Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2017, 07:10 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,973 times

Advertisements

Pauls' advantages vs his cast mates
1) Returning player - knows the house, the challenges and production, as well as the game
2) Made it to the final 2 on his season, which is a big accomplishment
3) Handed out 8 friendship bracelets that kept those 8 people safe for one elimination
4) Safe from eviction for 3 weeks
5) Well liked by production
6) Given the most air time - he's the "Julie Chen" of the house
7) Had met Raven prior to being on the show at one of his concerts
8) Already had a fan base (if we are to believe that America voted for him to get #4)
9) Obviously brighter than his cast mates

Personally and I've said this before, the money compensation doesn't mean as much to some of the players as it does to the more 'challenged' ones. Big Brother can be about promoting your "BRAND" which I think is a lot more important to Paul than even winning. Though I'm sure that bragging rights about winning BB19 are certainly part of his game plan and branding. What reality shows can he go on next? Getting lots of attention for whatever tshirt, concert ticket or workout item that you're trying to sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 07:34 PM

6,378 posts, read 5,494,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
1) Returning player - knows the house, the challenges and production, as well as the game
3) Handed out 8 friendship bracelets that kept those 8 people safe for one elimination
8) Already had a fan base (if we are to believe that America voted for him to get #4)

Personally and I've said this before, the money compensation doesn't mean as much to some of the players as it does to the more 'challenged' ones. Big Brother can be about promoting your "BRAND" which I think is a lot more important to Paul than even winning. Though I'm sure that bragging rights about winning BB19 are certainly part of his game plan and branding. What reality shows can he go on next? Getting lots of attention for whatever tshirt, concert ticket or workout item that you're trying to sell.
Yeah but at this point I'd imagine the overwhelming majority of fans of BB are rooting against him.

The fact that nobody will take a shot at him is nauseating. The only ones to "get it" before their asses are out the door (pretty much always at the hand of Paul) were Dominique, Cody, Jessica, and (most ironically as he's the last of them standing)....Josh.

Here's to holding out hope Paul is the last one eliminated before the final two and has to spend a week in the jury house with the "woke" ones before seeing someone else win the $$$$ he's thought was his for the taking all summer.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:49 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,272,185 times
Josh had a very good opportunity to shake things up....but didn't.
Too bad.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:09 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,183,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Josh had a very good opportunity to shake things up....but didn't.
Too bad.
Not surprising at all though. And how he went along with what he must have been told by Paul: to vote for Kevin instead of Raven, but then apologize to Raven, so it looks like Josh was one of the ones who voted for her instead of Paul. And he did that after Paul yelled at him about Jason to look good to Alex. Wow, just wow.

The only good thing is that Jason seems to believe Josh's goodbye message and FINALLY realize that Paul had been playing him and Alex.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:18 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,703,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post

Exactly this^^.

It's like if I were to hand you a Rubik's Cube and a scratch off ticket, which one would be the easiest to complete without any effort? Paul clearly scored the (no-brainer) scratch off ticket. All he had was time (and totally incompetent people) to do nothing but think up ways to make that effortless scratch off ticket look like it was difficult and actually took some time and effort to scratch off those numbers. In other words, there was absolutely zilch standing in his way to stop him because every HG pretty much had their heads up their butts and made stupid moves or game plays the whole damn time. And to boot, they even went a step further and basically scratched off the numbers on that ticket for him.

(Now, read the above as if it was Paul himself saying it in the DR with his arms flailing all over because this is exactly what he would say and how he would say it. Can't you just picture it?? LOL)

Old 09-08-2017, 04:37 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,603,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
Not surprising at all though. And how he went along with what he must have been told by Paul: to vote for Kevin instead of Raven, but then apologize to Raven, so it looks like Josh was one of the ones who voted for her instead of Paul. And he did that after Paul yelled at him about Jason to look good to Alex. Wow, just wow.

The only good thing is that Jason seems to believe Josh's goodbye message and FINALLY realize that Paul had been playing him and Alex.
This. It absolutely drove me NUTS that Paul acted so shocked in front of Alex, like he knew nothing about how the vote was going to go against Jason. And stupid stupid stupid STUPID Josh just agreed with him while he was crying, instead of just saying out loud "Of course you knew, Paul! Don't believe him, Alex!" Wow, that bothered me.

And I wish that we could have had cameras on Paul and Josh's talk right before Josh nominated Raven and Kevin. I could hear Paul's loud whispering in the background, but we couldn't see the conversation. Again, Josh very obviously said exactly what Paul told him to say.

How could Josh be so so so so STUPID!

And I must say it was a little great how Jason was so very blind sided. Why did he never think about how being a challenge threat made him a target??? Yes, hopefully Josh's goodbye message woke him up, even though Paul's goodby seemed to confuse him. Hopefully the people in the house will set him straight about all of Paul's various alliances.

Aaarg, last night's show really was aggravating!

Old 09-08-2017, 06:21 AM

5,517 posts, read 7,107,963 times
Josh would be smart to continue to throw Paul under the bus during his goodbye messages to the next evicted. Paul is unaware and he thinks the jury voters are going to be with him, but not the case.

And the jury can just decide upon themselves, they don't need Will to come in and moderate their decisions!

Old 09-08-2017, 06:46 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,183,551 times
I agree about Josh, NYTom, even though the word "smart" seems to be the antithesis of everything he represents, lol. It's great that he told Jason in his message, true, but Josh is still being the same little coward who's too afraid to openly make any kind of move against King Paul.

At this point, I'm actually just hoping for a SUPER bitter jury. Anyone else can have it as much as I care- I would LOVE to see Grodner's golden boy come in second twice in a row! Paul would LOSE HIS MIND over that, you just know. IDGAD if he played a "better" game- if trashing every bit of human decency is "playing better," then a worse player should win IMHO. Even though the remaining choices are all horrible people as well (except for Kevin, but he won't make it to the end.) It would be worth it just to see the look on Paul's face...and hear the sound of his massive ego come crashing down, lol.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:53 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
I agree about Josh, NYTom, even though the word "smart" seems to be the antithesis of everything he represents, lol. It's great that he told Jason in his message, true, but Josh is still being the same little coward who's too afraid to openly make any kind of move against King Paul.

At this point, I'm actually just hoping for a SUPER bitter jury. Anyone else can have it as much as I care- I would LOVE to see Grodner's golden boy come in second twice in a row! Paul would LOSE HIS MIND over that, you just know. IDGAD if he played a "better" game- if trashing every bit of human decency is "playing better," then a worse player should win IMHO. Even though the remaining choices are all horrible people as well (except for Kevin, but he won't make it to the end.) It would be worth it just to see the look on Paul's face...and hear the sound of his massive ego come crashing down, lol.
I believe with the vote last night, Paul is willing to take him to the end now. Raven, with her "medical history", vs. Kevins' done nothing game, keeping Kevin, to him, was a smart choice. Christmas and Alex will have to go now. Watch him compete hard for the next HoH.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:50 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
While we're busy speculating on which of the loathsome options will be least loathsome--and I'm apt to get run out of here for this--but let's give some credit to Julie Chen.

In particular, I'm talking about Jason's eviction. Now, Jason's a big guy, and he's mad as hell. It'd take very little to set him off. At worst, there could be a security incident; at less than worst but still serious, he could go into rant mode and produce Unacceptable Live TV. All this pretty much hinges on how Julie handles him. Play her cards wrong, and there could be a big problem. Is that chair bolted down? Probably not. What if he sends it through some glass?

And she handles him perfectly. Don't know what she did, don't know how she did it, but he didn't blow up. In that case, when that is the outcome, that's on the hostess. Very few people would have been able to handle that on such short notice and it's an acquired, developed ability. Like watching the quarterback of your hated rival throw a perfect strike for a much-needed first down, you might not have wanted it, you might not like the outcome (I personally would love to see a live show become a s*** show), but the ability is a thing of beauty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV