Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 10:55 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times

Advertisements

Are they even doing the "who wants to see my HoH room" bit anymore?

I miss when slop was an actual comp.

Man, I still love this show. Like, I live for it LOL. But i wish they would change some things.

What I'd love more than anything, though I know it will never happen because it'll cost money, but I wish they would completely tear down the current house and build an entirely new one. Whole new layout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 11:32 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
The HGs always complain about sugar ants. Naturally, as young people, they pig up the kitchen and never clean up spills, so if ant scouts locate something good, pretty soon the whole colony will hit that. If production wanted to kill the ants, they could easily do so with ant baits, but my theory is that production likes the stress caused by ants icking the HGs out.

I definitely don't miss "who wants to see my HOH." Although it was amusing to watch DR commentary by the people who loathed the HOH.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:43 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Yeah, what's with the ants? Wouldn't a one-time treatment by a pest company right before the show eliminate ants altogether? Commercial grade ant pesticide is very effective.

Why won't CBS just get this done already?

Old 07-06-2016, 12:23 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Yeah, what's with the ants? Wouldn't a one-time treatment by a pest company right before the show eliminate ants altogether? Commercial grade ant pesticide is very effective.

Why won't CBS just get this done already?
Because it creates drama - they get really touchy about the ants. Victor was having a cow about the ants because some of the piglets didn't wash the dishes. Kind of like they don't have a dishwasher - it gives them something to do.

I do wish they'd change up the house. My understanding is that its a warehouse with part of it the actual "house" - but they would have to retrofit all the cabling and I imagine that would be a lengthy and costly project. However, I think they could redo the inside...idk.

I think they draw for "have nots" and slop - or the team that comes in last is the loser team/have nots. I miss the days of peanut butter and jelly being the have not food. I do not miss "who wants to see my HOH" because it's pointless. No one wants to see it so I get seeing the DR comments as amusing, but it wastes time so I get it.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:23 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post

I do wish they'd change up the house. My understanding is that its a warehouse with part of it the actual "house" - but they would have to retrofit all the cabling and I imagine that would be a lengthy and costly project. However, I think they could redo the inside...idk.
It's on the CBS set.
Quote:
The US Big Brother House is a television set at Studio City California which is used for only one show. The exact building is CBS studio stage 18, the entire complex is 14000 sqft, 100’X140’X24′ high.
The link explains it all and there's a layout map and an aerial view.

The backyard is actually outside but it's still inside the compound space. That's why some years they'll see a plane with a message on it.

Big Brother House Floor PlansBig Brother 18 Spoilers | OnlineBigBrother Live Feed Updates

Old 07-06-2016, 09:25 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Just can't get into this season. This cast is awful.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:29 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
So if Frank gets evicted while they're still doing the HG return twist, who does Grodner pick, Frank or Jose.
I think thats why this season is flopping so badly IMO. Grod's riggage has never been so blatant, and these particular 4 returnees are just not even worth rigging for.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:00 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
Look on the bright side. It'll be fun watching Victor's bohica.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:59 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I think thats why this season is flopping so badly IMO. Grod's riggage has never been so blatant, and these particular 4 returnees are just not even worth rigging for.
I disagree...you very well might not like this season (which I hope changes for you) but I don't think it's flopping. Are you speaking from a personal perspective because of disappointment or are you looking at ratings or something?

Old 07-07-2016, 12:09 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,348 times
Sheesh it's only been one week and people are calling it a bad season? Give it time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV