Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 07:39 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Just curious...at what point does everyone define the J&K+8 series as "jumping the shark"?
When they posed for the Good Housekeeping cover.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:33 PM

862 posts, read 1,643,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I have to agree with you, I am not a big Kate fan but I thought it kinda stunk that Jon was gone on her birthday, even if they are having issues there are things you do for the sake of your kids. At least show up at Charm City Cakes. Not that I don't think to some degree she brought this one herself.
Maybe Kate asked Jon not to show up for her birthday - so it was his birthday gift to her.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:08 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Maybe it is more of a matter of being married to someone who doesn't share his interests, maybe not that she actually kept him from doing any of it. And having 8 kids in 5 years, of course, makes it hard to golf and ski.
No...I'm not implying that she kept him from doing it. If you read my post I said she encouraged him.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:21 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
No...I'm not implying that she kept him from doing it. If you read my post I said she encouraged him.
So she said. I just mean, if you are married to a person who likes to snowboard, you are probably more likely to go than if you are married to someone who doesn't like to. I'm not even saying she did or did not "let" him go, I'm just saying it is not a common interest for them.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:55 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
Maybe Kate asked Jon not to show up for her birthday - so it was his birthday gift to her.
Then, the least he could have done, was wrap it!

Old 06-03-2009, 05:00 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,954,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
perhaps the trip to HI. That trip was so over the top awesome, beyond the means of any normal family. I think that is where the show changed for me.
I commented on that episode a while ago in the original Jon and Kate thread. I felt as if they were just going through the motions of a vow renewal ceremony. There didn't seem to be any real love or affection between the two of them, but rather another free trip somewhere, and Kate making sure the girls got their spa treatments, nice dresses, and that everyone was in place. I see video of their original wedding and they really looked like they were in love.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:23 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
It jumped the shark for me when Jodi was kicked off and there began to be obvious nannies to do Kate's bidding. It had become more and more obvious that J&K were no longer a regular family (the draw of the show was watching an ordinary family in extraordinary circumstances, right?) and I found it quite strange that they couldn't seem to get along with anybody, particularly relatives, for more than a year or two.

I think I've missed the last two seasons.. does that timing sound about right for the nanny thing?

Old 06-03-2009, 08:30 AM

90 posts, read 177,045 times
Kate should drop her "poor me" act, like when she said it's my birthday and I have to bake my own cake, but then again I bake my birthday cake every year anyways. Oh, poor Kate. I guess having a cake master do birthday cakes for her is what she wanted all along. I am fed up with her antics, get off the air for pete's sake. Going to the spa with an 8 year old, like an 8 year old knows what to do at a spa, give me a break. People, take a good look at where your money's going, in Kate's luxurious life of a movie star. She says it's for the kids, YEAH RIGHT!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:09 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
It jumped the shark for me when Jodi was kicked off and there began to be obvious nannies to do Kate's bidding. It had become more and more obvious that J&K were no longer a regular family (the draw of the show was watching an ordinary family in extraordinary circumstances, right?) and I found it quite strange that they couldn't seem to get along with anybody, particularly relatives, for more than a year or two.

I think I've missed the last two seasons.. does that timing sound about right for the nanny thing?
That sounds about right. I think Jodi and Beth disappeared, a nanny was hired, and the trip to HI all happened around the same time. Even for the ski trip to Utah last winter, they still had help from Beth and Jodi. Jodi flew all the way out there just to turn around and fly home and help with the kids on the plane.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:47 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
If anyone is interested, Jon is in the newest People magazine.

Jon Gosselin Speaks Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post

FWIW, I read that Jodi and her husband (Kate's brother) are writing a tell all book and are shopping for a publisher. surprise, surprise.

It's all about money IMO...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV