Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 10:34 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,448,690 times

Advertisements

Something that bothered me>>>

Kate was signing books, 'Multiple Blessings' and a girl told her that she enjoyed the episode in which they purchased the dogs. Kate told her she could have them if her mother agreed. She didn't smile or lol or try to soften the message.

sigh--Maybe it was Jon's idea to get the dogs and that is how deep her animosity toward him goes. I have to wonder why the breeder or rescue groups don't at least email TLC and ask them to edit around her irritation with the dogs. This is a big deal to me. It is one thing to be 'finished' with your husband and annoyed at assorted others but have some mercy on the animals.

I could probably compile a list of similar remarks--much too painful to watch or remember.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:44 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,108,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Something that bothered me>>>

Kate was signing books, 'Multiple Blessings' and a girl told her that she enjoyed the episode in which they purchased the dogs. Kate told her she could have them if her mother agreed. She didn't smile or lol or try to soften the message.

sigh--Maybe it was Jon's idea to get the dogs and that is how deep her animosity toward him goes. I have to wonder why the breeder or rescue groups don't at least email TLC and ask them to edit around her irritation with the dogs. This is a big deal to me. It is one thing to be 'finished' with your husband and annoyed at assorted others but have some mercy on the animals.

I could probably compile a list of similar remarks--much too painful to watch or remember.
That bothered me too. Why would such a clean freak agree to get 2 dogs? She shouldn't have taken them in, and she shouldn't have said that to the girl.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:48 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,127,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
Jon and Kate have a very complicated situation. On the one hand they were both too immature to have married so young and have so many children on top of that has made a bad matter worse. They should never have had the last six kids on top of the twins. Jon was not finished growing up before having to assume parental responsibility for such a big family and because of this, Kate has had to pretty much run the family. Sure, she has really been verbally abusive to Jon but in reality, he has been more like another child for her to raise than an equal-partner husband. If she didn't assume control then the family would flounder. But on the other hand, she (and Jon as well) is constantly telling the audience that her life is "all about the kids." No marriage can thrive if the marital relationship isn't the priority for the couple. If this marriage fails then the show will likely go away and neither parent has the earning capacity to support all those kids away from the media and fan spotlight.

Bottom line is that Jon needs to grow up, Kate needs to back off, and they both need to make the marriage their number one priority. The show is still the mainstay of their income stream so they should keep doing that, but they should stop all the other outside involvements that keep Kate away from home and start working on the couple relationship. The children can't help but benefit from their parent's renewed commitment to each other but conversely, they can't help but suffer if parents don't make their marriage the number one priority.
at last a comment that makes sense!

Old 05-26-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
That bothered me too. Why would such a clean freak agree to get 2 dogs? She shouldn't have taken them in, and she shouldn't have said that to the girl.
I don't know but every time she shrieked that a pup piddled on the carpet and said 'I'm going to get rid of them' and the kids had to quickly clean the spot I wanted somebody--?? camera person?? --anyone to say --'You need to calm down.'

I notice the kids make little comments about the 'Issues' Kate has dramatized for them--such as staying clean. I can only hope that the teachers/school can demonstrate less neurotic responses.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:28 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,933,782 times
What I don't get is how do they go from renewing their vows and telling their kids they'll be together forever just 8 or 9 months ago to this??? The "vows" must've totally been staged.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:29 AM

1,081 posts, read 1,645,010 times
Kate & Jon decided as adults to have this many kids. It's now time for both of them to put on their adult panties, stop this selfish *BS* and get to the raising of those kids TOGETHER.

If Kate wants to write books, fine. Just don't take it on the road. Oh, and her martyr routine, drop it. She is reveling in all these little ones being so completely dependent on her. This growing world revolves around her and she is in her glory!

If Jon is so emasculated and can't put up with it anymore, why doesn't he say anything? Has he ever once pulled her aside (away from the kids) and spoken up? C'mon, grow a pair! No wonder she treats him like a child!

I feel for the twins because you can see how each of them are already starting to pick up personality traits from their parents and they seem to be becoming live in babysitters for the other 6.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
What I don't get is how do they go from renewing their vows and telling their kids they'll be together forever just 8 or 9 months ago to this??? The "vows" must've totally been staged.
I wonder about the renewal of vows also. If they had been having some serious discussions about the future then I can understand that this was a good opportunity to make one last attempt in the name of Love.

At this point every word they have spoken about 'values' is tinged with hypocrisy.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:53 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,452,750 times
Sometimes it's interesting to read threads in retrospect. This one, especially, given the recent events in their lives and last night's (5/25/09) beginning episode to the new season.

Congratulations...Anyone predicting that the marriage would not last, wins. Anyone who said that Jon & Kate really do love each other, loses.

No way could a marriage survive this situation. Kate can now only relate to children and handles Jon like the 9th kid..."Kate + 9" should be the new name of the show. Jon should go out and recapture his lost youth with that 23-year-old teacher. Don't worry about the kids...Kate will take care of all that in her own OCD way and alienate any adult who tries to help out. She's a control freak...and for that, there is no cure.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:53 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,519,005 times
She did the renewal for the free trip, she does everything for the free stuff she gets. She is a sick person, says it's all about the kids. It's all about her! Like a posting said earlier whatever happen to celebrate multiple births do a one hour show, years later follow up with them. Kate loves the fame and $$.

Last edited by LQQKOUT; 05-26-2009 at 12:19 PM..

Old 05-26-2009, 12:05 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,108,318 times
I would like to think that the vow renewal was a real attempt at moving forward together. That was last summer, and she said things have been bad for about 6 months, so that would be December. Maybe their words were sincere at the time. Or, maybe a free trip to HI and a wedding were offered, so that's what they took.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.