Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 09:59 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,081,367 times

Advertisements

Kate: I’m still wearing wedding ring for my kids - TODAY Entertainment

Kate on the Today show this morning. Not sure that I believe that she keeps her ring on "for the kids." I'm sure there are 2 sides to the Jodi and Kevin story. Other than that, she answers some of the rumors and sounds believable to me.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:15 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,775,033 times
What happened to the Gosselins' supposed evangelical Christianity? Jon used to wear Christian t-shirts on the show (I remember one that said "OurApostle" instead of "Aeropostale"), there was an episode about them going to church at what I think was an Assembly of God church, and they used to go on speaking tours to evangelical churches (and taking donations, of course)...and now he's cheated on his wife, is wandering around with different women every week, smoking cigarettes, etc. I guess his Christian faith wasn't very deep?

And talk about them using their so-called faith to soak people out of money!!:Want To Book Jon & Kate To Speak To Your Church? You Better Read This First! | RadarOnline.com

Old 08-10-2009, 12:56 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,125,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
What happened to the Gosselins' supposed evangelical Christianity? Jon used to wear Christian t-shirts on the show (I remember one that said "OurApostle" instead of "Aeropostale"), there was an episode about them going to church at what I think was an Assembly of God church, and they used to go on speaking tours to evangelical churches (and taking donations, of course)...and now he's cheated on his wife, is wandering around with different women every week, smoking cigarettes, etc. I guess his Christian faith wasn't very deep?

And talk about them using their so-called faith to soak people out of money!!:Want To Book Jon & Kate To Speak To Your Church? You Better Read This First! | RadarOnline.com

good points--ya would think their situations would put an end to the church lectures!

Old 08-10-2009, 01:00 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,125,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Kate: I’m still wearing wedding ring for my kids - TODAY Entertainment

Kate on the Today show this morning. Not sure that I believe that she keeps her ring on "for the kids." I'm sure there are 2 sides to the Jodi and Kevin story. Other than that, she answers some of the rumors and sounds believable to me.

makes sense--i believe her

Old 08-10-2009, 01:06 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,142,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Kate is the one that does most of the cooking right?? So what if she wants a new kitchen. I want a new kitchen too.
No one cares if she got a new kitchen. They have earned enough money to pay for it. The problem I have (as do most of us here on this thread) is that she says these things are "for the kids." Get a kitchen if you want. Heck, get whatever you want. Just be truthful enough to say that having a nice kitchen will make your life easier or that you want a new kitchen because you spend so much time in it. Stop with the "for the kids" line when kids just need your time and love, and that can be given whether you are in a state-of-the-art kitchen or a kitchen that hasn't been redone since the 60s.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:13 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,142,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post

What I took away from her interview on the Today show (I only saw the first part...not the second) was that when they announced she would be on later, they flashed her on the screen waiting in the green room and she had a big smile on her face. Suddenly, she remembered what her PR people told her...look humbled, look sad, be softspoken, etc...and her big smile suddenly turned to a "poor me" face.

I felt just like I feel when I watch the show...manipulated by what has become nothing more than a PR machine. Get over it, Kate. You are getting a divorce. Your husband is an idiot and you are now in charge of raising your kids. Welcome to what millions of other single mothers are going through, only they actually have to do it alone and on a smaller salary. You have PR people, money for a staff and loads of money and freebies rolling in. Your situation would be tragic if it had come out of the blue, but after 10 years of treating your husband like crap, he found someone who satisfies his need to pretend he's a teenager without a care in the world. His life is more pathetic than yours because he is trying to be someone he's not, but yours isn't any more tragic than anyone else who finds out their spouse isn't who they thought they were. The public backlash is going to get harsher soon and for your kids sake, it's time to pull the plug on this runaway train.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:17 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,636,814 times
Yo, SNAP!
But soooo true!

Old 08-10-2009, 01:21 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,133,270 times
I continue to be perplexed at those who oppose Jon going out or going out with whomever on the days he's not allowed in his own home.
As long as he continues to act like a responsible father when he's with his children, I couldn't care less what he does when away from them.
If I were him and had been married to the shrew, I would be out doing what I wanted and as much of it as I wanted with who I wanted to. When he stops showing up for his appointed time with his children--then folks can,should and will complain. Until then---go for it Jon!!

As for the shrew and her wedding ring explanation---give me a freakin break!! As if the kids don't know what's going on. She said they watch the show, so they know-ok Kate??? Why lie to them anyway? Kids know things and if lied to they become confused. She loves playing the martyr.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:27 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,568,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
What I took away from her interview on the Today show (I only saw the first part...not the second) was that when they announced she would be on later, they flashed her on the screen waiting in the green room and she had a big smile on her face. Suddenly, she remembered what her PR people told her...look humbled, look sad, be softspoken, etc...and her big smile suddenly turned to a "poor me" face.

I felt just like I feel when I watch the show...manipulated by what has become nothing more than a PR machine. Get over it, Kate. You are getting a divorce. Your husband is an idiot and you are now in charge of raising your kids. Welcome to what millions of other single mothers are going through, only they actually have to do it alone and on a smaller salary. You have PR people, money for a staff and loads of money and freebies rolling in. Your situation would be tragic if it had come out of the blue, but after 10 years of treating your husband like crap, he found someone who satisfies his need to pretend he's a teenager without a care in the world. His life is more pathetic than yours because he is trying to be someone he's not, but yours isn't any more tragic than anyone else who finds out their spouse isn't who they thought they were. The public backlash is going to get harsher soon and for your kids sake, it's time to pull the plug on this runaway train.

Man, are you harsh. But you are 100% correct. Kate caused her husband to roll.......but now Jon's off being an a$$hole instead of just laying low and at least trying to have his kids as his No. 1 focus. Kate just needs to reprioritize her life instead of being an attention *****. Same with Jon.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:30 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,636,814 times
Responsible PARENTS
protect their children
respect their vows
die to themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV