Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2018, 06:44 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Great episode. My takeaway is Kim is starting to realize how insensitive Jimmy appears to be about the passing of his brother. It started with the “well that’s your cross to bear” remark to Howard and now the “well, he sure could write a good letter.” This alarming realization a long with her being overwhelmed with the Mesa Verde planned expansion and her recent car crash, it’s clear she is considering to cut Jimmy loose. It upsets her so much because she loves Jimmy. IMO
Keep in mind that the last words Chuck every spoke to Jimmy were, "Truth be told, I never really cared about you all that much."

This, followed by weeks of Chuck trying to get Jimmy disbarred, setting him up, stealing Kim's clients. I think Jimmy finally realized that deep down Chuck really was an a-hole. One letter isn't going to change that.

Don't watch what a person says (or writes). Watch what a person does. That is the true measure of their character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 06:48 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,762,650 times
I agree with both Rocko20 and Mark S. On the one hand, Kim is starting to see Jimmy as cold-hearted, which goes against everything she has loved about him.

On the other hand, Chuck treated Jimmy like poo-poo and one letter can't erase the past or the hurt that has been inflicted.

I feel for both of them, and I understand the dilemas of both characters.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I feel for both of them, and I understand the dilemas of both characters.
And that, my friend, is a sign of great drama.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:00 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Keep in mind that the last words Chuck every spoke to Jimmy were, "Truth be told, I never really cared about you all that much."

This, followed by weeks of Chuck trying to get Jimmy disbarred, setting him up, stealing Kim's clients. I think Jimmy finally realized that deep down Chuck really was an a-hole. One letter isn't going to change that.

Don't watch what a person says (or writes). Watch what a person does. That is the true measure of their character.

Well, I tend to agree with you on the gist of the letter. I think Jimmy was rather pragmatic about it.. Regardless of what it said, the last thing Chuck said to him was what was going to stick. I thought that was part of the reason for the "It's undated" line. Not only for us to know when the letter was written, but also Jimmy noting that it didn't take the place of the last thing that Chuck said to him. Perhaps, had the letter been dated after their final words, it would have resonated more with Jimmy.

Kim... I more thought that her reaction at the end was more a release of the pent-up emotions. She had been holding it together before giving Jimmy the letter, stressing out about that.. Then the Mesa Verde folks sprang their expansion plans on her that seemed to be far more than what she was expecting. You could tell there that she was feeling.. I don't want to say out of her depth, but perhaps overwhelmed? She had prepared herself for the letter to be an "F You" letter, and when it wasn't, her crying was the manifestation of her relief.

Some questions I have.. Had we met Jimmy's thief before? He seems familiar, but.. Good to see Gale again, and I was impressed at the backstory as to why Gus was buying locally.. Gives us the inroads to his meeting Walt. Gus is playing the long game here. Finally.. Why did Kim suddenly want to go to the courthouse? I feel there's something there with her suddenly deciding to go to the courthouse and let her paralegal work on the paperwork for Mesa Verde.

Mesa Verde is being setup more and more as Kim's 'out' between BCS and BB. With all this expansion and didn't Kevin say that one of the expansions was his hometown? Certainly a possibility that they'd move the HQ there and need Kim to follow.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:23 PM

193 posts, read 147,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Well, I tend to agree with you on the gist of the letter. I think Jimmy was rather pragmatic about it.. Regardless of what it said, the last thing Chuck said to him was what was going to stick. I thought that was part of the reason for the "It's undated" line. Not only for us to know when the letter was written, but also Jimmy noting that it didn't take the place of the last thing that Chuck said to him. Perhaps, had the letter been dated after their final words, it would have resonated more with Jimmy.

Kim... I more thought that her reaction at the end was more a release of the pent-up emotions. She had been holding it together before giving Jimmy the letter, stressing out about that.. Then the Mesa Verde folks sprang their expansion plans on her that seemed to be far more than what she was expecting. You could tell there that she was feeling.. I don't want to say out of her depth, but perhaps overwhelmed? She had prepared herself for the letter to be an "F You" letter, and when it wasn't, her crying was the manifestation of her relief.

Some questions I have.. Had we met Jimmy's thief before? He seems familiar, but.. Good to see Gale again, and I was impressed at the backstory as to why Gus was buying locally.. Gives us the inroads to his meeting Walt. Gus is playing the long game here. Finally.. Why did Kim suddenly want to go to the courthouse? I feel there's something there with her suddenly deciding to go to the courthouse and let her paralegal work on the paperwork for Mesa Verde.

Mesa Verde is being setup more and more as Kim's 'out' between BCS and BB. With all this expansion and didn't Kevin say that one of the expansions was his hometown? Certainly a possibility that they'd move the HQ there and need Kim to follow.
I think Kim smells a rat with Mesa Verde.

Not only is the expansion very aggressive, but she has some instinct that something might not be on the up and up. Hanging around Jimmy so long, maybe she has an intuition that there is some shady business afoot. I think she is going to have to take a moral stand, and they are setting up Mesa Verde, as the client she fought for and Jimmy got disbarred over, as the deus ex machina for her character's turning point.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatedogadvice View Post
I think Kim smells a rat with Mesa Verde.
Yup. Agreed.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:24 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
A few talking points in this article.. https://uproxx.com/tv/better-call-sa...ing-long-game/

Oh.. And also.. was anyone else expecting Skinny Pete to perhaps be the guy breaking into the office?

I don't think they can put Badger with Saul, because they really hadn't met by the time BB came around.. But It seems Skinny Pete might be acquainted with Saul.

Ah.. And Ira, the guy who broke in and took the hummel.. Is Ira from Vamanos Pest. Knew I should know him from somewhere..

Last edited by Labonte18; 08-21-2018 at 02:32 PM..

Old 08-21-2018, 05:37 PM

12,030 posts, read 6,561,999 times
It was a surprise, but great, to see David Castabile as the chemist — I love his part on Billions.
Was that meth he was testing for Fring?

Old 08-21-2018, 06:54 PM

322 posts, read 275,565 times
It was good to see Gale alive and well again - last time I saw the actor who plays Gale was in that movie "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi", and I was wracking my brain trying to remember where I'd seen him before

Old 08-21-2018, 11:50 PM

24,596 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Agreed. Jimmy was done with chuck after he said that and one letter wasn't going to change it. Sadly Kim was not there to witness those words to really grasp how much disdain Chuck had for Jimmy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
It was a surprise, but great, to see David Castabile as the chemist — I love his part on Billions.
Was that meth he was testing for Fring?
Billions is such an awesome show a long with David.

The meth he was testing for Gus was from local meth suppliers. Gus has Gale test the product to see if it's garbage or not. It wasn't Walter's meth as we know his was far more pure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV