Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 10:56 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Just a question, it just occurred to me. The original time travel capsule that was stolen, where does it return to and launch from? The place had to be ready when it returned from the Hindenburg mission. For some reason they can detect a launch and know where in time it was sent. Why not where it returned too?
The pilot can take it to the physical location he wants to go to. As for the later question the tracking by Mason Industries for Homeland Security is getting better. It is how they know where to go to when a specific date doesn't line up with a big event like the assassination of President Lincoln.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 03:13 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
I read a review on a site that guesses the cancellation possibilities of new shows and Timeless is on the bubble. It's not getting the numbers it should following The Voice. The review said the first two episodes were a little weak, but this third episode was beginning to get it together and the cast is beginning to gel. The teases about their backstories is interesting, too. I love this show and hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:27 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
yes I hope it does not get cancelled either because I really like it and like the back storys too . I wonder if rufus will eventually tell lucy and wyatt that they are being recorded .

Old 10-19-2016, 02:05 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artangel View Post
I was really impacted by the Lincoln episode---anyone else think about how difficult it would be to allow history to repeat itself when a beloved or revered figure is involved? I would have wanted to save Lincoln, too.....
I'm enjoying this show, but wonder if there is going to be this other effects on the main timeline that they don't even see. It's not only the big things which determine our fates, but the little ones, like which route to walk. One is wet, so you take the dry one. But its got major potholes, and it delays you, or you fall, and something small but important doesn't happen. This small event feeds into a larger one. You make it back with a sore leg, but to a place that's not the same anymore.

Would you be able to tell, or when you were incorperated into that newly revised timeline, would you see it as 'normal' since the other is now split off without you?

Who was it in trek who said time travel was such a headache?

Old 10-19-2016, 02:09 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Just a question, it just occurred to me. The original time travel capsule that was stolen, where does it return to and launch from? The place had to be ready when it returned from the Hindenburg mission. For some reason they can detect a launch and know where in time it was sent. Why not where it returned too?
Maybe because on the return trip, even small things could have made a difference, and altered its pathway?

Old 10-24-2016, 12:57 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I read a review on a site that guesses the cancellation possibilities of new shows and Timeless is on the bubble. It's not getting the numbers it should following The Voice. The review said the first two episodes were a little weak, but this third episode was beginning to get it together and the cast is beginning to gel. The teases about their backstories is interesting, too. I love this show and hope it doesn't get cancelled.
All you need to know is that I like it and therefor it will be cancelled. Seems to be a pattern.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:40 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,043,863 times
Whoever did the casting for this show must have had in mind that Hollywood had been recently scolded for "not enough diversity" in acting roles. Indeed, a Black man is playing the role of one of the time travel bosses; a good thing. But the additional casting of a Black man as one of the three time travelers to the past has, I'm sorry to say, become detrimental to believability.

History buffs know that up until recently, segregation generally precluded almost all fraternization between the races. When the threesome revealed themselves as a "team" to select characters in the episodes, it was hard to buy in the Lincoln episode, in the early 1960's episode, and in the Hindenburg episode. But this week, they go back to Nazi Germany. Really? The Armed Forces were still segregated in WWII. There would not have been an integrated threesome of even "secret agents" then, yet in every episode, people they meet are completely unsurprised that they are a team. Just doesn't ring true.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:49 AM

11,637 posts, read 12,706,217 times
It's like The Mod Squad Meets Quantum Leap

Old 10-29-2016, 03:49 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
I dislike the possibility that the bad guys are really the good guys and they don't let the viewer know which is which. This plot device has been used way too much lately and it is getting boring.

They keep hinting to the woman that Rittenhouse is the bad element, but they never give out with any real information that she could look into. All because they want to milk the plot along to the end of the first season or beyond. I tend to lose interest before the end of the season in these type of shows and stop watching.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:24 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post

But I think what annoyed me the most was that the woman had to take her shirt completely off just to take off her bra. Come on, every woman knows how to take off her bra without taking her top off. So making the actress strip to the waist was just gratuitous. I found that less believable than time travel!

Before the Bra came off the thought crossed my mind that it certainly was different to see a male and a female locked up in the same jail cell. Then, like you, wondered why the wire could not be removed without embarrassing her. Then that tiny little wire to move the parts of that heavy cell lock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV