Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 08:15 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times

Advertisements

GR has more hair now! lol All natural I assure you darling.

That Matt is a knucklehead. Chesty guys have no chance as they always blow a fuse at GR's temper/mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 10:40 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Ok, so ... right off the bat I picked out that Matt character as a douche! And, amazingly enough, since I'm obviously no 'Miss Cleo' (we don't look alike - but maybe I have her "powers"! ) I KNEW Pat was going to get hammered for being a "culinary instructor" and all that yapping about being Italian and growing up on risotto, yada yada yada. The minute you put yourself out there as some kind of expert or superior being, you better be able to back that sh*t up 100%, or else .....

In that vein, I have a little side story that has absolutely nothing to do with HK! LOL!!! Ok, so a couple of weeks ago I was at Big So Cal Euro 2016 in San Diego https://www.big-euro.com/media/ which is for Euro cars, obviously () and there was a Jeep Grand Cherokee (a non-Euro car) out there racing with a license plate that reads RIP GTR. Anyway ... this guy literally beat EVERYTHING he raced. I don't know what he had under that hood, but somebody next to me said he has like 1200 horsepower. Anyway, to tie this into HK ... the dude was completely able to back up the claim on his license plate!!! Ok, that's it. End of story!!! Now, back to our regularly scheduled program .......

Hey Canes - guess what I had for dinner last night????? STEAK!!!! I didn't even know I was going to have steak until Jeeves, I mean, my husband, went outside to grill our steaks on the barbie. And to top things off, while I was watching HK after my steak, I had a couple of pieces of Dove chocolates WHILE Matt presented his "signature dish" of Dove Bolognese!!!!! Coincidence???????

It seems like this season we actually have some chefs that can boil water. What a concept! The ladies knocked it out of the ballpark last night. Let's see if they can keep it up during the whole season. I think that one lady's gotta go - the one who made the thing with the canned clams. I think she was the hefty gal with the annoying loud voice who won't shut the hell up.

It's too early in the season (Duh! First night, ya dang donkeys!!!) for me to bust out with my predictions, but it seems like there are an awful lot of donkeys on the blue team. Probably a couple on the red team too, but they seemed to have it together last night. The previews for next week look like maybe that's not going to be the case - like maybe last night was a fluke thing for the ladies. What's with everyone getting naked and showing their butts???!!!

I loved the opening of the show for this season. It had most of the usual GRisms, but one thing was missing ... he isn't heard calling anyone a DONKEY!!!!! They (who's "they"??? LOL!) should have included GR yelling "You're a DONKEY!!!" or "Come 'ere yew DONKEY!!!" in the opening sequence.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - what is wrong with the men? Why is it that when GR asks them who cooked something they just stand there with blank stares and say nothing? Bunch of idiots!!! And it happened a few times!!!

It sure was good to see GR yelling and throwing stuff and saying "It's RAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!" and "Hey, come 'ere yew!" and "Hey all of yew, get the #@*&% outta here!!!" So comforting!!!

Well, that's about all I got for now. But not to worry. As Ahhnaaald says ..... "I'll be back!!!!"

Old 09-24-2016, 12:53 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
An entertaining episode When that wall fell on GR, his hair wasn't even ruffled - LOL

I agree that the wrong person went home. It seemed to me Chef thought someone else should have been sent up, BUT he didn't correct it.

It was great to hear GR back in good form Useless! Path-e-tic! Now get out of 'ere!
That's exactly what I was thinking. The way he said, "Matt??" like he was surprised, he had someone else other than just Pat. I thought Matt should have gone home. Pigeon, hot head, but maybe he's a drama factor for ratings. Pat was kinds of bland, so maybe that's why he went home.

The women seemed to do well, but I agree that Ms. canned clams and store bought pasta as her Signature Dish is way out of her league if that's the best she can do.

Looks good this season. Actual cooks!!

Old 10-01-2016, 10:27 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
None of the men impress me so far. Some are way better than others but all in all they come off as whiny babies.

The ladies have their flaws but they seem to have a lot more fight back in them than previous teams.

Looks pretty intense next week w/ Clams girl Kimberly against Gia.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:01 AM

The men looked like they were kinda sorta getting it together at the beginning of the show, but as usual, they fell apart. Too much bravado, I guess. And what a bunch of little boys!!! Taking their panties off in the hot tub and showing off their weenies?????!!!!! That's something my boys *might* have done when they were maybe 2 years old .... but they would have outgrown that kind of thing shortly thereafter!

Hubby and I had a disagreement as to which donkey would be sent to the feedlot. I don't wanna spoil it for any of you cows who may not have seen the show yet, but suffice to say, he likes to think he's correct, but, as we ALL know ... the Twink is pretty much right 99.999999% of the time, with last night being no exception. He claimed the one who creates the drama would stay. I disagreed and said the drama queen would go and the *other one* would stay cuz GR will give that donkey another chance. Of course .... I was right!!!!!

I had to look away and cover my ears during the lunch scene. I thought I was gonna puke!!! So nasty! Do they really have to eat/drink the nasty sh*t??? I mean, if I were in HK, I would just go hungry. There is no way in hell I would ever eat or drink that nasty ass stuff - it would never happen ... NEVER!!!!!

Looks like next week there's gonna be a b**ch fight smackdown. The previews make it look like the red team is going to fall apart, but I'll bet it's probably a minor incident and everyone's gonna make nice and beat the blue team. Remember, I'm right 99.999999% of the time!!!

I do hope some of the annoying cows on the red team come up for elimination soon. The clam lady is super annoying. Jenna??? I don't know their names yet.

Last edited by Twinkle Toes; 10-01-2016 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: Made a donkey mistake like a silly cow!

Old 10-02-2016, 08:03 AM

1,625 posts, read 1,356,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I had to look away and cover my ears during the lunch scene. I thought I was gonna puke!!! So nasty! Do they really have to eat/drink the nasty sh*t??? I mean, if I were in HK, I would just go hungry. There is no way in hell I would ever eat or drink that nasty ass stuff - it would never happen ... NEVER!!!!!
That punishment was incredibly disgusting and did not fit the "crime" of losing the challenge But I would bet money the contract they sign stipulates that they must complete the punishments, including consuming what is given to them, or else they are automatically eliminated.

And maybe I missed it but did they explain why the one cow (Wendy?) got a chocolate milk shake instead? Was it some type of reward for her? Or maybe it was designed to sow dissention within the red team?

Old 10-04-2016, 04:12 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
And maybe I missed it but did they explain why the one cow (Wendy?) got a chocolate milk shake instead? Was it some type of reward for her? Or maybe it was designed to sow dissention within the red team?
The latter. What I wonder is how she managed to get it. Was it random, or was she 'chosen' to get it by the producers?

Obviously, we know why the girls that were hurling every 2 seconds got what they did. Barfing.. That's good TV..

Old 10-08-2016, 06:19 AM

1,625 posts, read 1,356,455 times
Whiny-boy's temper tantrum was amusing. I thought for sure Chef would let him go rather than give him a pep talk A cry-baby like that is not executive chef material, but I guess it makes for entertaining viewing

And I couldn't believe the donkeys up for elimination this week but in the end I had to agree with Chef on his decision.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:31 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,466 times
I love this show. I'm happy with who went home.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:01 AM

Oy! I wish he would have sent BOTH donkeys home ... AND the crybaby!!!!! But, I know, I know .... ratings!!!

The crybaby is so full of himself! Can't take any form of criticism, thinks he's all that and a bag-o-chips, can't cook. Isn't he the same moron who made a pigeon Bolognese??? He totally reminds me of Billy Mumy in that episode of the Twilight Zone where the spoiled brat kid is wishing people into the corn field if they say or think anything he doesn't like. GR shoulda just let the b**ch go!!!!

And what is up with 'Miss Thang'????? Noooooo, she don't have no 'tude when she show up in the kitchen!!!!! Sorry, Thang, but I see nothing but 'tude when you arrive on scene! And what was up with "I cut my finger off!"?????

And the other one ... she already had her bags packed! Good riddance, Goofy!!!

There's one chick on the red team that has 'Bride of Frankenstein' hair. You know who she is. Dark hair, wears a black bow on one side. Weird!

As much drama as they are starting to have on the red team, I still think they are way more together than the blue team. They just need to get rid of a couple-o-cows and they'll be fine. The blue team, on the other hand, they're all a bunch-o-bozos!!!

I think it's funny how the crybaby is now the team cheerleader. Before his temper tantrum and GR's pep talk, he was offended by his own shadow, now he's like the leader of the turd squad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV