Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 09:56 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,080 times

Advertisements

I'm not a fan of the show although I have watched a couple of episodes here and there about the picnic part I do have picnic in the yard with my kids... Yes we also go to the parks as well but sometimes its easier to just do in the yard...and the kids love it just the same... outdoors kind of person could also mean she does like to do adverturous activities like hike, ski, snorkeling... but sitting on a lawn chair getting some fresh air and having the kids play I really wouldn't cateorigize that as an outdoor activity to me that would be just relaxing...
Again, I'm not supporting Kate or Jon I'm just saying things seem to be a little one sided..

Old 07-23-2009, 11:16 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
I don't watch this show at all,but I just have to chime in here....
I live in the same township as this family in PA.....
Their home is situated very odly on the street,it is a side entrance garage that faces the road.The front of the house actually faces the opposite of the road,it is not THAT visible from the street.
If you were to drive by their house as a "normal" person ,you would not be able to see them outside if they were in the front of the house,so,the paparazzi are having to really strain at getting those photos,obviously they have the cameras to do so,with longer lenses,etc....
There are no sidewalks near their home which is probably why they are photographed quite a bit in their driveway as the kids are probably riding their bikes or scooters,etc.... The driveway and the garage are the most visible part of their home to the road and passerbys.

I am not defending the fact that this family chose to do what they do,but I just wanted to say that it isn't as though the front of their house is completely visible,these people are having to use some long lenses and climb in some trees (I think) to get the views they are getting.
I figured that the paparazzi were really going out of their way to get photos of them at home. They (Jon and Kate) should spend the money to put a gate with a high privacy fence to prevent this from happening again. What's to stop some scum bag from stalking and/or taking photos of the kids that would be inappropriate for them to print ? The kids can't enjoy their own yard.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:22 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I figured that the paparazzi were really going out of their way to get photos of them at home. They (Jon and Kate) should spend the money to put a gate with a high privacy fence to prevent this from happening again. What's to stop some scum bag from stalking and/or taking photos of the kids that would be inappropriate for them to print ? The kids can't enjoy their own yard.
That usually isn't feasible in the country, and is probably against code, unfortunately. It would take all the restraint I could muster to keep from physically assaulting those people!

Old 07-24-2009, 04:24 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
That usually isn't feasible in the country, and is probably against code, unfortunately. It would take all the restraint I could muster to keep from physically assaulting those people!
Me too.

They were talking about Jon and Kate last night on CNN. They were laughing at Jon for saying a few months ago that he doesn't like being in the spotlight, but now he's acting the way he does, and he talks to the paparazzi etc.

They were also making fun of Kate. She was on Larry King Live apparently and said something like " We are a normal family, we just happen to have cameras in our home a lot filming our lives. That does not make us celebrities." She was apparently whining about all the media attention and that she can't go anywhere without being followed, etc. What a dipsh*t.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:35 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,938,945 times
I rarely watch the show anymore. But I did see the thing about liking to have picnics outside.

Some folks are just so quick to judge Kate and call her a liar, they only listen to HALF of what she says.

She made the comment about preferring to eat outdoors whenever she can because then the MESS stays outside and now that the kids are bigger and can help bring things outside...

Make more sense now people?

Old 07-24-2009, 08:58 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,132,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
I rarely watch the show anymore. But I did see the thing about liking to have picnics outside.

Some folks are just so quick to judge Kate and call her a liar, they only listen to HALF of what she says.

She made the comment about preferring to eat outdoors whenever she can because then the MESS stays outside and now that the kids are bigger and can help bring things outside...

Make more sense now people?

so true---she is the only sensible adult these poor kids have!

Old 07-24-2009, 02:17 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
I know that. But in the last episode she made a comment about loving to have picnics outside. Eating outside and watching your kids play outside are 2 different things. She's called herself an indoor girl. She didn't ski in Utah. She almost didn't swim in the ocean in Hawaii. I just thought the comment looked forced or fake. Just MO.
As I said, they had the little tykes picnic tables in the garage. They've been bringing lunch outside for a long time.

I think using the term picnic is why people are confused.
Now that the kids are older, I doubt they fit in the little tykes table so she throws a blanket down.

edit according to people magazine.com - Kate has removed her wedding ring.

Last edited by Roselvr; 07-24-2009 at 03:46 PM..

Old 07-24-2009, 06:11 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,399 times
Quote:
It would take all the restraint I could muster to keep from physically assaulting those people!
Ah, but see, that's the difference between the Gosselins and the rest of us. If for some reason, I had the paparazzi following me, I would do as much as I could to stay out of their way. I would also stop doing whatever it was that attracted them to me in the first place.

I always find it annoying when celebrities (and wanna be celebrities) do everything they can to become famous and enjoy the perks (ie "freebies") of their celebrity then complain when they actually get the attention they've been craving and act like the paparazzi are villains. YES, I don't agree when they surround someone's car and actually become hazardous to innocent bystanders. But there are PLENTY of celebrities (Julia Roberts is one who was HUGE and has fallen out of the endless pages of Hollywood gossip) who manage to do the work they love (acting, singing, etc) and not go to the hot spots where they will be photographed.

I will bet good money that Kate and Jon have celebrity handlers who call in tips telling the paparazzi where they'll be. Do you honestly think they didn't know in advance that Jon was heading to the Riviera or that Kate would be in a bikini on that particular beach? If they enjoy the perks of celebrity (while not actually doing anything to make them worthy of it), then they get to "enjoy" the negatives. Neither one of them is in it for the kids. Kate seems to believe that if she says "I do everything for the kids" enough times, it may actually be true. Perhaps someone should tell her that heading incessantly to the tanning booth is a surefire way to get melanoma and surely dying of skin cancer isn't "for the kids." I can't wait for the kids to write "tell all" books and do the talk show circuit. Now that I would actually watch.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:20 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
As I said, they had the little tykes picnic tables in the garage. They've been bringing lunch outside for a long time.

I think using the term picnic is why people are confused.
Now that the kids are older, I doubt they fit in the little tykes table so she throws a blanket down.
Most of the time as I recall, the kids were outside (either on the driveway or in the garage) eating while one of her helpers (she called them "babysitters" back then) was watching them so she could do whatever she was doing inside. The only time she was ever outside was when she was sitting for a few minutes on a lawnchair (likely yelling at Jon about the clutter in the garage or how he was playing with the kids). The lady (I think her name was Carla) was always with them and doing stuff around the garage. Kate stayed inside and always has, and that's why I have a problem with her revisionist statements about how she loves to eat outside. SHE never did anything outside and if sending the kids outside was just because of the mess, that is not a picnic.

Anyway...it's not a big deal. Either you like Kate or you don't. I don't. I don't like Jon either but I'll be darned if she is going to act like a totally different person that those of us who watched for years know her to be. She doesn't get to fool all of us into her being a victim of her husband's mid-life crisis and pretend to be super mom. She was the engineer on this train wreck and is finding out firsthand how lonely it is at the top.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:29 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Most of the time as I recall, the kids were outside (either on the driveway or in the garage) eating while one of her helpers (she called them "babysitters" back then) was watching them so she could do whatever she was doing inside. The only time she was ever outside was when she was sitting for a few minutes on a lawnchair (likely yelling at Jon about the clutter in the garage or how he was playing with the kids). The lady (I think her name was Carla) was always with them and doing stuff around the garage. Kate stayed inside and always has, and that's why I have a problem with her revisionist statements about how she loves to eat outside. SHE never did anything outside and if sending the kids outside was just because of the mess, that is not a picnic.

Anyway...it's not a big deal. Either you like Kate or you don't. I don't. I don't like Jon either but I'll be darned if she is going to act like a totally different person that those of us who watched for years know her to be. She doesn't get to fool all of us into her being a victim of her husband's mid-life crisis and pretend to be super mom. She was the engineer on this train wreck and is finding out firsthand how lonely it is at the top.
You nailed it 100%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV