U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 05-30-2009, 10:27 AM
 
8,863 posts, read 8,594,814 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
If this is true, it may be due to the backlash that has developed over the first show and their real life family situation. Remember, if the golden goose stops laying eggs....it all stops...for eveyone.
At the end of Season 4 they signed a contract for Season 5 although we know Jon 'can't just be Jon but must be 'J &K Plus 8'.

'If' what we have learned from Aunt Jodi is true--then the crew has always had to work around the fights between J & K.

It would be very difficult for me to 'pretend' to have a relatively normal family life if I actually wanted to seek a divorce.

They can continue as long as they wish but I think they are beyond 'tacky'.

 
Old 05-30-2009, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Denver area
16,987 posts, read 11,994,336 times
Reputation: 19091
Quote:
At the end of Season 4 they signed a contract for Season 5
Two things: one - if they signed a contract, then they are legally bound to follow through. That is the point of a contract. Two: notice the "they" part? It isn't just Kate. Jon signs the contract too. They are both guilty of "w****ing them out" or whatever. Jon could certainly have declined to sign the contract. He benefits from this gravy train too.
 
Old 05-30-2009, 10:39 AM
 
8,863 posts, read 8,594,814 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Two things: one - if they signed a contract, then they are legally bound to follow through. That is the point of a contract. Two: notice the "they" part? It isn't just Kate. Jon signs the contract too. They are both guilty of "w****ing them out" or whatever. Jon could certainly have declined to sign the contract. He benefits from this gravy train too.
Some TV 'people' speculated last night that TLC's statement: 'We will continue to air this show as long as the viewers watch and the family is interested in going forward...'

Could mean that if J & K wanted to stop there might be a clause that would allow filming to cease ASAP.

Maybe they can come up with something that will interest enough people. I've learned enough about them. They are young, made some choices that required alternatives and actually managed to do an above average job rearing 8 children and now they, as so many others have done before them, need to reassess. It is 'Work'/not Entertainment for me.
 
Old 05-30-2009, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Denver area
16,987 posts, read 11,994,336 times
Reputation: 19091
Quote:
'We will continue to air this show as long as the viewers watch and the family is interested in going forward...'
I would take that to meant that as long as there is viewer interest, TLC would continue to offer them contract renewals. Once they sign, they are obligated for whatever term they signed to. Otherwise, what's the point? JMHO
 
Old 05-30-2009, 11:15 AM
 
8,863 posts, read 8,594,814 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I would take that to meant that as long as there is viewer interest, TLC would continue to offer them contract renewals. Once they sign, they are obligated for whatever term they signed to. Otherwise, what's the point? JMHO
I'm certain both sides are ably represented by legal counsel.

I really don't care.

Possibly there are many viewers in the age group of J & K that would be interested in watching them resolve their marital issues--or not.
 
Old 05-30-2009, 02:05 PM
 
Location: USA
1,107 posts, read 1,702,948 times
Reputation: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I know for me this story that they are still having this show makes me very angry. I know a lot of you are too. The issue is what we can do about it. Whatever Jon and Kate do will be what they do. What we as viewers and I 'm not sure how to target TLC to take this show off. People when a show gets cancelled have kept a show on . I do think if people stop focusing on Jon and Kate and turn to the unresponsively way that TLC is showing this show it would help. Kids watch this show. Also those 8 kids are being exploded while it is being aired the divorce or separation of their parents. Perhaps we all should have never watched because to say now that the kids are being hurt makes no sense because living as a child with the camera in your face which is not like a child actor because the camera is in your home. It films while you go to the bathroom. cry, sleep, eat. I have wrote complaints and they just send this standard yes we know thing. Has anyone called the station? I did something that most likely won't come to anything but I wrote Gloria Aldridge a e-mail. She is the lawyer that really stepped in to try and protect the Octo Mom kids. I believe she has a law suit against her. Someone needs to step up and help these children and the first thing is to get this show off the air. If anyone has any good idea how to band together so TLC hears it let me know. We can talk here all day but TLC put the show on and if they get enough negative feedback they will take it off.
Amen. I have already written to TLC twice. Their response was " we are taking all opinions into consideration, and do not set out to upset the public with our programming." However, I saw on another website that TLC announced that they have NO intention of cancelling this program, they will continue as long as it is popular, and the Gosselins want to. So again, who is suffering here ? The children. Kate's greed drives her to travel all over the country to make more money, when SHE should be staying home with those children instead of leaving strangers and her husband to do it. She has become a fat headed egotistic monster. Her interest lie more in $$$$$$, than the children. So she gets body guards to "protect them". Is she THAT stupid to think that the chaos of having big body guards stepping in front of them fending off the photographers while the photographers are yelling things at Kate is not good for the children ? Children are not mean to live that way. Together for the sake of money, TLC and "Diva" Gosselin will ruin this marriage and family.
 
Old 05-30-2009, 02:08 PM
 
Location: USA
1,107 posts, read 1,702,948 times
Reputation: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
He benefits from this gravy train too.
Very true, but it is very apparent that he realizes he has made a mistake, and he is suffering because of this. I hope for the sake of the children he will stand up to Kate AND TLC, and refuse to sign a contract for another season. If he doesn't then he gets what he deserves.
 
Old 05-30-2009, 02:36 PM
 
Location: fla
1,512 posts, read 1,911,690 times
Reputation: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Two things: one - if they signed a contract, then they are legally bound to follow through. That is the point of a contract. Two: notice the "they" part? It isn't just Kate. Jon signs the contract too. They are both guilty of "w****ing them out" or whatever. Jon could certainly have declined to sign the contract. He benefits from this gravy train too.
what i've been trying to point out too!
 
Old 05-30-2009, 02:39 PM
 
Location: fla
1,512 posts, read 1,911,690 times
Reputation: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Very true, but it is very apparent that he realizes he has made a mistake, and he is suffering because of this. I hope for the sake of the children he will stand up to Kate AND TLC, and refuse to sign a contract for another season. If he doesn't then he gets what he deserves.
how do you know he's suffering--does he tell you !!!!

poor j he is suffering so much that he had to buy a new sports car and drown his sorrows in bars with younger girls---meanwhile kate is taking the kids out herself!
 
Old 05-30-2009, 02:40 PM
 
Location: fla
1,512 posts, read 1,911,690 times
Reputation: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Amen. I have already written to TLC twice. Their response was " we are taking all opinions into consideration, and do not set out to upset the public with our programming." However, I saw on another website that TLC announced that they have NO intention of cancelling this program, they will continue as long as it is popular, and the Gosselins want to. So again, who is suffering here ? The children. Kate's greed drives her to travel all over the country to make more money, when SHE should be staying home with those children instead of leaving strangers and her husband to do it. She has become a fat headed egotistic monster. Her interest lie more in $$$$$$, than the children. So she gets body guards to "protect them". Is she THAT stupid to think that the chaos of having big body guards stepping in front of them fending off the photographers while the photographers are yelling things at Kate is not good for the children ? Children are not mean to live that way. Together for the sake of money, TLC and "Diva" Gosselin will ruin this marriage and family.
maybe you should step in and set her straight for your family life must be perfect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:48 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top