Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 03:16 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm not putting them down for possibly having the washers/dryers donated, it just came across as over the top and fake, like she had been coached on how to "casually" bring up the appliances. Overall, the show is now coming across as more staged and no so much "real people we can all relate to".
It's possible she was coached. Wouldn't surprise me.
I agree about it losing the "real people we can all relate to" appeal which is why I stopped watching it regularly. I used to look forward to new episodes and couldn't wait to watch; but now it's a show that I will watch when I get to it. I do still enjoy it when I see it. The kids are so cute.

I don't know how much longer they'll go on..
I've said another 2 years maybe.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:09 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Default Jon & Kate + 8 New Season May 09

I kind of felt like the 2 other threads have run their course, so I thought I'd start fresh with a new thread for the new season. I watched the season premier last night. I thought it was sad. Sad to see Kate planning the party by herself, when 2 years ago she had help from Beth, and some other people (Kevin and Jodi?). Sad to see Alexis ask her Daddy not to go away again. The party didn't have the same energy as in the past. It seemed tense and forced. After hearing them both speak, I think there are definitely 2 sides to the story. She found her niche, and loves what she's doing. But she needs Jon to be home for the kids while she's doing it. That isn't what Jon wants to be doing. I hope they can find a compromise. Maybe Jon should go back to school or get a regular job and Kate could cut back on speaking engagements, or only do them on the weekends, or something. I hope they can find a way to move forward and can come up with a compromise so they'll both be happy.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:24 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
If ever a show was edited or designed to evoke emotions it was this one.

I have a feeling J & K's problems go back to the beginning. Jon said he was drawn to her driven personality and having known a few people like that it seems that the endless 'striving and driving' erodes respect and affection after 'a while'.

Just get the divorce and TLC can rerun the previous episodes until ratings drop to zero.

TLC can design a new show for Kate the kids can 'retire' and Jon can use his considerable network of contacts to find 'business opportunities'. Which I'm certain he has already done. I lol'd when talked about missing 'going to work'.

I'm really tired of hearing the stereotypical comments about men and women and boys and girls. Yes--that is what is typically said and what has been at issue for decades now.

As a parent I think I would want the family issues to be resolved before next fall.

Very sad.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:46 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Kate set her cap for him on the day she met him, and she has called all the shots since then. She's systematically emasculated Jon in front of America, and now she seems surprised that he has finally had enough.
If Kate doesn't want to be bugged by papparazzi, she should try ignoring them instead of pointing them out to the kids and then telling them not to say the word. The show should be shut down right now, and maybe just have an annual of semi-annual hour long show to catch up with the kids. I, for one, have no interest in a blow by blow of the marriage drama.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:55 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Kate set her cap for him on the day she met him, and she has called all the shots since then. She's systematically emasculated Jon in front of America, and now she seems surprised that he has finally had enough.
If Kate doesn't want to be bugged by papparazzi, she should try ignoring them instead of pointing them out to the kids and then telling them not to say the word. The show should be shut down right now, and maybe just have an annual of semi-annual hour long show to catch up with the kids. I, for one, have no interest in a blow by blow of the marriage drama.
Next week or sometime soon--the kids surprise Kate with a trip to Charm Cakes for her birthday. 'Too Much' --of everything, is difficult for many to handle.

It may be annoying, frightening and ridiculous to have attracted 'paparazzi' but these family issues have been developing for years.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:56 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,532,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post

AMEN TO THAT! I am not for men or woman cheating but if your driven to a point like she does with him...where she treats him like one of her kids and belittles him on national TV and then she wonders what went wrong. It's like OMG lady look at yourself. I wonder if she watches these shows?

I feel nothing for this lady now, I just worry about those kids. Boy that Mady is just like Kate.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:04 AM

Kate if most definitely the driven one in the relationship. Jon is easy going but seems to have no direction. I feel a little bad for him because he is so discontent with his life, but only he can change that. I'm sure Kate pushed him into the fertility treatments early in marriage, but he went along with it, so he is responsible for those decisions. Now it has evolved into Kate as the working mom, and Jon as the stay at home dad. That is fine, if that is what works for the family, but it NOT working for this family. Jon needs to figure out what he wants to do with his life and then do it.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:08 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,853,752 times
Jon and Kate have a very complicated situation. On the one hand they were both too immature to have married so young and have so many children on top of that has made a bad matter worse. They should never have had the last six kids on top of the twins. Jon was not finished growing up before having to assume parental responsibility for such a big family and because of this, Kate has had to pretty much run the family. Sure, she has really been verbally abusive to Jon but in reality, he has been more like another child for her to raise than an equal-partner husband. If she didn't assume control then the family would flounder. But on the other hand, she (and Jon as well) is constantly telling the audience that her life is "all about the kids." No marriage can thrive if the marital relationship isn't the priority for the couple. If this marriage fails then the show will likely go away and neither parent has the earning capacity to support all those kids away from the media and fan spotlight.

Bottom line is that Jon needs to grow up, Kate needs to back off, and they both need to make the marriage their number one priority. The show is still the mainstay of their income stream so they should keep doing that, but they should stop all the other outside involvements that keep Kate away from home and start working on the couple relationship. The children can't help but benefit from their parent's renewed commitment to each other but conversely, they can't help but suffer if parents don't make their marriage the number one priority.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:17 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,532,564 times
I agree red- and if you go to their website Kate's blog it clearly says Jon was not ready for kids and that Kate insisted and then she got her way. When the twins came, Jon was happy with that but Kate again pushed and got her way. Jon loves his kids, but didn't want this many. They are here now, so he is making the best of it.
Jon needs to go back to work. Kate needs to work now that the kids are in school. And they either need to work on their marriage or call everything off now before it gets worse.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:24 AM

Red Rover - well said. I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV