Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 02:24 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Its kind of funny now to think that Jon and Kate used to claim that they were born-again Christians, and I recall seeing Jon wearing Christian t-shirts on the show. If he was truly a Christian, would he have been hanging around bars picking up women and cheating on his wife?

On the other hand if Kate had been a true Christian she wouldn't have disrespected her husband like she did. This street goes both ways and neither one is innocent in the destruction of their marriage.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:14 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
So I watched the show last night showing their last 10 yrs and it made me really sad to see how "happy" they seemed and how that has evolved, how as each season goes on they sat further and further apart on the sofa.

Me too. I noticed how much Kate use to dote on those kids, celebrating every little accomplishment they made, and how she and Jon would joke together and just talk about the kids. Now she is on the road and away from her children so much, and those poor kids have to spend more and more time with care takers than their own parents, because of the parents' selfishness.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:21 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Its kind of funny now to think that Jon and Kate used to claim that they were born-again Christians, and I recall seeing Jon wearing Christian t-shirts on the show. If he was truly a Christian, would he have been hanging around bars picking up women and cheating on his wife?
What about Kate's wardrobe changes over the past year ?

She wears short skirts, shows cleaveage, has a tattoo on her ankle, wears bikinis in public when she knows she's being watched by the world, she tans and colors her hair, on and on it goes. She is seen constantly with her body guard, which causes people to perceive (whether it's true or not) that she is not keeping her vows to Jon. Do any of those things exemplify a born again Christian woman that is supposed to be a Christ-like example to the world ?

I think both of them have changed, and that people who are concerned about their relationship with Christ should pray for them.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:23 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Agree completely. J&K could have pulled the plug on this gig at any point,
strange how money can turn your head. The sad part is they have enough other deals going that they don't really need TLC anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Very well said and probably 100% accurate.

My only issue with these 2 is that they allowed it to happen. If they were singers or writers or actors who were seeking privacy, that would be one thing. However, THEY invited the cameras into their home and allowed their lives and their children to be filmed all day, year round. It was not a 1-hour Barbara Walters special on celebrities where everything is controlled. When Kate walked into the little boys room when they were sick and had to pick up the vomity comforter and wash it with a surgical mask on, all bets were off.

They chose their path and have enjoyed the perks that go along with it. They don't know what it's like for the families out there who actually have to work and save for vacations and clothes and birthday parties. Perhaps the train left the station long ago, but if I was giving them advice, here's what I would tell them:

Tell TLC that you are immediately cancelling the show. You will allow them to film you once a year (perhaps for the sextuplets birthday party) but that's it. You don't want to be alone, Kate? Then stop doing your press junkets and heading to the tanning booth. You live in Pennsylvania, not Miami. Your tan is just weird. Jon, it's time to grow up. Your desire to live like a Singleton and pretend you don't have a family is ridiculous. You are not allowed to have a mid-life crisis at 30 and if you weren't being handed all of these freebies, you would be a regular working dad trying to figure out how to make ends meet. You are not a celebrity, stop acting like you are special, talk to your wife and get your butts to counseling. You have 8 kids to raise and support and running around with 20-somethings and riding around on a Harley makes you look absurd.

TLC...you want to go after the Gosselins for breach of contract? Go ahead. Jon and Kate will hit every talk show in America and tell the public that they needed to get out of the limelight in order to restore their marriage and you have no idea the kind of public backlash you will get if you hold them responsible for putting their kids and their marriage ahead of a show.

It's time to pull the plug. TLC needs to get back to being THE LEARNING CHANNEL. We don't need to follow around huge weirdly religious families, families of midgets and normal sized kids, families with 2 midgets, etc, etc.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:01 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom
So I watched the show last night showing their last 10 yrs and it made me really sad to see how "happy" they seemed and how that has evolved, how as each season goes on they sat further and further apart on the sofa.

Too bad not enough geeks watch this show. One of them could compile a bunch of couch clips showing them moving apart.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:41 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post

She wears short skirts, shows cleaveage, has a tattoo on her ankle, wears bikinis in public when she knows she's being watched by the world, she tans and colors her hair, on and on it goes. She is seen constantly with her body guard, which causes people to perceive (whether it's true or not) that she is not keeping her vows to Jon. Do any of those things exemplify a born again Christian woman that is supposed to be a Christ-like example to the world ?

I think both of them have changed, and that people who are concerned about their relationship with Christ should pray for them.
People magazine had an interesting opinion on this..
Kate was dull, uninterested in her looks.
Jon wanted his sexy wife back.
She had the tummy tuck, he took her shopping.
She started liking the new sexy Kate, he ended up resenting her because he was getting heavier and bald.
Her new looks were the talk instead of Jon.
This pushed his away.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:57 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
People magazine had an interesting opinion on this..
Kate was dull, uninterested in her looks.
Jon wanted his sexy wife back.
She had the tummy tuck, he took her shopping.
She started liking the new sexy Kate, he ended up resenting her because he was getting heavier and bald.
Her new looks were the talk instead of Jon.
This pushed his away.
I don't know. Maybe all that was a factor. I saw pix of Kate pre-kids. She was a hottie. Now she's a (something of a) hottie/MILF again. But ultimately it's her personality and nasty attitude that pushed Jon away.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:12 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I don't know. Maybe all that was a factor. I saw pix of Kate pre-kids. She was a hottie. Now she's a (something of a) hottie/MILF again. But ultimately it's her personality and nasty attitude that pushed Jon away.
I agree.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:36 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Compared to 10 years ago? Who cares?

Quote:
Huh? Born-again is a state of mind. Have yet to see a dress code associated with it.

Quote:
Their relationship with anything beyond tangible is their business.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:49 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
On the other hand if Kate had been a true Christian she wouldn't have disrespected her husband like she did. This street goes both ways and neither one is innocent in the destruction of their marriage.
So true Christian women are to eat crap while they are married and keep it to themselves...?

Ok.

Not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV