Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 01:26 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,908,673 times

Advertisements

I have stated before on here that God made them infertile and maybe they should have stuck with that

Do you also say this to folks who adopt?

How insightful.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:19 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,858,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
as much as I enjoyed watching the show in the past, last night I felt like an accomplice to something very ugly. I won't be watching anymore. It's. Just. So. Bad.
ditto....
it used to be such a sweet portrait of family life and now it has degraded into something totally different. i do feel sorry for children who have to have this adult drama played out on national television and will not support it anymore.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:49 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,407,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
I haven't read past the first post so I'm sorry if I'm repeating anyone. But were we supposed to feel sorry for Kate for planning the party "all alone"? She had at least 3 helpers at the party. Jon ran back home twice for stuff she forgot, including the cakes. The older girls helped with the goody bags. I've thrown birthday parties for 20+ kids with less help than that.
I believe that was the 'Spin' chosen by TLC/and Kate.

I inferred that she meant Jon wasn't 'as involved' as he Should be in this event/child rearing/the marriage.

~~~
Tunky said:
<as much as I enjoyed watching the show in the past, last night I felt like an accomplice to something very ugly. I won't be watching anymore. It's. Just. So. Bad. >

That's pretty much how I feel.

~~~
Have you seen the ads for next week's show--a later show--with Kate and Mady vacationing in CA spending quality 'Girl Time' at a spa and on the beach?

What memories they are making.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-27-2009 at 08:25 AM..

Old 05-27-2009, 08:16 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,839,368 times
As I read all these posts it seems evident that most here are still being very critical of Kate's manipulation of Jon. But what is clear to me is that Jon is as guilty of this situation as Kate is. His passive-aggressive behavior from the very beginning set up the dyamics of their marital relationship. He basically just laid down and rolled over from the first day and allowed Kate to be in charge of everything. If he didn't want more children he should not have backed down when Kate insisted. He was no victim in the outcome but a willing participant. But his biggest shortcoming was/is that he just has never grown up. Evidently he did not really quit his job but rather was fired for spending his work day surfing for freebies for the kids instead of actually working. If he truly wanted a separate identity from that of daddy/hubby then he should have actually focused on his career to create his own identity as a provider for his wife and children. Jon has turned over the reins of his life to his wife and he can't now cry foul when things haven't worked out like he thought they would. When Kate is heard being very critical of Jon it is more like a mother correcting her child than a wife speaking to her husband but Jon acts like her child, resentment and all. It may be too late for them to change the dynamics of their relationship but there is no hope for their marriage if they can't.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:26 AM

4,357 posts, read 6,498,051 times
A rousing big old "who gives a rats bum" of who is at fault here. I've seen very little of this series but what I have see was mostly Kate belittling Jon.

Of the plots the ones most ejoyable were when Jon spent time with the kids (alone time) I must have missed the Kate ones.

So what do people pay her to talk about? How she used to be a mom? Her book would be how I manipulated Jon and TLC into parenting my kids. Shesh - she needs to bag to book tour and become the kids mom again.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:32 AM

444 posts, read 1,046,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
What I don't get is how do they go from renewing their vows and telling their kids they'll be together forever just 8 or 9 months ago to this??? The "vows" must've totally been staged.

I was thinking about this too. It must have been staged/written inot a contract something. It didn't seem fake at the time but now I am not sure. I know she says some really rotten things to him. I thought he jsut brushed them off because he seemed not to say much when she attacked him. It is all comeing to a head now. This poor kids. My hear was in my throat when Alexsis (I think it was her) said to Jon I don't want you to leave anymore Daddy The only thing he could say was sometimes Daddy's have to work.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:49 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,528,890 times
Well two things make me sad. One thing crossed my mind that they and the show are setting this looks like a break up to later in the season have them come together again as a couple and try and work things out for the kids. I also find it very sad and i didn't watch that that many and I think I heard a million or more people turned into this show Monday, I find that very sad as to what that says about people.. This isn't tune in to see who shot JR. or Rachel on friends having her baby. Theses are real people. Those are real children that people turned in to watch their family fall apart for their own entertainment or curiosity. I agree with the Brother and sister in law who I heard was on a morning show and said these kids are being exploited and they should be laws passed to protect children from reality shows. There are laws to protect children who act there should be something to protect these children who in many cases need protection from their own parents

Old 05-27-2009, 09:02 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,346,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
As I read all these posts it seems evident that most here are still being very critical of Kate's manipulation of Jon. But what is clear to me is that Jon is as guilty of this situation as Kate is. His passive-aggressive behavior from the very beginning set up the dyamics of their marital relationship. He basically just laid down and rolled over from the first day and allowed Kate to be in charge of everything. If he didn't want more children he should not have backed down when Kate insisted. He was no victim in the outcome but a willing participant. But his biggest shortcoming was/is that he just has never grown up. Evidently he did not really quit his job but rather was fired for spending his work day surfing for freebies for the kids instead of actually working. If he truly wanted a separate identity from that of daddy/hubby then he should have actually focused on his career to create his own identity as a provider for his wife and children. Jon has turned over the reins of his life to his wife and he can't now cry foul when things haven't worked out like he thought they would. When Kate is heard being very critical of Jon it is more like a mother correcting her child than a wife speaking to her husband but Jon acts like her child, resentment and all. It may be too late for them to change the dynamics of their relationship but there is no hope for their marriage if they can't.
Can't rep you again. This is not all Kate's fault, despite what many like to claim. I just can't get on the "poor Jon" bandwagon. There are 2 equal partners here. Jon is just as responsible for the state of his marriage/family as Kate is.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:10 AM

444 posts, read 1,046,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post

Well said!

Old 05-27-2009, 09:24 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,035,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
I have stated before on here that God made them infertile and maybe they should have stuck with that

Do you also say this to folks who adopt?

How insightful.
you would have to have read my entire original post. It was in one of the other J & K threads. I don't mean to offend anyone. I know people who have done IVF and had singles or twins, and I am happy for them and do not judge. I was speaking about J & K specifically. I just said it bothers me when they say "God gave us sextuplets"; my response to that is "God made you infertile". I hope that explains my statement better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV