Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 10:09 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,153,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
She says it's for the kids, YEAH RIGHT!
Yeah, remember the line from the 1st episode of the season: "Everything I do is for my kids. I breathe for my kids, I live for my kids, I wake up for my kids."

Uh-huh. Read between the lines: I wouldn't be rich if it weren't for my kids. I wouldn't get free clothes, vacations, nice cars, huge homes, become a regular at the spa if it weren't for my kids.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:13 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,153,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
When they posed for the Good Housekeeping cover.
For me, it was the baseball game with Jon and the Kids. Meeting the manager, meeting the players, sitting up in the owner's box, getting all kinds of freebies at the VIP shopping area. That was too over the top.

In hindsight, there's been a lot of freebies that weren't so obvious. Their Disneyworld trip when they stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and they had their little mouse ears all layed out for them. The trip to Utah, though that started to feel like an infomercial with all of the promotion of the kids ski school. I remember the subtle kids coat plug...something about a coat that can grow with them into a few larger sizes.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:16 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,934 times
The baseball game wasn't horrible IMO because they were guests of....someone's wife....manager, owner, whatever. A fan of the show anyway.

When they ran off Jodi and Beth and it became more and more apparent that they don't have friends or family really....its just creepy feeling. The "stop breathing so loudly" comment and the coupon tantrum were so terrible that I couldn't even defend her a little bit.

I'm still listening to news and stuff...but won't watch the show anymore.

Poor me. The Office is in reruns and I've sworn off J&K. I don't have a show. There's nothing else I watch. I'm gonna have to find one or just stick to old reruns on TBS for background noise when I'm stuck in hotel rooms.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:59 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
The baseball game wasn't horrible IMO because they were guests of....someone's wife....manager, owner, whatever. A fan of the show anyway.

When they ran off Jodi and Beth and it became more and more apparent that they don't have friends or family really....its just creepy feeling. The "stop breathing so loudly" comment and the coupon tantrum were so terrible that I couldn't even defend her a little bit.

I'm still listening to news and stuff...but won't watch the show anymore.

Poor me. The Office is in reruns and I've sworn off J&K. I don't have a show. There's nothing else I watch. I'm gonna have to find one or just stick to old reruns on TBS for background noise when I'm stuck in hotel rooms.
Ya, the coupon thing was a big one for me too. I have joked to my husband that I would "go all Kate on him" if he did (fill in the blank), after that coupon episode.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:36 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
The "stop breathing so loudly" comment and the coupon tantrum were so terrible that I couldn't even defend her a little bit
From what I remember of the breathing episode, he was breathing loud. I think his mic was to blame.

Quote:
I don't have a show. There's nothing else I watch. I'm gonna have to find one or just stick to old reruns on TBS for background noise when I'm stuck in hotel rooms.
Tori & Dean is good.
The kids are adorable.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:56 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times
I guess what bothers me about Jon and Kate and there are many is that these perks and free stuff tend to get pushed in your face. As the show went on it seem more and more that is this was happening. Last year Kate acted like some queen bee like as if she did something to earn these things. I guess there are a lot of families out there they are made up of different situations. They had these blessing like I said before in this age when years ago they may not even have children unless they adopted. So to me they are earning money off that blessing. I don't feel watching them is getting any info from this show that means anything. If at times it feels like a slap in the face when so many people are loosing there homes , jobs and when it is only a dream to take there children on anything their children have done. As a past Foster parent and adopted parent, there are so many families that take in children that have no other home. Many have health or mental issues and yes they might get money for them but there care becomes a full time job. What any of these families would give to just do 6 shows and get that income. They have stories and we need more adopted parents. What they would give to have a nanny for a autistic child to get some free time or a cleaning lady. These people have a calling and a heart to help children. Do we see shows about them. Instead we see a show about a family who decided to have children and knew they could have more than one. They both had jobs, their communities helped them, family helped them and it would have been rough but they would have got by. So now we see them with hair transplants, tunny tucks, tanned bodies on the beach. Wonderful french nails and a 1.5 million dollar house and what have they done? Now Octo Mom is going to give it a try.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:10 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,343,620 times
I didn't read through all of the threads b/c there are just too many. But I just wanted to add that there is probably a deep desire for Kate to make so much money to make sure her kids are provided for because she grew up poor. Unless you grew up without money it is hard to understand. Deep down it's probably a fear of hers.

Anyways, I hope they work things out. I do believe the show is pretty played out and now that the kids are school age they need their privacy.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:03 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,954,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
If anyone is interested, Jon is in the newest People magazine.

Jon Gosselin Speaks Out

FWIW, I read that Jodi and her husband (Kate's brother) are writing a tell all book and are shopping for a publisher. surprise, surprise.

It's all about money IMO...
I agree with you here. I think Kate's brother and Jodi ought to be ashamed of themselves. They can and should express their concerns to Jon and Kate behind closed doors. Don't air out the dirty laundry for the world to see for money. They say they are concerned for the childrens' welfare, how is writing a book and going on any and every gossip show on television helping those children ?? Those poor kids must be getting slammed at school already with all the coverage.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:10 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,954,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
But I just wanted to add that there is probably a deep desire for Kate to make so much money to make sure her kids are provided for because she grew up poor. Unless you grew up without money it is hard to understand. Deep down it's probably a fear of hers.
I agree with you to a point, I too grew up poor. But I still feel that Kate let becoming a celebrity go straight to her head, which in turn has made her change into a nasty diva. Also, how much money is enough for her ? Especially when it has obviously be detrimental to the the children which have no privacy, have their family's dirty laundry exposed on television before they even get to kindergarden, and the fact that they don't see both their parents very much. I read that she gets up to $75k per episode, and they are on their 100th episode. She also makes money from books, gets a lot of freebies, which saves them tens of thousands of dollars a year, and they probably get paid a certain amount every time there is a re-run.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:05 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I agree with you here. I think Kate's brother and Jodi ought to be ashamed of themselves. They can and should express their concerns to Jon and Kate behind closed doors. Don't air out the dirty laundry for the world to see for money. They say they are concerned for the childrens' welfare, how is writing a book and going on any and every gossip show on television helping those children ?? Those poor kids must be getting slammed at school already with all the coverage.
I've been watching a lot of Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood, they have been making a lot of good points that are actually swaying how I feel.

What they said the kids have logged in hours was unbelievable.
Chances are Jon & Kate have not made trust accounts for them.
While I agree that in the beginning they needed the money to survive - feed, cloth & house the kids.. at some point each kid should have gotten a paycheck and it would probably have been at the start of last season when everything changed.

I do feel the state of PA will do something, they can't not. They have to change the laws now.

I also don't feel Kevin & Jodi have the kids best interests in mind any more.
I've said it before, I don't doubt they have been hit by the economy and need the money.

There was a marriage counselor on one episode; they said that from the episodes they've seen, Kate looked genuinely happy in the birthday issue; she (counselor) blasted Jon for not being there for Kate's birthday. She also said they are headed for a divorce if they don't get help.

Jon is really turning me off.
I dislike the look on his face when he talks and when he's away, he looks like he thinks he's a star, his new hair grown in, those shades. I don't care for Kate's shades either.

One of Kates old boyfriends is getting in on the action; I don't doubt the girl Jon dumped for Kate will talk next.

Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV