Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 07:33 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times

Advertisements

It seems like Kate's childhood wasn't so great. Just watching the Utah plane trip episode, she said that she wants to give her kids experiences because she never got them. Not entirely sure what she means there.

In any case, I can't imagine taking 1 child on a plane, much less 8! My poor future children will never go anywhere... I have a complete breakdown just getting on the plane (and am near hospitalization if the plane is delayed) by myself... with kids it would be 100% worse.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:19 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,964,084 times
To answer one of my own questions: Last night, I watched an episode where they answered emails. Kate said that Jon's mother told her that she shouldn't expect any of their children to look like her because "Asian genes are very dominent", so they will always trump the caucasian ones.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:43 PM

932 posts, read 1,273,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Kate said that Jon's mother told her that she shouldn't expect any of their children to look like her because "Asian genes are very dominent", so they will always trump the caucasian ones.
That may be true...My hubby is Japanese and both kids look VERY much like him! They have my dark brown hair- but thats all! lol. We know a couple where the dad is cambodian (? not sure exactly) and his wife is white, and both their kids look like their dad as well... ?

Anyways...I do like this show, quite a bit actually. I have a 9 year old and a (almost) 2 year old and lose my mind some days! God only knows what I would be like trying to corral 8 little monsters! lol

Yeah, kate may bring some undue stress on herself ( the ice cream incident at disney comes to mind) but I think shes trying so hard to stay organized and keep track of them all (and doing a pretty darn good job- better than I could- thats for sure!). Yes, she snaps at Jon- but I have been known to snap at my hubby too- especially if kids are sick or been cranky all day and its worse if I'm not feeling good! And hubby snaps at me when he comes home from a tough day and I'm on him right when he walks in the door.

I think all of us would probably cringe to see ourselves on TV and see how we speak to others when we are not at the top of our game! I know I would!

Old 02-26-2008, 06:52 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
I give Kate credit for just getting out of bed everyday.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:41 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommiewrites View Post
I think all of us would probably cringe to see ourselves on TV and see how we speak to others when we are not at the top of our game! I know I would!
AMEN.

My husband and I have watched this together and agree that some conflicts are universal among families. Apparently, no matter how many kids you have, there will alway be-

*One parent who is more organized than the other
*A child who is more dramatic than the others
*Travel challenges
*Mealtime frustration from time to time
*Unique family quirks- for the Gosselins, it's wardrobe
*A shared bond that makes it work

Old 03-02-2008, 05:07 PM

16 posts, read 74,149 times
I don't watch the entire show, but will look at it sometimes during commercials of other shows I watch at that time. I am not partial to small children, personally.

I prefer "Little People, Big World" with the Roloffs. I think the new season starts tomorrow night, and Matt Roloff''s court case is on.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:08 PM

16 posts, read 74,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I've been watching and I can't seem to stop. I'm single and do not, DO NOT, want kids. I've felt this way for many years. I'm amazed at how they make things work. I also feel that Kate talks down to Jon sometimes. In one episode, Kate didn't like Jon's short fuse when he put a kid in timeout. She disagreed with him in front of the kids. Not a good idea when it comes to discipline.

I was also surprised that Jon picks out Kate's clothes. I found that strange. But if it works for them, so be it.
You aren't alone. I knew when I was about eight years old that I didn't want to be a mother to human children. It turned out that I did have kids, but I gave them up for adoption. Some people aren't parent material and at least we recognize it.

I love our pet birds, though!

Old 03-02-2008, 05:55 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikkit View Post
I prefer "Little People, Big World" with the Roloffs. I think the new season starts tomorrow night, and Matt Roloff''s court case is on.
I like LPBW too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikkit View Post
You aren't alone. I knew when I was about eight years old that I didn't want to be a mother to human children. It turned out that I did have kids, but I gave them up for adoption. Some people aren't parent material and at least we recognize it.

I love our pet birds, though!
I give you credit for knowing that being a parent isn't for you. I'm sure you've brought joy to those that were lucky enough to get the babies.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:13 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,597,080 times
Loved the skiing episode. I felt so bad when they had to land in Boise and it took several more attempts to finally make it to Utah. That home in Park City was really nice. I'm glad Kate started feeling better and she got some much overdue pampering. She has such good friends to come and help out. It was cute to see the kids in ski school. I didn't think any of them would end up going back the next day. It was nice to see Jon have some fun. He said he felt young again. It's nice to see the parents are trying their best to offer new experiences to their kids and like Kate said, even though it takes a lot out of she & Jon as parents, it's well worth it. It doesn't hurt that various places have picked up the tab a few times either.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:41 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,862 times
They let them come for free, but imagine what that kind of promotion would cost! It's a win-win situation. Fun to watch, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV