Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 10:58 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,417,932 times

Advertisements

Looks good...from the navel up. But its not that flap of skin so much that she carrying around, but rather those 8 kids...what guy, in right mind, would be interested in all that "excess weight"????

Jon was supposedly off doing something fun with the wife and daughter of the doctor that performed Kate's bikini body-forming surgery.

Poor Kate...while Jon's out acting like an 18-year old who just moved out of his parent's house, Kate's going to be stuck raising all those kids herself. Oh wait, didn't she say she's been doing it all herself all along and that Jon was useless????

Old 06-02-2009, 11:16 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,946,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post

Poor Kate...while Jon's out acting like an 18-year old who just moved out of his parent's house, Kate's going to be stuck raising all those kids herself. Oh wait, didn't she say she's been doing it all herself all along and that Jon was useless????
That's pretty much what she says, yes.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:08 PM

206 posts, read 613,772 times
poor kate gone for 20 out of 30 days and jon is taking care of thr kids then plus kate has helpers ( nanny) so why dont everyone just leave them alone to work it out

Old 06-02-2009, 01:01 PM

50,081 posts, read 63,445,200 times
I haven't read all the posts, so I'll just plunge ahead anyway..
I wish J&K had not had the pre-season show in which they talked about their separation. I don't want to hear about that, and the whole thing was very depressing.
The two new episodes I just watched made it clear that Jon and Kate have an arrangement in which one or the other is always with the children. I'm OK with that, and that's all I want to know. They were on the same couch and were civil with each other..also good.
The kids seem very happy and I do not think the show is at all upsetting to them as some have said.
I just want Jon to be happy, and I hope that Kate could fix her narcisistic/shut down emotionally ways, and they all could live happily ever after.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:45 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,418,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I haven't read all the posts, so I'll just plunge ahead anyway..
I wish J&K had not had the pre-season show in which they talked about their separation. I don't want to hear about that, and the whole thing was very depressing.
The two new episodes I just watched made it clear that Jon and Kate have an arrangement in which one or the other is always with the children. I'm OK with that, and that's all I want to know. They were on the same couch and were civil with each other..also good.
The kids seem very happy and I do not think the show is at all upsetting to them as some have said.
I just want Jon to be happy, and I hope that Kate could fix her narcisistic/shut down emotionally ways, and they all could live happily ever after.
The episodes that were shown on Monday were filmed months ago and imo, a 'happily ever after' for these two is unlikely. I can't imagine what kind of 'arrangement' they will eventually work out.

I suppose TLC can find something to film for the remaining 37 episodes but domestic drama or not the show seems to have peaked. We have seen the kids decorating cakes, painting and visiting children's museums. They've been to the beach, skiing and Hawaii. We've watched them eat, sleep and play.

It seems to me that the kids should be interacting more with people outside the family but I suppose they meet people on their outings.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:13 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,326,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I got my answer about how they would film the show if they were split up at the time. Very convenient that they were always in different places. I'm jealous/irritated at their frequent travel, but, I think it was good for Maddy to get some one on one time, and I'm glad that Jon has a chance to do something he loves doing and apparently hadn't done since he got together with Kate, until their 1st trip to UT last year. Kate being an "indoor girl" bugs me. She never wants to do anything fun - skiing, snorkeling... I hope some of Jon rubs off on those girls, so they don't end up spending their adult lives in a spa.

In one episode last year Kate was actually encouraging Jon to spend more time persuing his hobbies. She said he just had to be more organized like her and plan for it. He said then that he wanted to golf and snowboard more.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:14 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,326,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LADY_DI View Post
poor kate gone for 20 out of 30 days and jon is taking care of thr kids then plus kate has helpers ( nanny) so why dont everyone just leave them alone to work it out

they probably aren't aware of this conversation. I don't think it's hindering their attempts at saving their marriage.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:24 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,058,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
In one episode last year Kate was actually encouraging Jon to spend more time persuing his hobbies. She said he just had to be more organized like her and plan for it. He said then that he wanted to golf and snowboard more.
Maybe it is more of a matter of being married to someone who doesn't share his interests, maybe not that she actually kept him from doing any of it. And having 8 kids in 5 years, of course, makes it hard to golf and ski.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:32 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,417,932 times
Just curious...at what point does everyone define the J&K+8 series as "jumping the shark"?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,058,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Just curious...at what point does everyone define the J&K+8 series as "jumping the shark"?
perhaps the trip to HI. That trip was so over the top awesome, beyond the means of any normal family. I think that is where the show changed for me. As if going to HI wasn't enough, they went to San Diego on the way! My best friend lives on Oahu and said the resort where they stayed on Maui is THE nicest one in the state. Just knowing they got all that travel for free irked me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV