Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2018, 05:37 PM

17,399 posts, read 14,945,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post

So true, Jimmy can't help himself, he's like a lot of people with similar mindsets who see no wrong in their negative behaviors. Jimmy sees nothing wrong with his actions, so what motive is there for him to change.

well.. Hold up just a bit here. I think Jimmy DOES see the wrong with his actions.. Either he just doesn't care, or feels the ends justify the means.

Remember Chuck's speech in the finale last year.. Which I think truly frees Saul Goodman to break out.. He told Jimmy, along the lines of.. You hurt people and then you apologize and feel bad about it.. Why feel bad? you're still going to do it.

I think, deep down, Jimmy does have morals and feelings.. But he suppresses them.

Better.. Jimmy has morals and feelings. Saul suppresses them.

Because, I still believe, there are two different people in play. Jimmy and Saul are two different people who share the same body. Kim loves Jimmy.. She despises Saul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 05:40 PM

6,972 posts, read 4,816,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Enough to kill herself? That would certainly send Jimmy over the edge for good.
I don't think she'd kill herself. For one thing, that's already happened once. Twice on the same show wouldn't make sense. But remember the car accident and how hopeless you felt when she wasn't going to make that meeting then? Just multiply that by a million if she has to tell Jimmy that she'll never again be able to do the one thing she really does well in her life and then walks away.

Plus, that would be the final thing to make Jimmy disappear forever and make Saul Goodman really appear. Jimmy would be devastated if she died, but ruining a life would turn him into a crook without the devastation.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:18 PM

8,737 posts, read 9,421,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
well.. Hold up just a bit here. I think Jimmy DOES see the wrong with his actions.. Either he just doesn't care, or feels the ends justify the means.

Remember Chuck's speech in the finale last year.. Which I think truly frees Saul Goodman to break out.. He told Jimmy, along the lines of.. You hurt people and then you apologize and feel bad about it.. Why feel bad? you're still going to do it.

I think, deep down, Jimmy does have morals and feelings.. But he suppresses them.

Better.. Jimmy has morals and feelings. Saul suppresses them.

Because, I still believe, there are two different people in play. Jimmy and Saul are two different people who share the same body. Kim loves Jimmy.. She despises Saul.

Um, OK. I'm glad you cleared that up. Jimmy has morals and feelings, so much better now. Caring and not caring about how you apply and their affects changes everything I said about Jimmy oh wait Saul, being in control of his nature.

Thanks, I understand him so much better now.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:08 AM

9,732 posts, read 9,685,763 times
Quote:
Bull.

Jimmy is Jimmy.. He could have been making $100k a year at that cell phone store.. He would have come up with this idea and run with it. It's not about the money.. It's about the hustle.

That's why he didn't make it at Davis and Main(?)..
He had ZERO customers coming into the store at that lousy location. He resorted to painting the sign about "privacy" on the windows to try to attract people driving by. After selling the phones to the one guy who came in, Jimmy got the idea of selling out of his car by going straight to the customers he wanted to cultivate.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:56 AM

22,847 posts, read 28,076,526 times
Quote:
Jimmy has a conscience. No doubt. But a conscience can be seared and callused to the point that it no longer feels.

Mike actually gave us the moral heart of this show in Season 1:

"I’ve known good criminals and bad cops, bad priests, honorable thieves. You can be on one side of the law or the other. But if you make a deal with somebody, you keep your word. You can go home today with your money and never do this again. But you took something that wasn’t yours, and you sold it for a profit. You’re now a criminal. Good one, bad one, that’s up to you."

This show and BREAKING BAD have both shown brilliantly that right and wrong / good and evil aren't always the same thing as legal and illegal. The law is flawed. The justice system is flawed. And sometimes the cops, lawyers, and judges are just as imperfect or outright corrupt as the criminals.

The seems to be the fine line that Jimmy loses sight of to finally become Saul. Jimmy's morality is essentially: If no one gets hurt, if I only steal from people who can either afford or have it coming, where is the harm? But Saul eventually loses sight of that. His morality is more: Hey, it's a dog eat dog world. Every man for himself.

As for Kim, no, I don't think she'll die. That would destroy Jimmy. Saul Goodman isn't a broken or destroyed man. He is bitter and cynical. I think Kim will finally wise up and leave him. And since she is the last person pulling Jimmy to the Good, once she is gone he will finally embrace Saul.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:45 PM

17,399 posts, read 14,945,388 times
One thing we haven't talked about.. Rick Schweikart and the actor who played him, Dennis Boutiskaris. I know i've seen the guy, I've seen things he's in.. But I can't place him in anything.. Anyway.. Could anyone have possibly given off a greater silent expression saying "Would you please shut the **** up now, Jimmy? You're going to make me look cheap."

I was also hoping, since we had an 8 month jump or so there that Jimmy might have asked whether they had heard anything about HHM. I suspect more of that story will be coming in the next few episodes.

Whoever was mentioning about Kim offing herself.. I think Howard Hamlin is probably the top of the list of likely suspects to do themselves in.

Old 09-20-2018, 04:12 PM

19,390 posts, read 12,033,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
As for Kim, no, I don't think she'll die. That would destroy Jimmy. Saul Goodman isn't a broken or destroyed man. He is bitter and cynical. I think Kim will finally wise up and leave him. And since she is the last person pulling Jimmy to the Good, once she is gone he will finally embrace Saul.
Agree. I'm wondering if what happens with Huell's case will have a major bearing on their relationship. Kim was quite affected by the words of the prosecutor. Granted, she didn't think the sentence was fair to Huell but when the prosecutor insulted Jimmy it upset Kim and possibly motivated her to come up with her idea.

Old 09-20-2018, 04:31 PM

596 posts, read 887,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Agree. I'm wondering if what happens with Huell's case will have a major bearing on their relationship. Kim was quite affected by the words of the prosecutor. Granted, she didn't think the sentence was fair to Huell but when the prosecutor insulted Jimmy it upset Kim and possibly motivated her to come up with her idea.

Here's my crackpot theory:

Kim whips up a protest (that's what the markers, etc were for) because Huell is black and his sentence is much tougher than those others she was talking about (maybe none of them were black?) Her current firm finds out about it and dumps her because it doesn't reflect their values. Kim realizes she destroyed her career trying to defend Jimmy. But Jimmy seeks out trouble and always will.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:28 PM

13,824 posts, read 29,791,761 times
Quote:
One thing we haven't talked about.. Rick Schweikart and the actor who played him, Dennis Boutiskaris. I know i've seen the guy, I've seen things he's in.. But I can't place him in anything.. Anyway.. Could anyone have possibly given off a greater silent expression saying "Would you please shut the **** up now, Jimmy? You're going to make me look cheap."
You've seen him in seasons 1 and 2 of this show.

And at least a few times on probably every other TV drama (including many you've never heard of) over the last 30 years.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0100381/

Old 09-20-2018, 06:41 PM

8,737 posts, read 9,421,567 times
I for the life of me haven't come up with an angle for what Kim was doing buying all those kid friendly items. Maybe she'll play up Huell to be some mentally disabled boy man. I doubt this theory, just the only thing I could come up with for all the school supplies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV