Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 12:48 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times

Advertisements

I lived in Westport from the ages of 12-18 and graduated from high school there. That was in the late 60's. It was somewhat snooty when I lived there as a kid, and it still is as it's a really wealthy NYC suburb that's home to hedge fund millionaires, but that said, the fact that a heavy woman trying to fit in with other women in a wealthy town made up of Yoga moms is so far-fetched, it's unbelievable. It might be more believable if it were set in Beverly Hills, but definitely isn't pertinent to Westport at all. I loved the local package scenery shots (filmed about three weeks ago) as I recognized everything, but I couldn't stand the premise of the show. I really hope it gets cancelled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 01:20 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv
Nope.
I dont like reality shows either... Complete trash!!

Old 10-13-2016, 06:40 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
okay this was just plain awful and I felt like it was poking fun at overweight people and just don't find anything like that funny at all . I mean don't we have enough problems in this country without shows stereotyping people . Nope sorry katy mixon is not funny in this . Nothing is funny in this .

Old 10-13-2016, 01:56 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
I liked Katy Mixon on Mike & Molly. I noticed that she gained a lot of weight on that show. Molly lost and Victoria gained.

Was not impressed with the one episode of this new show that I have seen.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:32 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,572,107 times
Loved it. She and Diedrich Bader have awesome chemistry.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:36 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I liked it, but I live in that kind of place.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:46 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,572,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I lived in Westport from the ages of 12-18 and graduated from high school there. That was in the late 60's. It was somewhat snooty when I lived there as a kid, and it still is as it's a really wealthy NYC suburb that's home to hedge fund millionaires, but that said, the fact that a heavy woman trying to fit in with other women in a wealthy town made up of Yoga moms is so far-fetched, it's unbelievable. It might be more believable if it were set in Beverly Hills, but definitely isn't pertinent to Westport at all. I loved the local package scenery shots (filmed about three weeks ago) as I recognized everything, but I couldn't stand the premise of the show. I really hope it gets cancelled.
I think these types of neighborhoods exist in many large cities. I know they have in pretty much every city that I've lived in (and there have been too many). Yes, they pushed the stereotypes here, but they're making fun of stereotypes.

I'm the fatty in my current neighborhood, I live in the smallest house in the neighborhood, and I drove a very old car when we first moved here. I can totally relate to this show. I walk my dogs every day, and the young neighborhood SAHMs give me the quick up-and-down-and-up glance as I walk my rescue mutts (not purebreds??) in my t-shirt and jeans, while they're out there gossiping in their yoga outfits and ponytails.
It's a real scenario and it's hilarious to see it on the small screen.

p.s. Why would you hope it gets cancelled? Just don't watch it.

Old 10-16-2016, 02:40 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheotherMarie View Post
I think these types of neighborhoods exist in many large cities. I know they have in pretty much every city that I've lived in (and there have been too many). Yes, they pushed the stereotypes here, but they're making fun of stereotypes.

I'm the fatty in my current neighborhood, I live in the smallest house in the neighborhood, and I drove a very old car when we first moved here. I can totally relate to this show. I walk my dogs every day, and the young neighborhood SAHMs give me the quick up-and-down-and-up glance as I walk my rescue mutts (not purebreds??) in my t-shirt and jeans, while they're out there gossiping in their yoga outfits and ponytails.
It's a real scenario and it's hilarious to see it on the small screen.

p.s. Why would you hope it gets cancelled? Just don't watch it.

Because it feels like it's encouraging body shaming, and I don't like shows that give off that kind of a message. I don't like sitcoms in which one character is a bully or a stereotype. I just don't feel they project a positive message.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:14 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,922,819 times
it lost me in the first minute or two talking about having her first period- it was embarrassing and disgusting- who the heck thought that would be entertaining?

Old 10-18-2016, 10:02 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,273,099 times
I really liked the commercials. The actual show was a disappointment. I found it too crass for my taste. Also, it was pretty much about her being fat and she's really not that big anyway. Oh well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV