U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-30-2008, 10:42 PM

747 posts, read 825,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
two words for the naysayers: BUTT OUT
It's a reality show. It's put out there for those who enjoy watching it to talk about the good AND the bad. If they felt the same way about people butting out they should stop filming the show. Simple as that. THEY CHOSE to put themselves and their children in the limelight. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:10 PM

747 posts, read 825,646 times
FWIW I do like this show. And watch it all the time. But I'm not a koolaid drinker.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:39 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,033,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
I finally got to see the Maui Wedding episode and omg it was just precious. It was too cute when kids put the lei's around their parents neck after the ceremony and when they little one's danced together during their parents first dance.

I wish I could afford fancy vacations and a million dollar home. Maybe if my wife goes to a fertility clinic and has a litter.....

Old 12-03-2008, 09:40 AM

3,254 posts, read 3,308,148 times
Moderator cut: deleted

This is a fine tv show. They do lots of travelling, more than i would want to with that many children. I have kids and it is no picnic travelling with them. John had family in Hawaii and that is why they went there to get married again. If I was given a free trip to visit some of my family I had not seen since i was a child, I would gladly take that trip. Connecting with family is very important.

Last edited by Beretta; 12-04-2008 at 06:23 PM..

Old 12-03-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
John had family in Hawaii and that is why they went there to get married again. If I was given a free trip to visit some of my family I had not seen since i was a child, I would gladly take that trip. Connecting with family is very important.
But it seems that Jon and Kate have shut out their extended families. There seem to be no grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc around. There is a strange absence of extended family with Jon and Kate.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:46 AM

632 posts, read 1,222,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I wish I could afford fancy vacations and a million dollar home. Maybe if my wife goes to a fertility clinic and has a litter.....

If you don't like the show and/or the Gosslings then turn the channel. That's the beauty of modern technology. You don't even have to get up to do it. Push the button on your remote and watch something else.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
If you don't like the show and/or the Gosslings then turn the channel. That's the beauty of modern technology. You don't even have to get up to do it. Push the button on your remote and watch something else.

My wife watches it. I do leave the room anymore and do something else.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:14 AM

7,106 posts, read 12,906,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
But it seems that Jon and Kate have shut out their extended families. There seem to be no grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc around. There is a strange absence of extended family with Jon and Kate.
How do you know it isn't the other way around?

Old 12-04-2008, 10:23 AM

1,730 posts, read 2,584,195 times
It wasn't Kool-Aid that they drank it was Flavor Aid. And there is nothing wrong with using the term drinking the Kool-Aid. It that is the worst insult someone can give I wouldn't complain. I have been accused of a lot worse lol.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:06 PM

7,106 posts, read 12,906,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
I have questions about certain things, like why all of a sudden Aunt Jodi is no longer a part of the show. And I am allowed to have questions, and research them. If I disliked Jon & Kate I would be allowed to do that to.
It was due to the gum incident which got blown way out of proportion.
I don't watch for Jodi, could care less if she never appears again.

The gum show actually soured me on the show. I thought it was pretty low the way TLC edited the show. There were things said that didn't need to be shown and by way of editing probably sounded worst then they were.

They did this with the Roloff's as well.
Matt has stated many times about how things are cut and edited, not necessarily in order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.