Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 02:36 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,132,032 times

Advertisements

i think it was the last interview--maybe people????who remembers--these mags all look alike to me--but it was on one of those tv shows like tv guide,inside edition don't remember which one-don't watch them regularly--but since there is no marriage counseling going on imo it must be so---especially since he's the one being excited to start a new life and she's the one stating that he refused to talk to her about the marriage issues----this was on the tlc special

Last edited by returningtonepa???; 07-09-2009 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: added more info

Old 07-09-2009, 03:45 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
i think it was the last interview--maybe people????who remembers--these mags all look alike to me--but it was on one of those tv shows like tv guide,inside edition don't remember which one-don't watch them regularly--but since there is no marriage counseling going on imo it must be so---especially since he's the one being excited to start a new life and she's the one stating that he refused to talk to her about the marriage issues----this was on the tlc special
A) they could have tried counseling at one time and it didn't help, and is no longer going on.

B) all those magazines are not alike. People Mag doing an interview with Jon or Kate is WAY different than getting statements from a neighbor, friend, relative, brother of Jon's supposed girlfriend, employee at the tanning salon, etc.

So, we don't know for sure that free counseling was ever offered; and we don't know for sure that it was refused. I agree at this point, they don't appear to be in counseling, but you can't conclude from that, that "Jon refused free marriage counseling."

Old 07-09-2009, 05:30 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
My post was not about capitalizing it is about statements I read on here such as "Jon cheated" "they both cheated." "Kate is gone 20 out of 30 days" "he even refused free marital counseling" "Kate had a breast lift". They are stated as if they are fact, when, really, none of us know everything that goes on with them. I tend to believe what I see on the show and what I have read straight from their mouths in People. Everything else is a tabloid, and 2nd hand info. All the other posters wanted to know is where did you hear he refused free marriage counseling?

I think returningtonepa was referring to me in regards to typing in all caps.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
i'm new to typing and capitalize just for emphasis--am not a yeller??

in a poor marriage there are always 2 issues---but if both couples are mature enough--they can usually work things out----i do put a lot of the emphasis on j as usually it's the passive-agressive person that sets the tone for and controls the marriage

I am sorry but I don't agree with you, not only do we as the general public not know what has been going on behind the scenes between Jon and Kate for the last 10 yrs, we also don't know if they have tried counseling or not. It is easy as outsiders looking in to place blame on either one or the other, I admit that I blame Kate more than Jon and have stated enough times that I don't agree with the way she treats Jon. For what it is worth my sister-in-law treats her husband the exact same and then wonders why he doesn't want to be around her. Respect goes along way in a relationship. Do I agree with Jon's actions at this point and time, no I don't. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree in regards to this, maybe I don't see women treating their husbands like that because I tend to hang out with people who have the same kind of views I do.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
A) they could have tried counseling at one time and it didn't help, and is no longer going on.

B) all those magazines are not alike. People Mag doing an interview with Jon or Kate is WAY different than getting statements from a neighbor, friend, relative, brother of Jon's supposed girlfriend, employee at the tanning salon, etc.

So, we don't know for sure that free counseling was ever offered; and we don't know for sure that it was refused. I agree at this point, they don't appear to be in counseling, but you can't conclude from that, that "Jon refused free marriage counseling."
i didn't conclude it as i stated it was expressed by kate in one of the magazines that he refused---and -in my opinion those magazines are all the same to me especially since i do not subscribe or read them regularly-and if he had okayed counseling they would still be in it cause it would take a long time to fix that marriage-------
now if you know differently please quote your source!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I am sorry but I don't agree with you, not only do we as the general public not know what has been going on behind the scenes between Jon and Kate for the last 10 yrs, we also don't know if they have tried counseling or not. It is easy as outsiders looking in to place blame on either one or the other, I admit that I blame Kate more than Jon and have stated enough times that I don't agree with the way she treats Jon. For what it is worth my sister-in-law treats her husband the exact same and then wonders why he doesn't want to be around her. Respect goes along way in a relationship. Do I agree with Jon's actions at this point and time, no I don't. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree in regards to this, maybe I don't see women treating their husbands like that because I tend to hang out with people who have the same kind of views I do.
i only make my statements generically based on the types of behaviors i see in the families i encounter-----again passive agressive poor communicators generally put a great burden on the other partnr--forcing the other partner to make the decisions,whining about responsibility,making the other person seem more dominant and controlling to outsiders---most people not involved with troubled families cannot see this--so i am trying to educate----like many pa people ,men like jon play the victim really well garnering plenty of female sympathy

Old 07-11-2009, 08:06 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
You're right..it doesn't happen in one day. But it sure as heck can happen over time. Especially when people get married young. You think love will get you through anything. WRONG.

Their marriage fell apart. The "blame", if we really really must blame someone...goes to them both.
I'm sure it does. But I'm also sure that when one party (Jon) refuses to discuss "issues" with the second party (Kate) you can pretty much blame Jon for not "trying".

Old 07-11-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
I'm sure it does. But I'm also sure that when one party (Jon) refuses to discuss "issues" with the second party (Kate) you can pretty much blame Jon for not "trying".

And the reason we know this is because Kate said it? I think right now Kate would say anything to get people on her side, I am sure she knows how alot of people feel about her. How do we know Jon hasn't been "trying" for the last several years and Kate didn't want to hear it? There are alot of speculations on here about something that none of us know anything about, all we know is what they allow us to see on their weekly show and what the press comes out with. That any of us would take what the press says as the truth is actually kinda sad. The more drama the more sales. Both Jon and Kate are to blame, he for allowing her to treat him like she has, and her for treating him that way. I guess I was raised to respect my husband and if I have anything hateful to say to him I do it behind closed doors. BTW had Jon been the one to talk to Kate like she talks to him I would have been equally bothered by it. There has to be a balance in a relationship and there is not one in theirs. Sad to see that the 2 of them can't put on their big boy and girl panties and make their marriage work since they chose to bring 8 children into the world. These 2 took big measures to bring these kids into the world and they need to take big measures to keep their familiy together. There were no "accident's" in regards to their pregnancies they went through a very expensive and complicated process to have their kids, so to both of them I say "suck it up and grow up."

Last edited by ajzjmsmom; 07-11-2009 at 09:42 PM..

Old 07-11-2009, 11:08 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
Jon is offered to work on his clothing line in France:

Jon and Kate Plus 8: Jon Gosselin going to France to work with Christian Audigier on a clothing line

Jon hand in hand with his girlfriend:

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/jon-g...france-2009117

Kate's book and clothing line are not doing well:

Jon and Kate Plus 8: Huge drop in ratings, Kate's new book and clothing line in jeopardy

Old 07-12-2009, 02:11 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Jon is offered to work on his clothing line in France:

Jon and Kate Plus 8: Jon Gosselin going to France to work with Christian Audigier on a clothing line

Jon hand in hand with his girlfriend:

News - Jon Gosselin Holds Hands With New Girlfriend in France! | Usmagazine.com

Good for him. I hope he's very happy and I also hope the new love in his life respects him,appreciates him and loves him back.
Kate's book and clothing line are not doing well:

Jon and Kate Plus 8: Huge drop in ratings, Kate's new book and clothing line in jeopardy
Maybe she should go back to nursing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV