Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2017, 05:43 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
People graduate from law school at age 23-25 and are hired by law firms at that age as well.

I have heard this theory too...very, very possible
Her dad is a judge so it will be very easy for her to get a job. I know kids of lawyers and they all have internships the minute they go to law school as the lawyers community helps each other which is nice and understandable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 05:39 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
In the previews with Andi for next week, was he crying again? Maybe because he never got a chance to sleep with her?
He sure can cry at the blink of an eye.
He did sleep with her

Old 02-22-2017, 06:41 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post

one that does not cry when a leaf blows by.
i can't stop giggling at this. i don't know why but it strikes me as so funny.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:46 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I bet he is the one using all the tissues at work! That mystery got solved.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:24 AM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
I'm liking Vanessa more and more as the season progresses. She's strong willed, confident, direct, isn't afraid to have a little bit of an attitude when she feels disrespected or hurt, yet allows herself to show her feelings. And she has pretty brown eyes, always a positive in my book.

Edit to add: Also thought Raven did a nice job on her hometown date. She'll make someone a good wife, plus has a good sense of humor. Farmer Shawn and Raven would have made a good match if she had been on his season.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:55 AM

655 posts, read 1,128,822 times
I don't understand all the negative about Rachel and her looks. I loved her from the first show. First of all, I think she is adorable. Second, and most important, she is a solid, put together, goal oriented woman. I like how she just stays out of the drama and is steady and calm. She totally deserves better than Nick and I am so glad that she is going to be in the drivers seat as the new Bachelorette.

I am a big fan of Raven too. I don't want her to end up with Nick though...she can do better. He just seems like he doesn't really want any of these girls.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:32 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
I will admit that Rachel has grown on me a bit but I still am not sold she was the best choice.

Here is my full take on it. The Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise is very good at going after low hanging fruit. "We need a new bachelor/bachelorette, oh look this guy/girl was popular last season so BOOM done deal". I think if you are finally to break down the barrier and go with someone of color after all of these seasons then you should go after the best possible candidate. I am not sure that is Rachel. If they were going with another cookie cutter white guy/girl then whatever, they are a dime a dozen. You have a chance to really do something here so make sure you do it right.

My $.02

Old 02-23-2017, 02:39 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakru View Post
I don't understand all the negative about Rachel and her looks. I loved her from the first show. First of all, I think she is adorable. Second, and most important, she is a solid, put together, goal oriented woman. I like how she just stays out of the drama and is steady and calm. She totally deserves better than Nick and I am so glad that she is going to be in the drivers seat as the new Bachelorette.

I am a big fan of Raven too. I don't want her to end up with Nick though...she can do better. He just seems like he doesn't really want any of these girls.
I agree on both counts.

I have always felt like Rachel, while not traditionally beautiful, has incredible charm that makes her VERY attractive. But I don't think they have had enough time to develop real chemistry.

I love Raven and think she needs to get out of Hoxie. There's a lot more to her than meets the eye!

Old 02-23-2017, 02:40 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakru View Post
He just seems like he doesn't really want any of these girls.
I don't have a problem with that. Its pretty unrealistic to think that season after season the lead can walk into a room with 25 people and end up engaged to one of them after a few weeks.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:52 PM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
A lot of talk on here about Rachel, and deservedly so I guess since she'll be the next Bachelorette. Once her season starts and we see more of her personality I think she'll shine in that regard. She'll be good in that role. As far as how attractive she is I'd put her above Kaitlyn and maybe on Andi's level, so make of that what you will.

If the decision makers for the show think having her as the Bachelorette will stop people complaining about the lack of minorities in the lead role, they're wrong. That wont happen until there are multiple black Bachelors. It didn't even stop after Juan Pablo was the Bachelor, and no, he's a not a 'white Hispanic' as people said about George Zimmerman. Edit to add: I hope the show does what they want and not bow to public pressure. They've had a formula that's worked for them.

I'm ok with Rachel being Bachelorette because she does seem a quality girl. There'll be plenty of guys putting in applications hoping to end up with her, I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV