Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,182,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Good article I found linked from Jokers about the decline of casting, gameplay, and so on.

The part that really struck home for me is the lack of age diversity. There used to be more of it.
Thanks, j_k_k, I am really glad to see it's just not ME having all these thoughts and feelings, negative ones, about BB. It used to be FUN to watch. Since Grodner took over it gets to be more of a CHORE as the seasons pass.

I wish some PTB at CBS would listen to us!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
Idiot move of James to let Nicole get HOH. It doesn't make sense to just willingly hand the power over to her like that.

I agree that Nic and Corey are dumber than a box of rocks making a final four deal w/Victor and Paul. Are they really foolish enough to think that those guys would be easier to beat going forward than Michelle or Natalie? James may have a decent chance at future comps (if he doesn't just give more away,) but Paul and Vic (especially) have a better chance of doing well than anyone else.

It was funny seeing Corey trying to think about what to do with the bribe when he was up in the HOH bedroom w/Nicole. I could see the small, feeble gears in his head trying to turn while he had his characteristically spaced-out look on his face. I was chuckling about how stupid his expression was, and how thinking seemed to be such a huge effort for him, lol.
Yep, that is the scene that prompted my previous post. It was actually painful watching this grown man TRY TO THINK and not succeeding!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 04:28 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,452,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Thanks, j_k_k, I am really glad to see it's just not ME having all these thoughts and feelings, negative ones, about BB. It used to be FUN to watch. Since Grodner took over it gets to be more of a CHORE as the seasons pass.
The decline has been long and slow. It's a different situation than, say, Survivor, because the BB house presents minimal physical challenge. One can see where a person over sixty, on Survivor, would have to be at the high end of physical preparedness in order to have a chance. In BB, nah; most of it is sunbathing. Yeah, one does have to be able to run, and throw, and some of the challenges would be harder, but accumulated people skills would have their compensations. Grodner & Co. seem to think that we mostly want to look at cookie-cutter college-age hot stuff, and I think they are wrong. We want to see the evil genius of a Dr. Will, the adjustments of nerds to intense social games, the kind of smug cleverness you get from someone like Parvati Shallow (love her or hate her, she's brilliant at this stuff), diversity, and such.

There was a time when I didn't miss an episode. Nowadays, I only care if I miss the live eviction show. I used to watch episode recaps; now I don't. I check in on Joker's to see the status of stuff like veto usage. If it all went away, I wouldn't really miss it. For fall, it is going all-online, and I won't pay it any attention at all. At this point, my favorite parts are when someone starts bawling, and my wife cuts in with an impassioned wail about what Crappy would have wanted (or would not have wanted).

Old 08-29-2016, 10:53 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,326 times
Quote:
For fall, it is going all-online, and I won't pay it any attention at all. At this point, my favorite parts are when someone starts bawling, and my wife cuts in with an impassioned wail about what Crappy would have wanted (or would not have wanted).
I have seen the thread about that. It is hard to believe. Certainly not like they have a lot of decent shows to replace it.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:04 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
You are so right!

Nichole...Michelle isn't the big threat in the house unless you think she is going to steal Corey! I think Michelle has jealousy towards Nichole as she did with all the other girls, so she targeted Nichole and now Nichole is retaliating.

Michelle is soooooooooooo insecure so therefore, she has jealousy towards ALL the girls.

Corey...you are a total dufuss!

Paul...stop talking. We know you love the sound of your own voice but some of us are sick and tired of you, your nastiness and your lack of understanding the stragey of these HG's trying to get you OUT. Stop taking everything so personally. And while you are at it, learn some works besides sh++ and F+++.

James...you are too nice (letting Nicole win HOH) and too honest to even be in the same room with these back stabbers.

Natalie...I believe you are a nice caring girl and this house is bringing out the worst in you.

Victor...in my opinion, you should win. You've played the game well, you got back in twice and you aren't as mean as Paul or Paulie

COLOR="Red"]Didn't James promise not to put someone up if he won the HOH and thenput them up? He is my favorite player but if it bites him this time. "What goes around Comes around.[/color]
Based on game play. Yes Victor should win.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:28 PM

810 posts, read 1,024,863 times
Pretty sure every time James made a deal during a competition he turned around and put them on the block lol

Old 08-30-2016, 09:57 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,234,708 times
Quote:
.................. For fall, it is going all-online, and I won't pay it any attention at all................
I don't remember Big Brother ever even starting in the Fall but rather early Spring so it could include Summer outdoor 'skin' time and tanning. Maybe an older group will be starting in the Fall. lol

Old 08-30-2016, 11:23 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,452,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
I don't remember Big Brother ever even starting in the Fall but rather early Spring so it could include Summer outdoor 'skin' time and tanning. Maybe an older group will be starting in the Fall. lol
The only season I've missed is #4. I never remember them starting before June, which I guess is technically part of spring but only by the same logic that says it's not winter until just before Christmas.

I wouldn't look to them to improve casting. Producers tend to think that they are the most important participants, and to want to "put their own stamp on" something or "change it up," so of course they can take credit. What the fans want, is not a factor.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:39 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,228,719 times
Maybe they have to find UNEMPLOYED people to be on these shows!

"I" can't take 3 months off from my job!

Old 08-30-2016, 11:49 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,182,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
I remember ONE season, early on in it's history, of being on in the Fall. One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Maybe they have to find UNEMPLOYED people to be on these shows!

"I" can't take 3 months off from my job!
Many peeps have lost their job FOR taking those 3 months off. Being unemployed would be the "perfect" hg.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:32 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,596,028 times
I'm sure the producers think that most viewers would rather see young firm flesh than old floppy flesh sitting around a pool and competing in physical competitions. That's probably the real reason why BB's casts are usually young.

They're probably right - some of the older women in particular on Survivor get a lot of on-line heckling about their bodies, even though they're very fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV