Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2017, 02:15 PM

743 posts, read 876,806 times

Advertisements

When we see the present day Jimmy/Saul at the Cinnabon, he doesn't know that WW is dead, or does he? We are seeing the cracks in him as he yells out to the perp to get a lawyer. In BB, WW goes from good to bad to trying to make amends before he dies. Will Jimmy/Saul follow that as well I wonder? WW finally admits to Skyler that he liked what he was doing, did it for himself, and that he was good at it. Will Jimmy/Saul come to that realization? Such a fascinating show to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 02:44 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS4EVER View Post
When we see the present day Jimmy/Saul at the Cinnabon, he doesn't know that WW is dead, or does he? We are seeing the cracks in him as he yells out to the perp to get a lawyer. In BB, WW goes from good to bad to trying to make amends before he dies. Will Jimmy/Saul follow that as well I wonder? WW finally admits to Skyler that he liked what he was doing, did it for himself, and that he was good at it. Will Jimmy/Saul come to that realization? Such a fascinating show to watch.
"Gene"/Jimmy/Saul would have to know that WW is dead......it would have been huge news. TV, newspapers, etc.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:56 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Did Jimmy skim money from his dad? Yeah. But, what is not known is to what degree.
Did their father freely give merchandise and money away to everyone with a sob story? Yeah. Again it's not know to what degree, but, it was probably well known to all of the grifters that the dad an easy mark.

Watching the grifters con their dad is more then likely how Jimmy learned how to con others.
Their dad shushed Jimmy up when he was trying to alert him that he was being conned, which more then likely taught Jimmy that people willingly turn a blind eye to being conned.

Jimmy had the perfect opportunity to con the oldies he was doing wills for, it does happen often in real life, yet he never conned them. Up until Jimmy turned full Saul, he did seem to have a limit on who he would con and for how much.

I would suspect that the fathers money trouble came more from him allowing himself to be taken in by grifters then from Jimmy copping a few bucks here and there. Of course Chuck is going to ignore the fact that their dad was a soft touch to anyone who walked in the door, just so that he can lay the blame their dad's woes on Jimmy.

We excuse Jimmy, but, it appears we know for a fact Chucks motivations. I for one don't feel a need to excuse Jimmy's behavior, I know all kinds of people who have good half bad hearts who leave a path of wrecked human souls in their wake. Jimmy's no more saint or of better heart than his brother, they both have their faults. I don't think Chuck is a great guy either, but seems everyone makes excuses for his poor behaviors.

Old 05-18-2017, 03:57 PM

743 posts, read 876,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
"Gene"/Jimmy/Saul would have to know that WW is dead......it would have been huge news. TV, newspapers, etc.
Maybe, but "Gene" (thanks for reminding me his new name, I couldn't think of it) and WW left the vacuum repair shop at different times. WW ended up in New Hampshire for ??? how long? And Gene/Saul went to Nebraska. It's unclear the amount of time that they've both been away.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:37 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior 7 View Post
I'm not sure if Rebecca was even needed ? Don't think she spoke up about Chuck , what was the point in her being there ?
Just to rattle Chuck and knock him off his game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
Not to say "I told you so" but wasn't I right about it being Kim who said "Saul Goodman?" in the preview for this last episode?
Yep, you were right. I thought of you when she said that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
I'm pretty amazed on the back aging job of the characters. So far, no one is making me go hmmm. I'm sure the way they film helps but still...
The only thing that I'm confused by is Mike's granddaughter's age.
I thought of that while I was watching last weeks epi. I don't remember how old Kaylee was in BB, but she was pretty young.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 05-18-2017 at 05:46 PM..

Old 05-18-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
They could just slow down the time period of the season. Nothing says a season has to be worth a year in the life.
Very true. If you remember, Breaking Bad began on Walter White's 50th birthday, ran for 5 seasons and ended just after his 52nd birthday.

All 5 seasons of Breaking Bad took place over the span of a 2 year period.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS4EVER View Post
When we see the present day Jimmy/Saul at the Cinnabon, he doesn't know that WW is dead, or does he?.

I would think he'd have to know. Walter White became a national news story and lead to a national manhunt. Also, Saul knew Walt was dying of lung cancer.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:17 PM

MGS4EVER - WhipperSnapper 88 said essentially what I was going to say. Think about it - if you were Saul/Gene wouldn't you keep close tabs on what was going on with the hunt for Walter White? And........there would always be the chance that if they found/caught WW he might reveal info about Saul, though that would be highly unlikely.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:43 PM

Someone said something about Kaylee Ehrmentraut that reminded me of something:

In BCS she appears to be about 6-8 yrs old
Several yrs later in BB - although it's a different actress - she appears to be the same age when actually she would be a teenager. But the last time we see her she's on a swingset at the park.

Continuity error?

Old 05-18-2017, 06:56 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Maybe the last episode will have Kim with her husband and family eating at Cinabon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV