Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2009, 04:32 PM

893 posts, read 1,579,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
If the bodyguard did it she'd probably enjoy it.
Yeah but the way she treats Jon...and those looks, He needs to go John Wayne on her while the camera is rolling and not stop until she is sobbing.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:03 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,460,704 times
Radar Online is reporting that they will announce they are getting a divorce on next weeks episode.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:41 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,906,106 times
Anything for the ratings and the freebies that will pave their way for the rest of their lives. Pathetic freeloaders.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:59 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
Radar Online is reporting that they will announce they are getting a divorce on next weeks episode.
This will not end the show though. Kate is going to continue to milk this. She will write books about single motherhood and being divorced. Next fall there will be a spinoff show Kate + 8 on the weekends.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:10 PM

862 posts, read 1,642,497 times
I think they should change the show t0 8 - Jon and Kate and just show the kids at school or at home with babysittetrs/helpers/nannies.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:30 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,214 times
I think when they announce they are getting divorced those that still watched the show will start to die off. Not everyone has had 6 kids at once but a lot of people have been through divorce so watching them isn't that interesting.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:28 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,151,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I think when they announce they are getting divorced those that still watched the show will start to die off. Not everyone has had 6 kids at once but a lot of people have been through divorce so watching them isn't that interesting.
Interesting you should mention that. While the first episode of the season was record-breaking (people tuned in to see what was going on), according to this week's newest ratings:

"Jon & Kate this Monday welcomed a mere 2.9 mil into their tense little home. That marks a week-to-week drop of 33 percent and a whopping 70 percent plunge from the heralded season premiere."

I have stopped watching (though for some reason, I continue to blog about them ) and am very happy to see that I'm not the only one. Kate better start writing her little fingers off so she can bring in money for her books because TLC isn't going to keep a show around that is bringing bad publicity and costing a fortune. Trading Spaces, and all those home improvement shows were axed when they didn't bring in the ratings. J&K are heading down that path, thank God! Since neither one of them seem willing to call it quits for the sake of their children, perhaps the Neilsen ratings will do it for them.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:44 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,476,619 times
Quote:
I think they should change the show t0 8 - Jon and Kate and just show the kids at school or at home with babysittetrs/helpers/nannies.
There is plenty of speculation on this. A media person was enthusiastic at the thought that the announcement might be 'a separation' and that there would be reconciliation. I don't think that is how it will go.

Another commented that while few families have twins and sextuplets many have dealt with the effects of divorce and wouldn't be inclined to tune in.

At any rate--contracts were signed and over 30 episodes are to be forthcoming.

I'd say someone at TLC 'crunched some numbers' prior to extending an offer for another season and decided if they could get several episodes with extremely high ratings then it was a risk worth taking.
That does not increase my regard for TLC and/or J & K.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:36 AM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter what she was drinking. My problem is that at least one of the kids was thirsty, she told them no, then drank in front of them. It's not about WHAT she was drinking, but that she drank in front of her kids when one was thirsty.

If it was vodka and she has to have a drink that badly, then she needs to get help or give the kids to Jon. But I think it was plain old water.
Those that saw the original video when it came out, she gave drinks to those that asked, but was trying to give an interview. It was supposed to be a quick interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
Yes, the episode on Monday will not be the originally planned episode.
Last night, on the channel guide there was nothing under what the show was about; today it says:
Houses & Big changes - couple makes announcement

Jon is shopping for an apartment in NY from what I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Actually, the new Sextuplet show on WE TV is pretty good.
Jon & Kate have actual competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
because TLC isn't going to keep a show around that is bringing bad publicity and costing a fortune. J&K are heading down that path, thank God! Since neither one of them seem willing to call it quits for the sake of their children, perhaps the Neilsen ratings will do it for them.
I guess time will tell.
I'm actually enjoying the show more without the tension that's there when Jon is shown.

Personally, I think J&K should stop; but if they continue while being separated I would still watch for now. I'm not a die-hard fan though. Its something I record and have not seen every episode from last year with all of the trips.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:32 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,334,139 times
I really don't watch the show but because I like American Chopper, I watched it the other night.
I hate to see people split up and I'm always hoping there is a way for them to work things out or at least give it another shot before giving up entirely.
I'd really like for them to work it out, not only for the sake of the kids but because I like fairy tale endings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.