Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 06:04 PM

23,658 posts, read 13,860,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I'm bingewatching seasons 2-5 of Homefront, and halfway through season 5, it feels as if it should have ended in season 4. It's no longer working for me that Carrie continues to live this life. And they've already signed contracts through season 8. Did any of you start and then get sick of Homefront?
There are shows like that, where it no longer works as well for me, but it is usually because they go from being single to being married and starting families, such as with Charmed (which should have ended when Daryl was written out of the series). SIGH, such is the nature of TV, it often follows "the natural course of life".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 06:07 PM

4 posts, read 2,219 times
the first 4 seasons of Once upon a time are worth watching

Old 08-13-2016, 10:38 PM

101 posts, read 103,220 times
Orange is the New Black (haven't even been tempted to start the master season)

Dexter (seemed to go off the rocker towards the end)

Old 08-14-2016, 06:32 AM

2,906 posts, read 1,972,454 times
As much as I love Grimm, my favorite current series, last season wasn't up to snuff. Still enjoyed it and wont say it 'jumped the shark', but if they have another season like that I think they might be finished. Hopefully the script writing will be better for the upcoming season. There have been very few series I've looked forward to each week as much as this one. It's get your popcorn ready type of entertainment, not that I eat popcorn but you get the drift.

Others have mentioned series that were good every season, Prison Break was that way for me. Just really solid all the way through.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:38 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,223,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsjulie View Post
Orange is the New Black (haven't even been tempted to start the master season)
OITNB was good seasons 1 and 3 only.

Babylon 5's first season was quite goofy and lame, but you have to watch it to set up for the rest of the series, which is quite good.

I feel the same way about STNG. First season goofy and lame. Next 6 fairly awesome.

Once Upon a Time really got crappy with that Peter Pan awful season. But then it recovered somewhat.

Dark Matter...season 1 awesome...season 2 is still piled up on my dvr.

Black List had a good first season. Then I stopped caring.

There have been a couple of snoozy seasons on GOT. Last season was boring. This season was way better.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:39 AM

14,498 posts, read 9,408,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Dexter (The first four are worth watching)
Homeland (I lost interest after the third season)
Entourage (The first three were decent)
Yep: Homeland was my first thought in response to this thread.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:21 PM

8,054 posts, read 4,727,029 times
Highlander: The Series lost its way in season five. Five onwards seemed to get progressively worse.

Dynasty was quite good in seasons 1-3, then fell apart, only to have a really good final season (9).

Falcon Crest was similarly good in seasons 1-3, dropped off a lot, and then fell off a cliff into unwatchable in its final season (9).

As mentioned above, Doctor Who became un-necessarily complex and gimmicky in the Matt Smith years (six/seven?), and got marginally better in this past season--but not nearly as fun and addictive as it was in the first five seasons of this reboot.

Designing Women lost its mojo in seasons five, six, and seven when Delta Burke was marginalized and eventually dismissed from the show. Without her, the other ladies just became shrill, overbearing, and humor-less.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:44 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,255,440 times
I only liked the first season of True Detective.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:10 PM

17,496 posts, read 15,091,760 times
Sliders - I'd agree mostly.. The loss of the Professor was certainly the moment things went south.. But, it was still "Ok" until the horrendous Season 5.

Doctor Who - I agree with the Matt Smith years being bad years.. I wasn't a fan. I actually like Capaldi better than Smith. But Tennant set the bar so high.. Nothing will live up to his portrayal.

Mork and Mindy was a show that went off the rails

Quantum Leap really went sideways in its final season.. Leaping into Oswald.. Tossing the "within his own lifetime" rule via gimmicks to send him back to the Civil war..

Old 08-16-2016, 12:48 AM

23,658 posts, read 13,860,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
........Mork and Mindy was a show that went off the rails

Quantum Leap really went sideways in its final season.. Leaping into Oswald.. Tossing the "within his own lifetime" rule via gimmicks to send him back to the Civil war..
According to this
Galactica 1980
the Mork & Mindy ratings caused "Galactica 1980". I guess for by then, I was in college and watching TV became very difficult indeed, so I don't think I saw beyond the 1st season.

I really didn't come across Quantum Leap till its final season and that's when it hooked me (maybe it was because of the line up NBC had with "Reasonable Doubts")................ and when I started getting turned off, though it took about 1.5 decades for that, from TV. They had me hooked on their Tuesday line up and then for final episode, they switched it to another day without warning and I missed it.

Looking at the other seasons, I found them incredibly boring and I wasn't hooked ALTHOUGH that was watching in syndication on Sci Fi Channel. I have learned now that things in syndication are often cut up so much as only to basically tell the story with all the tension building segments removed.........

.....................so perhaps it is time to give "QL" another glance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV