Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 09:56 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times

Advertisements

Today I heard the most right thing yet on a show that was talking about how this divorce will effect the kids. The therapist said kids do better when parents are honest. He thinks Jon and Kate have been having problems for some time and have gone on like nothing was wrong. Kids know when things are wrong. THey then jusy happened to annouce marriage problems three weeks before the season opener. How odd. I think the show will be off soon, who doesn't know people going through divorce and who feels like they can get any tips on anything from these two.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher75 View Post
It's weird how both J&K both say they don't hate each other...Hmm.. I think they're ready to snap necks lol

I'd say you're right.......

Old 06-25-2009, 03:55 AM

253 posts, read 1,055,835 times
It's been said that the show (and TLC) has lied about their life for awhile, that Jon and Kate had actually been living separately for about 2 years.

This means the recent renewing of the wedding vows before the divorce was all staged and fake and the divorce announcement from them is being made to look more like a surprise than it is.

If they have been living apart for around 2 years, I would bet Kate knew of his cheating. Who knows? She might have cheated as well. In fact they might have had an arrangement with that...which also included both of them coming back to the house together to play like husband and wife while the cameras were rolling until they just couldn't bare it anymore and Jon called it quits.

Here is the link: Click

TLC and Jon and Kate really need to just cancel that show on principle. It's a hot mess. It's wrong to continue it. These kids are involved and it is just very unethical at this point. They need to take time away from the cameras...the show... and get themselves stabilized however they will do it now as divorced parents and heal. Let the children get some grounding and let the paparazzi fade out over time.

According to that link, looks like Jon is losing interest in continuing the show and wants to start a new slate in New York City. However, let's hope he doesn't become too much of a bachelor to where he forgets about his parental responsibilities living away from the children.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:07 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I'd say you're right.......
It's really sad to watch.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:49 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,731 times
My wife and I have 6 kids.
My wife has 11 siblings.
None of us was ever on TV.
No one ever cared about our lives except for family and friends.
We all made it without getting $75,000.00 per episode for a TV show.
Some people know how to milk the system but still end up in a failed marrige.
John and Kate paid OCC to build them a customized motorcycle and scooter. (maybe paid for by the sponsers)
The wife and I are still together. (Almost 30 years)
Her parents are still together. (Over 50 years).
I couldn't care less about John and Kate. They exposed their kids to national media and public exposure.
I feel sorry for the kids.
It's a damn shame parents are more interested in making money from their kids than just raising them in a normal and loving enviorment.
The only time I ever watched anything about John and Kate was when OCC made the bikes for them. I watch OCC because I am interested in the bikes they build. (American Chopper)

Old 06-25-2009, 05:17 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Looks like this is going to get nasty.

I was watching ET last night, Jon's going to be "dishing" about how Kate had bad depression or something after the birth.. which would really be surprising to me.. Geez, hormones from carrying 6 babies? Really?

If Jon does this, my opinion of him is going to get lower.

I wish they would hire a real PR firm already & both of them stop talking.

Don't get me started on the Kevin & Jodi interviews.

People need to keep their mouth shut.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:26 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times
Default More Mikey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
My wife and I have 6 kids.
My wife has 11 siblings.
None of us was ever on TV.
No one ever cared about our lives except for family and friends.
We all made it without getting $75,000.00 per episode for a TV show.
Some people know how to milk the system but still end up in a failed marrige.
John and Kate paid OCC to build them a customized motorcycle and scooter. (maybe paid for by the sponsers)
The wife and I are still together. (Almost 30 years)
Her parents are still together. (Over 50 years).
I couldn't care less about John and Kate. They exposed their kids to national media and public exposure.
I feel sorry for the kids.
It's a damn shame parents are more interested in making money from their kids than just raising them in a normal and loving enviorment.
The only time I ever watched anything about John and Kate was when OCC made the bikes for them. I watch OCC because I am interested in the bikes they build. (American Chopper)
I agree, I watch OCC with the hubs and saw that one. I never saw SR with not much to say but he was really thinking that Jon should man up. LOL, now come on weren't you really hoping she would wipe out on that stupid scooter!

Old 06-25-2009, 06:09 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
[quote=Roselvr;9457172]
Quote:
Looks like this is going to get nasty.

I was watching ET last night, Jon's going to be "dishing" about how Kate had bad depression or something after the birth.. which would really be surprising to me.. Geez, hormones from carrying 6 babies? Really?

If Jon does this, my opinion of him is going to get lower.

I agree. I'm sure he hates her because of the way she treated him.....but he's gonna really look bad if he bashes her - especially if he does so because she was post-partum depressed. He just needs to shut up and take the high road, but it seems like that will be impossible for him to do.

Quote:
I wish they would hire a real PR firm already & both of them stop talking.

Don't get me started on the Kevin & Jodi interviews.

People need to keep their mouth shut.
All true.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:16 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
I would like to know what will happen after the 'hiatus'. Will they film or not?

Old 06-25-2009, 06:24 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsymptoticFaery View Post
It's been said that the show (and TLC) has lied about their life for awhile, that Jon and Kate had actually been living separately for about 2 years.

This means the recent renewing of the wedding vows before the divorce was all staged and fake and the divorce announcement from them is being made to look more like a surprise than it is.

If they have been living apart for around 2 years, I would bet Kate knew of his cheating. Who knows? She might have cheated as well. In fact they might have had an arrangement with that...which also included both of them coming back to the house together to play like husband and wife while the cameras were rolling until they just couldn't bare it anymore and Jon called it quits.

This has been explained- it's just a legal option to speed up the proceedings. If the filing spouse checks a box saying they have had a form of separation for 2 years then they waive an additional waiting period. It's like when Zellweger checked the "fraud" box. Don't take it literally.

I agree, though. Can the show, people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV