Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2016, 09:39 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,987 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I want to like this show but it's not moving along well. I don't find I care about the robots which isn't good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 12:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I don't know..... E3 watched and it is getting boring. I will keep watching hoping that the plot accelerates......
Liked Episode 1 and 2.

Almost fell asleep during 3.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:09 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,990,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I don't know..... E3 watched and it is getting boring. I will keep watching hoping that the plot accelerates......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Liked Episode 1 and 2.

Almost fell asleep during 3.
I rather enjoyed episode 3. No there wasn't a lot of action, but it definitely moved the storyline along while also providing some back story for some of the characters.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:12 PM

1,785 posts, read 2,382,336 times
I think the "Man in Black" is Arnold. In the first episode he said he was born in Westworld in a sense. And Ford, in episode three, said that Arnold died in Westworld.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:14 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,985,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Wait no longer. ROME has been on HBO for years.
Now there's a show that ended way too soon.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:58 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,666,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I rather enjoyed episode 3. No there wasn't a lot of action, but it definitely moved the storyline along while also providing some back story for some of the characters.
I really enjoyed Hopkins giving us so much of the back story--and I liked the whole concept of uploading back stories. I guess I like the theory behind the show at least as much as I like the action. I agree, Arnold has got to be the Man in Black.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:36 AM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
The show is definitely a slow burn. Even the critics who loved it admitted you don't really get the story till episode 4.

But as a lifelong science fiction nerd, I'm loving it.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:47 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,182,654 times
Yes, it was slow, but I enjoyed the backstory and little bits starting to fall into place. I think my husband is off it, though. He thinks it's being a little too coy and confusing.

I loved the scene with Hopkins and the Technician who had the AI draped. Hopkins is mad, but you can only tell based on his slightly raised voice and vocal pattern. So subtle. Man, he's a talented actor. I also enjoyed the scene between Hopkins and a naked James Marsden for different reasons....but I digress.

Another theory I heard about the Man in Black was that he's not Arnold, but William, the white hated cowboy. The story lines take place across time, with William's in previous decades, of course. Supposedly, one clue is that the Westworld logo, train station appear different in William's scenes. I'm not sure how I feel about this line of thinking, though.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:47 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,775,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The show is definitely a slow burn. Even the critics who loved it admitted you don't really get the story till episode 4.

But as a lifelong science fiction nerd, I'm loving it.
Netflix has a statement that you have to watch the first four episodes of any series to make a decision to stick or not.

IMO, you only have to watch episode 4. If that's good, then watch the first three to catch up.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:29 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,666,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Netflix has a statement that you have to watch the first four episodes of any series to make a decision to stick or not.

IMO, you only have to watch episode 4. If that's good, then watch the first three to catch up.
Assuming you're not joking: Nah, there are no shortcuts to experiencing great entertainment. Gotta travel the whole distance in order to appreciate it. Of course you run the risk that the end result still sucks...I binge watched the first 5 episodes of "Breaking Bad." At the end I was bored and disturbed, and decided that I'd given it all the time I was going to give it. I binge watched the first three episodes of Game of Thrones, Season 3, and was totally hooked, and went back and binge watched Season 1 and 2. Some shows appeal to us, and others don't. Right now I like Westworld! A great 4th episode is just going to be a bonus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV