22-2016, 09:43 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
MIL was definitely out of line but GEEZ Sharon, do you have to go all Bonkers in front everyone??? If anything, go to your MIL and confront her, not embarrass your husband.

Can't remember anything else happening other than that whole scene...

Oh, the kid's band was cute.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:36 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Does anybody else think that Shannon doubles as the Liberty Mutual Insurance "BlahBlahBlah" lady?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlHDDE-a--o

Old 09-27-2016, 09:38 AM

1,912 posts, read 3,223,416 times
Shannon annoys the heck out of me. 5 years in a house is a pit stop. I cannot even look at David, he looks like he's on something. They are weird and uncomfortable....omg she orders ribs and worries about fat...what a Debbie Downer! Yikes...I wanted to smack Meghan...you are upset because you are pregnant...your lifelong dream....a healthy fetus...but you're not having 2....sickening....how many people would do ANYTHING in the world to be pregnant???? WTF??????? I would NEVER want to get a massage with any of the housewives....they never shut up!!!!!! I'm surprised staff didn't ask them to BE QUIET....rant over!!!!!

Old 09-27-2016, 09:55 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times
Whaaaahhhtttt! Icki Vicki is creating and selling an insurance for cancer patients and "creating" a charity No one believed that Brooks had cancer but she continues the storyline

I wonder if David did bring his mistress to family dinners

Kelly and her husband seem incompatible. Like she is ever going to be able to get rid of him. She tried once

Ssshhhh...we are getting a massage so please be quiet

Old 09-27-2016, 10:33 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,308,551 times
I would probably freak out too if my mil invited the mistress to be a part of the family and blaming me for it to my friends. David's mother knew exactly what she was doing. She I'm sure watches the show and knew they were filming that night so that was her chance to hurt Shannon on t.v.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:50 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
I'm disliking the whole bunch right now..

Old 09-28-2016, 12:58 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Just now catching up. Kelly and hubby are painting their own walls? Are they completely broke? Just made me laugh because I usually can't relate to these people at all, but I am very familiar with a paint roller!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV