Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 08:48 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,138,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I would hang out with Glenn
I would too. I liked him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 11:15 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,361,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Because it is LOL. We love BB too, probably a top 5 show for me (addiction wise). But to pay for it? Nope. I'll follow it on the BB forums just for kicks, probably.

My biggest gripe with folks on the BB forums who think Nicole played a good game is that her being safe for so long wasn't her doing. Paulie ran the house for the first 10 weeks. Corey & Paulie fell in love week 1. By default, Nic being Corey's girl made her safe too.

It wasn't some strategy of Nicole's like "Hmmm, if my boyfriend is in a bromace with the most powerful player, then I'll be safe!" That thought never crossed her mind. The fact that her being shielded by Paulie (through being Corey's best bro) was 100% luck. it wasn't some brilliant strategic move, Nicole didn't do anything to make that happen for herself. That's why I was so disappointed to see her win.

Paul survived the block 6 times. That's insane. He also won his fair share of comps and was able to battle back from being associated with Jozea & Victor to being aligned with the house leader at the time (Paulie).
I've quit watching this show when it gets down to about 6 people for the past several years. Because my favorites always get voted out, and I get mad. But, I came on here to see who won, but I had to respond when I saw your "Corey & Paulie fell in love week 1." LOLS. I'm disappointed that Nicole won also, but what I'm wondering about is whether Paulie proposed to Corey at the finale?

Old 09-23-2016, 01:32 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,239,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I'm glad Nichole won. She had a great social game and once she got out of Corey's bed, she played well.

It is hard to be a girl in that house as the jealousy is crazy and so difficult to get any of the girls on the jury to vote for a girl. I'm SO glad that Natalie voted for Nichole. Surprised that Paulie voted for her.

I don't understand why Nichole would "need" the money as she is a nurse and they get paid quite well.

As for Michelle...so sad that she doesn't realize she is a pretty girl when she isn't being mean. She disliked Bridget because Frank preferred Bridget over Michelle. Then she disliked Nichole because Corey was interested in Nichole. None of the guys were interested in Michelle. Not due to her looks but due to her being so insecure and jealous. Hopefully, her parents will watch the show and help her to build her self esteem.
I was thinking her family needed the money more than she did. I forgot to put that in there.

Old 09-23-2016, 05:32 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,978,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I honestly thought that Paul would beat either James or Nicole pretty easily, so I didn't initially think he made a mistake. The jury seemed random as to how they voted and it didn't really seem like they based it on gameplay, so I was thinking that since James was more liked, that he may have been the slightly tougher opponent. I'm still surprised Nicole won (I thought Paul played the better game) but she played a really strategic game, so she deserves it.

I also thought that Paul would win against either. However, I was rather appalled at his answer to Da'vonne's question (or accusation, if you will) concerning some of his behavior and language towards women. I think that Day was expecting an apology. Instead, the jurors heard Paul yap about how 'crazy' he is and how he regrets nothing.

In this link, Nicole mentions that she heard that Day switched her vote, from Paul to Nicole, after his answer:

‘BB 18’ winner Nicole heard Da’Vonne ‘switched her vote after the Q&A’ – Zap2It

Here is her answer (otherwise not very interesting interview) to the question if she felt that she won due to Paul's answers to the jury:

"That’s so crazy! He’s so smart and so good at speaking, if you can’t tell by his speech, but his speech he had time to prepare and the Q&A he didn’t. But I did hear that Day switched her vote after the Q&A and speeches, so maybe that is how I won."

I was generally impressed that two of the four 'returnees' not only got to the final three, but that one actually won. At the beginning of the season I was betting that Frank would be the last returnee standing.

I am not 'upset' that Nicole won. All in all, I thought Paul played a better game, right from the beginning (when he was in hot water).

As for the new 'season': Alas! I am older (61) and the thought of watching episodes on the computer is not enticing. Plus, due to our schedule, we usually record BB to watch later (for example, we only saw the finale last night). I imagine that CBS will 're-run' it at some point on television.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:12 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,301,531 times
I pay a lot for Direct TV where I live, and I will not pay to watch BB. I wish no one else would, and maybe they would rethink the whole concept.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:18 PM

3,977 posts, read 4,999,235 times
I'm disappointed that Paul didn't win...because unlike some of the comments and things I've heard, I don't want the winner to be the one who "needs" the money the most. That's a load of crap. Who cares if Nicole isn't going to be a high income earner or if her family needs it? Seriously, I just don't understand that thinking when it comes to winners of reality shows. I believe the winner should be the BEST PLAYER OF THE GAME...and to me, that was Paul. I would've liked to see Victor make it to the final 2 with Paul and then let the jurors decide.

The juries of late, however, are bitter and exacting...hypocritical to my mind...in that they forgive nothing as if they've never committed any crime themselves. Da wanted an apology? She wasn't even there...Meech didn't even want an apology from Paul...she voted for him...but everyone here will probably bite my head off because they think Paul was so very wrong...I guess I just look at the finale as a waste of time because the best player did not win...

Old 09-23-2016, 03:29 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,138,331 times
I agree with you, Shell. Paul WAS the best player left standing. Besides James, I really didn't want the other two to win. AND James was on a par with Nicole for playing between the sheets more than playing BB.

Don't know if I will be here next season that is free. If I am, I am. If not, it's been a pleasure. I may need my guilty pleasure by next summer.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:04 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,877,849 times
Lol at Paul's smugness ! That cost him half a mil.

Old 09-27-2016, 01:52 PM

3,977 posts, read 4,999,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I agree with you, Shell. Paul WAS the best player left standing. Besides James, I really didn't want the other two to win. AND James was on a par with Nicole for playing between the sheets more than playing BB.

Don't know if I will be here next season that is free. If I am, I am. If not, it's been a pleasure. I may need my guilty pleasure by next summer.
They definitely need to step it up...and I don't mean MORE TWISTS. I think they need to take a hard look at the character of the contestants and stop getting wannabes. Get real people...is casting really telling us that the only interesting people out there who could possibly create drama are sociopaths and pretty people? Cause I got two words for ya: CHICKEN GEORGE. Boy howdy, I'd like to see more of him!

Old 09-27-2016, 03:54 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,327,138 times
I'd be up for some sort of young versus old. I miss seasons with older cast who added more to the conversations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV