Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2017, 12:50 PM

2,919 posts, read 1,984,560 times

Advertisements

Sorry to see Mark get the boot. Very likeable guy. I can't get behind any of the remaining players, they've been too mean spirited to pull for. Maybe Jason or Kevin, but even them I have seen in a bad light while watching live feeds over the past few weeks.

Would hate to see him paired with Josh on TAR. Jessica and Cody want to be on it, more likely they end up on the show if anyone does from the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 04:25 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,077,858 times
While I don't really care for any of the houseguests my opinion of Mark has changed somewhat. If they have America's Favorite Player or whatever it's called and I had to pick someone I think I would choose Mark. The reason is because it wasn't easy in the house after Cody and Elena left but he still tried to be nice and talk to the others. He also tried up to the last day to make deals and tried to get them to change their minds. He didn't go in a room and pout like a child like Cody did. I was also impressed with his exit interview with Julie. He didn't blame others and even gave Josh a compliment. Didn't expect to hear that!

From comments I have read on other sites, I have a feeling most people are going to vote for either Jessica or Cody. I don't understand why but for some reason people seem to feel as though they were victims and feel sorry for them. To me they have no one to blame but themselves for being evicted.

Of course, I guess it doesn't matter who gets the most votes if it isn't who BB wants to win then it isn't going to happen. We have no way of knowing for sure who actually had the most votes.

Old 08-26-2017, 05:08 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,973 times
While I agree with you that Mark's last week in the house was good (being extra nice, trying to stay in the game by schmoozing all the players, his goodbyes to everyone in the house and his conversation with Julie upon eviction), where Mark lost me was blaming Cody for his game when talking to Julie and the fact that he was NOT really loyal to anyone, except maybe Elena. I think that he played a so so game and he should own up to it and not blame Cody for his mistakes in the game .

OTOH, Jessica stayed loyal to Cody (and vice versa) when she could have turned on him to improve her game and she did really play the game, more so than the majority of the house imo. Not that I particularly like her, I just like her and Cody more than I like Paul, Matt, Raven, Christmas, Alex, Kevin and Josh (though Josh I'm starting to like a little bit now that he isn't banging pots and pans ).

So even though I like Mark as a person probably the most of any of the players, I think Jessica would get my vote for AFP. If I voted and anybody cared - lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
While I don't really care for any of the houseguests my opinion of Mark has changed somewhat. If they have America's Favorite Player or whatever it's called and I had to pick someone I think I would choose Mark. The reason is because it wasn't easy in the house after Cody and Elena left but he still tried to be nice and talk to the others. He also tried up to the last day to make deals and tried to get them to change their minds. He didn't go in a room and pout like a child like Cody did. I was also impressed with his exit interview with Julie. He didn't blame others and even gave Josh a compliment. Didn't expect to hear that!

From comments I have read on other sites, I have a feeling most people are going to vote for either Jessica or Cody. I don't understand why but for some reason people seem to feel as though they were victims and feel sorry for them. To me they have no one to blame but themselves for being evicted.

Of course, I guess it doesn't matter who gets the most votes if it isn't who BB wants to win then it isn't going to happen. We have no way of knowing for sure who actually had the most votes.

Old 08-26-2017, 05:51 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,077,858 times
It doesn't say much for this season when in order for us to choose someone we would like to win the game or AFP we have to base our decision on which houseguest we dislike the least !!!!!

Old 08-26-2017, 07:22 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,183,551 times
Quote:
It doesn't say much for this season when in order for us to choose someone we would like to win the game or AFP we have to base our decision on which houseguest we dislike the least !!!!!
Haha, IKWYM, but I seem to remember feeling the same way for the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Let's face it, nicer people usually don't go as far in the game as the backstabbers, brown-nosers, and do-nothings. That's one reason I would never even consider doing BB or Survivor- I'm just not willing to give up my personal standards to win money.

Even if I could, though, I'd probably be thrown out (if I ended up playing with these people,) because I don't think I could have resisted smacking some of them down for the shenanigans they've pulled this season.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:13 AM

6,378 posts, read 5,494,209 times
Quote:

I don't think of them as "victims"...but I definitely respected Jessica and Cody more than the sheep to Paul's shepherd that have been making this a boring show to watch.

I hope at the very least Cody is able to gain support in the jury house to make sure Paul doesn't win the 500k. With each person arriving there the fact that Paul is the epitome of the "snake" for this season (a character that CBS clearly sought him out to fill) should become clearer and clearer to them.

I'd like for him to be the 3rd wheel that gets booted. No money, not even the 50k 2nd place prize, has to spend a week with the people who he'd stabbed in the back and plotted against all summer....and then have to vote for someone else to win the money he thinks he already has in his bank account.

At his point...hopefully Jason is paired with either Alex or Kevin in the end. The rest of them are uninteresting and dumb. Kevin hasn't played a good game at all but is at least a likable guy. haha

Old 08-27-2017, 08:32 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Every season I watch this and question:
Why hasn't any of these hamsters not set up a code with their loved ones back home?
Such as, hey when I get hoh,send me clues of who not to trust in the house . Such as: a pear would be :"p" for Paul. Or sending their family picture and one person is growing or wearing a beard...Big hint,don't trust Paul!
I'd be having a list of codes for my family to send...I'm just miffed that a simple basket could be an outsider's way to get a warning message thru with a simple item! I know they monitor gifts but really there are ways to work this

Old 08-27-2017, 09:25 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times
Cody was mean at the beginning, and bullied the ones he didn't like. He also came across as someone not quite stable. I realize he is a vet, but he was not a likable person to me. I can't understand why some believe he got a raw deal. He and Jessica isolated themselves, and did not play a good game.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:24 AM

6,378 posts, read 5,494,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Cody was mean at the beginning, and bullied the ones he didn't like. He also came across as someone not quite stable. I realize he is a vet, but he was not a likable person to me. I can't understand why some believe he got a raw deal. He and Jessica isolated themselves, and did not play a good game.
What would you call Paul, Raven, and Josh putting on tutus and screaming at/cussing out Jessica and Cody when Jessica decided oh so selfushly to save them with the halting hex and not bow down to Paul's puppet-master plans? That was the most egregious act of bullying on this season yet. Jessica and Cody go out to the yard and Paul gathers his minions to follow them outside and continue to harass them.

Yeah; Cody was blunt and said he didn't really like Megan when he nominated her and then she cried and left the house on her own. They also both called Josh fat. That was uncalled for for sure...but it doesn't compare to the obnoxious behavior seen by the rest of the house when the halting hex was used.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:20 AM

3,829 posts, read 6,731,744 times
Jessica and Cody were far from innocent. Cody brought everything on himself week one, and Jess by association.

Jess didn't help herself.
'Big Brother' Houseguests Furious Over Unwanted Butt Poking | TMZ.com

They all bullied each other. At least the boys kept it to words only. Jessica crossed major lines, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV