Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 09:10 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times

Advertisements

Amazon has 3 pilots for voting right now

I Love Dick with Kevin Bacon

Jean Claude Van Johnson

The Tick

Not even interested in trying Jean Claude and The Tick (some sort of super hero take off)

Quit watching I Love Dick half way through the first episode.

Their first season of original content they had several they didn't pick up that I really liked. And I love Bosch and Mozart in the Jungle. Transparent was good S1 (hated S2).

What is up with Amazon? The above 3 seem like a disaster to me.

I love Dick has a totally different plot (I guess since I ddin't actually finish) than Transparent but had the same flavor or smell as Transparent. Right coast/left coast self involved neurotic naval gazers but transported to Texas. Yuck.

wikipedia

I Love Dick is a novel by American artist and author Chris Kraus.[1] Published by Semiotext(e) in 1997, I Love Dick merges fiction and memoir formats, to explore the writer's psycho-sexual obsession with the eponymous "Dick," a media theorist and sociologist whose last name is never given over the course of the text, despite other art world personalities appearing as themselves. Critics heralded it as both "radical" and "gossipy,"[2] and the book continues to be an interdisciplinary point of reference for writers, artists, art historians, and theoreticians alike. The book announced Kraus' particular brand of "confessional literature" that she herself described as "lonely girl phenomenology."[3]

Later identified as Dick Hebdige, "Dick's sporadic presence in Chris's life changes her thinking about her marriage (to philosopher and Semiotext(e) founder Sylvère Lotringer) and to her work, as well.

This work has recently been adapted as a television pilot for Amazon. It was directed by Jill Soloway and stars Kathryn Hahn and Kevin Bacon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 09:48 AM

7,244 posts, read 7,066,230 times
We watched the Tick, as fans of the original comic, then the cartoon version, then the live action one with Patrick Warburton.

We didn't like the new one. Too dark and trying too hard to be edgy.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:54 AM

I actually went to Amazon and hit "yes this review was informative to me" on 25 pages of 1 star reviews. All those people saying basically how I feel. But of course there were more 4 nd 5 stars which much all be New Yorkers or something.

Seriously Amazon Original Content is screwing up big time!

Old 09-05-2016, 09:59 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I actually went to Amazon and hit "yes this review was informative to me" on 25 pages of 1 star reviews. All those people saying basically how I feel. But of course there were more 4 nd 5 stars which much all be New Yorkers or something.

Seriously Amazon Original Content is screwing up big time!
Or they are just people with different tastes than yours. Seriously, how important is a web show that you take the time to go through 25 pages of reviews.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:02 AM

I guess your saying I'm a loser because TV is important to me. I did that because Amazon looks at pilot voiting and ratings to determine whether they turn it into a series.
And thanks for dropping in to mak me feel like crap because you don't like that I don't like a show. Apparently not liking a show is not allowed. Enjoy your day having made someone feel like a loser.

Last edited by Giesela; 09-05-2016 at 10:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV