Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 11:10 AM

5,509 posts, read 7,103,535 times

Advertisements

The Marble Rye
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 03:09 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,006,429 times
and don't forget SHRINKAGE! like a frightened turtle. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DoARSlv-HU

Old 01-13-2017, 12:42 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,671,483 times
I've watch the show from the beginning and have also enjoyed the reruns. Have seen every episode many times. I really like the chemistry between Jerry, Elaine, George and Kramer. Great cast and great writing.

I also think Susan character was really great on the show and have thought she was cast perfectly, it must have been difficult to find the right fit for that role. I also really like Mr. Peterman, great character.

There's so many I really like I'm not sure of all the names but I really like when Kramer has the furniture from The Merv Griffin show and he's the host, great acting on his part he's really in his own world on the Merv Griffin set !

Also like the Hamptons, Jimmy that talks in the third person, Jerry and Elaine stay with Jerry's parent in Florida - Stella ! The two line telephone, the maniquin that looks like Elaine where George buys the swishy sounding suit ! The big salad ! There's so many

I like both sets of parents Jerry's and George - George's parents are always yelling it's so funny ! I've wondered how they can get so wound up and hysterical about really nothing and not start laughing !

Old 02-09-2017, 10:09 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,251,948 times
Have to give a shout out to THIS underrated Seinfeld episode...
The Chicken Roaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRqPRmnne-o

Old 02-09-2017, 03:18 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,538,981 times
I purchased the entire DVD set on eBay a couple years ago, and i've recently started (this week) watching them again. I've watched the entire set once. This time, I skipped Season 1 (which was only 1 CD) and went right to Season 2. I thought it was just me, but I didn't like Season 1 either.

There are so many favorites but my extra favorites are:

The Chinese Restaurant
Spongeworthy
The Soup Nazi

Old 02-10-2017, 07:55 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
There you go.

You jumped in late, bonded with what the show had become, and so dislike the rest. It's like a fan of a band who discovers the group's fourth album and so doesn't like their early sound.

Virtually all sitcoms, and plenty of dramas, begin this way.

Acting? In a sitcom?

Sitcoms really don't feature acting as we know it. Everything is played for laughs. Seinfeld himself could never act at all - which is fine, because Jerry Seinfeld the fictional character was basically doing standup 24/7.

Season 1 was just five episodes. But season two, including early episodes like The Pony Remark and The Jacket and The Statue ("Make love to that wall, pervert!"), is full of classics.
I didn't start watching the show until almost a decade after it ended and I enjoy all the seasons, The Statue and the stock tip are some of favorite episodes.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:03 AM

1,413 posts, read 1,290,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
I purchased the entire DVD set on eBay a couple years ago, and i've recently started (this week) watching them again. I've watched the entire set once. This time, I skipped Season 1 (which was only 1 CD) and went right to Season 2. I thought it was just me, but I didn't like Season 1 either.

There are so many favorites but my extra favorites are:

The Chinese Restaurant
Spongeworthy
The Soup Nazi
I probably mentioned earlier in this thread that my wife and I are always watching the DVD's when nothing else is on. I would recommend googling "Seinfeld DVD Easter Eggs". There are hidden features on most of the DVDs, and some of them are pretty interesting.

Interesting note on The Chinese Restaurant; Kramer does not appear in that episode at all.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:27 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,158,777 times
IMO, the early episodes were funny. Funnier than most other comedies on the air at the time. Just nowhere near as funny as when they hit their stride.

Because each ep had no "important" story line, it is easy for me to think of and remember the funniest scenes instead of the funniest stories. But I may change my mind on that after reviewing the entire series I just got in the mail.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:41 AM

1,413 posts, read 1,290,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
IMO, the early episodes were funny. Funnier than most other comedies on the air at the time. Just nowhere near as funny as when they hit their stride.

Because each ep had no "important" story line, it is easy for me to think of and remember the funniest scenes instead of the funniest stories. But I may change my mind on that after reviewing the entire series I just got in the mail.
The middle of the series is really when it was at its best. I think one thing missing from the earlier part of the series were some of the auxiliary characters such as the Seinfeld's and Costanza's. IMO some of the funniest moments involve the parents.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:21 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,079 times
I started rewatching the series a year or so ago. I fit them in between when more popular DVDs have a lot of holds at the library and I have a long wait. I hate today's sitcoms. I thought my taste had changed, but I still love Seinfeld. So maybe it's the sitcoms that have changed, not me.

So far I've watched up to about the middle of season 8 and I actually found 2 episodes that I don't remember ever seeing before. Hate to come to the end. What will I use for fill then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV